Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

We're off to a rocky start if the teachers at this school are trying to develop honesty, integrity and fairness in its students. My child went up to two different teachers during two different classes to try to get clarification on something and instead of the teachers being discrete while responding, each of the teachers decided to loudly repeat the question, causing my child to be embarrassed, and then redirect my child to sit down. What's being developed in my child at this school? My child is learning to not be a free thinker and to NOT ask the teachers questions.

Great school for a new family to the area. Excellent new principle and the school has monthly sessions helping kids focus on developing character and safe learning community. So far the majority of my kid's teachers seem very good.

I was compelled to check the qualifications of the teachers due to several factors. Several seem not to have the appropriate credentials. Check your child's teachers credentials at the California department of education. Google teachers credentials california. They have a look up button. You will be surprised. To teach 7th and 8th you need a single subject in the subject you are teaching. To teach 6th you can have the elementary only. Let make sure the administration puts the correct teachers in your child classroom.

One of the teachers this year teaches 6th & 7th grade & 7th grade seminar. This is incredibly inconvenient because the teacher cannot focus and/or create different lesson plans for their classes, additionally the teacher lives far away so when the kids are sitting in their class, and while the students are working she is eating breakfast, I find this to be disturbing. The 6th grade class is practically doing the same work as the 7th graders except with different materials The 7th grade class is practically reading and doing the same thing as the seminar students The seminar students ask for a better & different lesson plan and are neglected because "the teacher is too busy" Also, someone told me that the teacher does not except late work AT ALL to create a better lesson plan, but I highly doubt this, and also, a bit back, the kids were assigned to make a plot diagram of the Superbowl, I don't think she realizes that not everyone is athletic and/or plays sports The administration is really awful and the school is flooded with students with almost 40 students per class with the teacher working 5/6 periods a day

Standely, like every other middle school, has it's challenges. However, our family has had a positive experience. Their seminar track was very thorough, however my 'non-seminar' children really enjoy their experience at Standley too. With the exception of a couple, my children enjoyed their teachers. My children were choiced in so friendships were more difficult. However being a middle school student is a tricky time in the best of circumstances, and they over came this. I was not a fan of the principal last year yet she was a vast improvement over her predecessor. Over all this school is solid academically, has caring teachers, and a supportive community of parents. We've been happy here.

This school was absolutely terrible for me. I have ran into a bunch of bullying issues, and the counselor and teachers have done nothing about it. Even though the teachers were very kind and helpful I hated everyday I went there. I have been to six different schools throughout my entire education and that one school was the worst by far.

As a parent I am very discouraged with Standley. The teachers do not return emails. The communications between the VP and counselor leave a lot to be desired. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I wish I would have pulled my child in December and sent them to another school. The school is a joke and a total waste of time. The only thing they care about is the paycheck... Think long and hard before sending your child here!

This school has very competent teachers and a high parent involvement. The focus is not only how students do well but assisting and guiding them to help them reach those goals.

This is school have a lot problems each class have 40 kids at less, kids come from all over San Diego , there is no parent involved and the principal ?

I have to chuckle at the reviews. Most if not all of the teachers are quite accessible. Parents have good accessibility to both school staff and the district office. Principal Lyon has worked hard to reduce campus student population to a reasonable "by design" size over the last several years. Both of our children have attended Standley. Both children have developed great friends as well as solid academic relationships with instructors.

Last modified Standley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.