Posted June 22, 2014
Vista Grande is a great school and I am happy to have my kids there. The principal is very engaging and incredibly helpful. The Kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade teachers my children had were all above par. Parent volunteers are welcomed! VG also offers programs like Fine Artists, Running Club, and Summer Reading. They also have a end of year school fair with a talent show. This is a great school! I'm very happy with it!

Posted June 20, 2014
Being military it's hard to find a place that feels like home....my son attended Kindergarten and I couldn't be more happier with the choice of picking Vista Grande! Love the teachers, staff, field trips and the involvement they do with the parents.

Posted November 17, 2011
My two daughters attend Vista Grande and am so glad we made the change. They have had teachers that challenge their potential and it's amazing to see them excel. They love all the teachers they've had and always come home talking about something they've learned or talked about in class especially science. Great, great school overall with the programs they have and involvement of many volunteers.

Posted October 30, 2011
Vista Grande stands above other schools in a multitude of ways. They are a California Distinguished School, a Title 1 Achievement School, and were placed on the California for Business Excellence Honor Roll. They are closing achievement gaps in all areas. But Vista Grande is not all about test scores. They offer extracurricular activities through History Day, Science Field Day, and Project Citizen. The History Day program at Vista Grande has earned MORE awards than any other elementary school in California and the mentor teacher was honored as the California State History Teacher of the Year. Project Citizen successfully lobbied to change the lunch trays to a more environmentally friendly and biodegradable material. If your child is struggling in academics, Vista Grande does not leave them out! Instead, students participate in a variety of special academic assistance programs with specialized staff to make sure that they receive the extra help they need. The teachers, administration, and staff go the extra mile to individually tailor your child's academic experience to highlight their strengths and address their weaknesses; in both an academic and emotional capacity.

Posted September 22, 2011
My two sons are in this school and we are very pleased with the teachers, the activities offered, the parent involvement. My boys always tell me how they liked their school and their teachers as well. Great school overall.

Posted September 06, 2010
I am the parent of two children who attend Vista Grande Elementary School. The principal and front office staff go the extra mile to ensure that children and parents receive the time and attention they need. Most of the teachers are very dedicated and committed to giving their best to our children, despite the never ending budget cuts. It has the feel of a private school, in that the sheer size of the school allows children to be known by name and recognized for their uniqueness. There are many opportunities for parents to be involved and children to express creative ideas. Our new principal brings a positive "can do" attitude with a child centered approach. Vista Grande is an excellent school!

Posted September 22, 2009
Vista Grande is an outstanding school. The school offers all GATE-certified teachers 3rd and up, a Science Lab, Running Club, participation in Science Field Day and History Day, Family Science Night/Star Party, a computer lab, Fine Artists program, Country Fair, Spaghetti Dinner (served by teachers), and many other opportunities for academic and social growth. Vista Grande has an outstanding resource staff, if your child is in need of special education services, but the school also has many opportunities for gifted and high-performing students. With the district focusing on budgetary problems, increasing class size, and a barrage of testing to satisfy state requirements, the teachers remain dedicated and enthusiastic about academic rigor and social-emotional development of each child. In addition, VG has a new principal who has innovative ideas and puts children first. I am very happy with my children attending Vista Grande.

Posted August 19, 2009
This is a great school full of dedicated teachers. We have had a great experience and I say don't waste your time trying to get into other schools in the area. This school stands out. It is smaller because everyone thinks Kumeyaay is so great and don't give Vista Grande a thought. Works out great and keeps class size down too!! All the teachers at this school have been there over 10 years (most anyway) and it shows. They are a small school and that makes for more one on one attention. A great school through and through!!

Posted June 05, 2009
We have had an excellent experience at this school. My son enjoys the art and running programs. His second grade teacher is phenomenal and has given so much of her own time to make sure her class is recieving quality education. The only reason I give it 4 stars is that with his first grade teacher, who retired, I didn't see any improvements. This year has far made up for it.

Vista Grande Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2009
My child spent Kinder through 2nd grade here because it's our boundry school. I was impressed with the teachers and felt they were very aware of my childs unique learning style. As it turns out, my child was identified as GATE seminar and we decided to enroll her in a school that offered that program. The library is beautiful, my child got to use the computer lab quite a bit. The front office staf is very friendly too. My only hesetation was that the principal implied that he didn't believe in gifted education.

Vista Grande Elementary School
5606 Antigua Boulevard, San Diego, CA  92124
Last modified Vista Grande Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Grande Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top