San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Wilson Middle School 2

Posted February 25, 2014
I went to this school for 7th grade and I have to say that this is the worst school ever. There are only 4 periods a day, which I have never heard of. The teachers are okay but the students are a huge problem. I have never went to a school where the students had bad attitudes and that don't follow rules. I have seen some students smoke at the school too. There are only like three electives at this school which sucks. When I first came to this school, I thought this was the most ghetto school I have ever been to. Parents, this is a warning. DO NOT enroll your child at this school. I recommend that you go to Mann Middle not that far away if you have a car.

Posted August 16, 2013
I was a former student at Wilson Middle School and I am now going to be a first-year student at a University. I was very happy to have been able to attend this school despite all the negative reviews or should I say "rumors". The rumors goes along the line of depicting this school to be filled with disrespectful students, horrible teachers, gang violence, and etc. Well, sure the school does contain some of the listed items above but then again which school doesn't? Every school will always have their bad crops so you really can't judge a school by observing a particular group of students/teachers. With that being said, to parents that are considering whether or not to send their kids here: it all comes down to your child. If the child have a good strong grip on his/her head which means they have the ability to make positive and good choices for his/herself instead of following other negative actions that they might see around them then there really isn't anything to worry about. As a reminder, education is education and it is the same everywhere else. Don't criticize this school's teaching abilities and reputation because of some students; they aren't the ones teaching your child.

Wilson Middle School 1

Posted April 24, 2012
i'm a student and this is what i've observed here at Wilson pros: this school has an opportunity to go to Washington D.C cons: -students are VERY disrespectful -limited teachers -teachers don't enforce school rules very well -there is a drug abuse problem

Wilson Middle School 3

Posted July 06, 2007
I have had the utmost pleasure of working at Wilson Middle School with some of the best teachers and staff. Despite the many challenges the teachers face everyday, they provide each student with the opportunities that foster learning and enables each child to become self-monitoring, independent thinkers. Even without an arts elective, there are afterschool sports programs that students can participate in. Soccer, flag football, and basketball have been sports that the Wilson Tigers have been strong in this year. The administration, particularly the student advocates, have gotten tougher in the safety and discipline policies and have been most supportive in the classrooms. Wilson Middle School has gone through many changes and is still going through changes but they are definitely for the better. Although I no longer work at Wilson due to personal reasons, I am proud to have been a member of the Wilson family.

Posted June 04, 2007
My daughter attends in a ILS class with other special needs students. The teacher and support staff are wonderful. I have been very pleased with my daughter's experience there so far.

Wilson Middle School 3

Posted March 01, 2006
I feel that the lack of parent involvment is alot of why the students and school is suffering.It take a village to raise a child..... Be part of the Village at Wilson. Blessings, A Wilson Volanteer

Posted December 30, 2005
- a former student

Posted June 10, 2005
- a former student

Posted May 12, 2005
I have to admit that when my son first attended Wilson three years ago, I was wasn't pleased with the quality of academic programs, the teachers and their availability, nor at the fact that this school ranked one of the lowest in test scores throughout San Diego School Districts. I believe that my sons poor attidude towards school reflected the school's leadership. It was hard for me to keep him focused on the positive side when the quality of academics, and the teachers showed otherwise. Now that my son is in the eighth grade and getting ready for graduation, I am proud to say that the changes that were made with the school and teachers, my son is a great A-B student! Two reasons why he's done great this year, are his math and science teachers. Ms.Lizet and Ms.Nery, you both are awsome.

Posted October 27, 2004