Bad
Good

Wegeforth and its PTA are the most hard working staff i have ever encountered. their dedication is so profound and very admirable. As a parent, the type of dedication and thoughtfulness the staff provides is very important to me. there are a lovely group of involved parents, like myself, engaging in the student's activities, however there are empty seats at thePTA meeting table and not enough volunteers and contributor at events which can most definitely prevented.

My 19 year old daughter went to Wegeforth and we LOVED it, so naturally my almost 9 year old enrolled for Kindergarten several years ago. Kindergarten thru 2nd grade went well, but last year for her 3rd grade year everything fell apart. I was not impressed with the Principal in the least! My daughter was having an issue with a bully and when I brought it up, I was told that my child was being, "too sensitive!" As I dug deeper and demanded something be done, I found out that this child that was picking on her was also picking on several other children. The Principals reaction was to put this child on lunch time detention and he had to spend the whole period in her office. That may be a temporary help, but not long term. What happens to him next year? Unforturnately the Principal could not give me enough reassurance for my child to return to Wegeforth next year. It makes me very sad since her sister went there and all the "old timer" teachers know who she is. I am looking at Chesterton Elementary. My daughter knows someone who goes there and her mom LOVES the school. Hopefully they still have room for one more student. I don't see Wegeforth getting better unless it has new leadership

small school with excellent and caring teachers. My children are happy and love learning. Great assemblies that are educational. This school tries to incorporate a group effort of parent and teacher participation. It is a community and family oriented school.

Very bad leadership quality. The new principal for recent 2 years is no high standard in motivating students & staffs. Principal needs to work harder to push up this school better in education. Some teachers are very great and excellent education to students. The previous principal was so great, in compare to this new principal. Lots of bully at 4-5th grade, but no control at all. Only few parents do all the efforts to help kids in learning and contribute to school volunteer program. We need to change the Principal very soon to let the kids better. Lots of complaints on this new principal, even though she has high degree, but no experiences at all.

We moved to the neighborhood because of Wegeforth. It is multi-cultural and well rounded on many levels. The parent, staff and PTA involvement is obvious. The teachers really give it their all and have years of experience under their belts. The eduction encompasses many of the ideals I want my kids to embrace.

Great school, staff members are always extremely involved. Proud to be a part of the Wegeforth family.

I have 2 students enrolled at Wegeforth and a child that has since moved on to Taft Middle School. All my children are doing extremely well. They have been fortunate to be in the GATE glass. My 7th grader was totally prepared and disciplined for middle school in part because of the teachers at Wegeforth. Weg. follows the AVID program and really prepare your student for the future. The PTA and parent involvement is outstanding. The principal is motivated and enthusiastic.

Last modified Wegeforth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.