Posted December 04, 2013
I am a 6th grader at this school, and so far, it has been Wonderful! All of my teachers are very nice and you rarely ever get bullied. Plus, they provide very fun games and cool music for both lunches two times a week.They also have a great music program and I love it!

Posted November 20, 2013
I just moved to Mira Mesa this summer and I was very worried about the things I have heard about Mira Mesa and there schools. But truth be told, I was worried over nothing. My son just started Wangenheim this year for 7th grade. Its a great school. The teachers are nice and very helpful. The after school club he joined is a lot of fun and he looks forward going to it each week and as a parent I enjoy going to the monthly coffee with the principal. I would highly recommend Wangenheim. Its a wonderful school in a amazing family oriented city. I'm glad we moved here.

Posted August 05, 2013
I love this school. Wangenheim has a great capability in making students have an interest in their academics. The staff here make this school even more fun than it already is. The campus is big and spacey, people barely bump into each other. They have music and cool activities during lunch every week!

Posted July 17, 2013
I am (now) a former student from Wangenheim. This school is GREAT! There is no old-school upper class men privileges. Bullying is a rare occurrence. We have a no-tolerence policy for bullying. We have sports activities, unlike Challenger. We have many fun events. We also have an outstanding music program. We take pride in that. We also have a lot of athletes, the school made sure that everyone was at their full potential. I absolutely LOVE the teachers! The teachers made sure we exiled and that we we were at our full potential. Many of the teachers have been there for awhile now, and they know how things work. There are no teachers that just go by the textbook. All the teachers like to be interactive. The last thing i'd like to say is that the school has the most ridiculous dress-code. Things that annoyed me were: thicker than 3-inch straps, leggings or tights under dresses that are down to your knee, no sheer or lace tops (even if we are wearing a tank under). I hated that on the very cold or warm days, suddenly we can wear beanies, wear our sheer tops, etc. Regardless, I still really like this school and I'll miss it. Mira Mesa, here i come!

Posted February 28, 2012
I have had two children attend Wangenheim. The curriculum is challenging but manageable. There is a good mix of experienced, enthusiastic teachers and newer, enthusiastic teachers. The school offers a larger selection of electives than most middle schools. There are opportunities for parents to interact with the teachers that other schools don't have such as Shadow a Student Day and Family Math Night. At Orientation, the student receives a copy of his/ her schedule and may visit the classroom and teacher before school begins. The staff encourages the parents to be involved.

Posted January 22, 2012
I am currently a student at Wangenheim I love it here, I have been going here for the last 2years and can't wait for my 8 th grade year. I was never bullied here and it is very easy to make friends. Me coming from a miltary family, most of the cjildren that do go here either are miltary children or live in the area.Most teachers are pretty cool and nice and do care about our academics. I am very happy my parents chides for me to go here instead of Marshall or Challnger.

Posted December 12, 2011
Wangenheim, like other schools, are hit hard by the budget cuts. I think they do a real good job with what they have. I have a 6th and 8th grader and they love going to school. This age is hard for kids and when your children love to go to school and want to learn...that's all a parent wants. The activities, PTSA and teachers are great. This a good school and I would recommend it.

Wangenheim Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2010
Wangenheim is a great school. Given the fact it's in a low-income area, the education provided is quite phenomenal. The majority of teachers at this school are well-experienced and contain a full knowledge of California standards. They'll teach your children many things. In the process, they'll learn the material they need to while they learn must-needed high school study habits. The school's leadership/administration only have in mind what's best for the students of this school. The main focus of the administration are basically teaching your children to reach their full potential. The academic programs at Wangenheim are one of the bests I've seen. Their gifted & talented program is very impressive. The teachers for the GATE program are definitely notable. This school is definitely one I would highly recommend to parents.

Wangenheim Middle School 1

Posted July 13, 2010
Wangenheim is a horrible school! I was an 8th grader and as soon as I got in, I wanted out. I came in as a new 8th grader and was bullied my first week and it only got worse as time went by. The bullying and lack of diversity is the worst of any school I've been to. The administration does absolutely nothing to help. A specific name of the worst administator is VP Carmi Strom. He is the worst VP I have ever had. He gave attitude and resolved none of my bullying problems. I eventually was transferred to Challenger and I must say it was an amazing school after experiencing Wangenheim. If you're thinking about enrolling your kid in Wangenheim...DON'T. Challenger is so much better!!!

Wangenheim Middle School 0

Posted April 05, 2010
If i see someone get hit by a bully the bully doesnt get suspended! im in 6th...

Wangenheim Middle School
9230 Gold Coast Drive, San Diego, CA  92126
Last modified Wangenheim Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wangenheim Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.