San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,052

Posted April 02, 2015
I was compelled to check the qualifications of the teachers due to several factors. Several seem not to have the appropriate credentials. Check your child's teachers credentials at the California department of education. Google teachers credentials california. They have a look up button. You will be surprised. To teach 7th and 8th you need a single subject in the subject you are teaching. To teach 6th you can have the elementary only. Let make sure the administration puts the correct teachers in your child classroom.

Posted February 10, 2015
One of the teachers this year teaches 6th & 7th grade & 7th grade seminar. This is incredibly inconvenient because the teacher cannot focus and/or create different lesson plans for their classes, additionally the teacher lives far away so when the kids are sitting in their class, and while the students are working she is eating breakfast, I find this to be disturbing. The 6th grade class is practically doing the same work as the 7th graders except with different materials The 7th grade class is practically reading and doing the same thing as the seminar students The seminar students ask for a better & different lesson plan and are neglected because "the teacher is too busy" Also, someone told me that the teacher does not except late work AT ALL to create a better lesson plan, but I highly doubt this, and also, a bit back, the kids were assigned to make a plot diagram of the Superbowl, I don't think she realizes that not everyone is athletic and/or plays sports The administration is really awful and the school is flooded with students with almost 40 students per class with the teacher working 5/6 periods a day

Standley Middle School 4

Posted September 15, 2014
Standely, like every other middle school, has it's challenges. However, our family has had a positive experience. Their seminar track was very thorough, however my 'non-seminar' children really enjoy their experience at Standley too. With the exception of a couple, my children enjoyed their teachers. My children were choiced in so friendships were more difficult. However being a middle school student is a tricky time in the best of circumstances, and they over came this. I was not a fan of the principal last year yet she was a vast improvement over her predecessor. Over all this school is solid academically, has caring teachers, and a supportive community of parents. We've been happy here.

Posted July 01, 2014
This school was absolutely terrible for me. I have ran into a bunch of bullying issues, and the counselor and teachers have done nothing about it. Even though the teachers were very kind and helpful I hated everyday I went there. I have been to six different schools throughout my entire education and that one school was the worst by far.

Posted June 10, 2014
As a parent I am very discouraged with Standley. The teachers do not return emails. The communications between the VP and counselor leave a lot to be desired. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I wish I would have pulled my child in December and sent them to another school. The school is a joke and a total waste of time. The only thing they care about is the paycheck... Think long and hard before sending your child here!

Standley Middle School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
This school has very competent teachers and a high parent involvement. The focus is not only how students do well but assisting and guiding them to help them reach those goals.

Standley Middle School 2

Posted March 31, 2014
This is school have a lot problems each class have 40 kids at less, kids come from all over San Diego , there is no parent involved and the principal ?

Standley Middle School 5

Posted March 28, 2014
I have to chuckle at the reviews. Most if not all of the teachers are quite accessible. Parents have good accessibility to both school staff and the district office. Principal Lyon has worked hard to reduce campus student population to a reasonable "by design" size over the last several years. Both of our children have attended Standley. Both children have developed great friends as well as solid academic relationships with instructors.

Standley Middle School 2

Posted February 11, 2014
I AM A STUDENT OF THIS SCHOOL. And I would like to say that this school has its ups and downs. It is culturally diverse and has almost no bullying issues but, the principal is horribly incompetent, some teachers have no control over classes and there is very little teacher-parent communication. The only way my parents can quickly access my grades is through a website only introduced this year. And the staff is mostly burnt out. I often feel depressed when I leave school because the teachers have no control over classes and I can't recieve the full lesson nor can I fully understand it. I would not recommend this school to parents who want their children to truly strive in school.

Posted January 09, 2014
WE feel a desperate need to get out of this school! Its such a scary feeling to know our son goes here. His English teacher didn't assign a book to read until December. Then she assigned a Christian-based book. I read a few paragraphs and realized, besides the [small] non-secular problem, that this is not well-written literature. If he emulates this, he will be writing long 1 sentence paragraphs...! Since the 8th grade testing is not being done this year, I think the English teacher is slacking, a lot.

Standley Middle School
6298 Radcliffe Drive, San Diego, CA  92122
Last modified Standley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Standley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top