San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 27, 2014
Wegeforth and its PTA are the most hard working staff i have ever encountered. their dedication is so profound and very admirable. As a parent, the type of dedication and thoughtfulness the staff provides is very important to me. there are a lovely group of involved parents, like myself, engaging in the student's activities, however there are empty seats at thePTA meeting table and not enough volunteers and contributor at events which can most definitely prevented.

Wegeforth Elementary School 2

Posted July 29, 2012
My 19 year old daughter went to Wegeforth and we LOVED it, so naturally my almost 9 year old enrolled for Kindergarten several years ago. Kindergarten thru 2nd grade went well, but last year for her 3rd grade year everything fell apart. I was not impressed with the Principal in the least! My daughter was having an issue with a bully and when I brought it up, I was told that my child was being, "too sensitive!" As I dug deeper and demanded something be done, I found out that this child that was picking on her was also picking on several other children. The Principals reaction was to put this child on lunch time detention and he had to spend the whole period in her office. That may be a temporary help, but not long term. What happens to him next year? Unforturnately the Principal could not give me enough reassurance for my child to return to Wegeforth next year. It makes me very sad since her sister went there and all the "old timer" teachers know who she is. I am looking at Chesterton Elementary. My daughter knows someone who goes there and her mom LOVES the school. Hopefully they still have room for one more student. I don't see Wegeforth getting better unless it has new leadership

Posted October 11, 2011
small school with excellent and caring teachers. My children are happy and love learning. Great assemblies that are educational. This school tries to incorporate a group effort of parent and teacher participation. It is a community and family oriented school.

Wegeforth Elementary School 1

Posted October 08, 2010
Very bad leadership quality. The new principal for recent 2 years is no high standard in motivating students & staffs. Principal needs to work harder to push up this school better in education. Some teachers are very great and excellent education to students. The previous principal was so great, in compare to this new principal. Lots of bully at 4-5th grade, but no control at all. Only few parents do all the efforts to help kids in learning and contribute to school volunteer program. We need to change the Principal very soon to let the kids better. Lots of complaints on this new principal, even though she has high degree, but no experiences at all.

Posted September 13, 2010
We moved to the neighborhood because of Wegeforth. It is multi-cultural and well rounded on many levels. The parent, staff and PTA involvement is obvious. The teachers really give it their all and have years of experience under their belts. The eduction encompasses many of the ideals I want my kids to embrace.

Posted May 21, 2008
Great school, staff members are always extremely involved. Proud to be a part of the Wegeforth family.

Posted October 27, 2007
I have 2 students enrolled at Wegeforth and a child that has since moved on to Taft Middle School. All my children are doing extremely well. They have been fortunate to be in the GATE glass. My 7th grader was totally prepared and disciplined for middle school in part because of the teachers at Wegeforth. Weg. follows the AVID program and really prepare your student for the future. The PTA and parent involvement is outstanding. The principal is motivated and enthusiastic.

Posted July 10, 2006
I am very pleased with this school. My 6 yr old attended the last part of Kindergarten and all of 1st grade here. He was lucky to have two very excellent teachers (unfortunately the last one is leaving). My 5 year old is signed up to attend next year also. My little boy had attended another school (beg of Kindergarten) where he had had some difficulties but thrived at this school. I attribute his success to his teachers. Also, I have become aware of parent participation in the PTA, and give kudos to those involved.

Posted June 05, 2006
My son has ben at Wegeforth since kindergarten and is just about to finish fifth grade. He has been fortunate enought ot qualify for the GATE program. I have been very impressed with the GATE teachers and his academic progress. I greatly appreciate that all GATE students are required to participate in a science fair every year. He has learnd a tremendous amount by doing this. Wegeforth has placed a strong emphasis on music. As a result, he has learned to play the flute and the recorder. After schoole he hums Beethoven's fifth and Sing Low Sweet Chariot to himself. He picked that all up at school.

Posted February 13, 2006
My son loves the teachers and staff as well as myself.. 6 To 6 program they have is a lifesaver..

Wegeforth Elementary School
3443 Ediwhar Avenue, San Diego, CA  92123
Last modified Wegeforth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wegeforth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top