Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Ms coleman ms kitchin and ms simpson thank you to this three teacher of my kids so far

Posted May 23, 2016
Great school,great teachers my daugters been here for 3years and no plan to move them,i really recommend zamorano,my kids loveall their teachers especially ms colenan,ms kitchin and ms simpson,theyre the best.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted February 24, 2016
I think they try but the sheer number of students is much too large. There are a few good teachers at this school but for the most part Zamorano seemed to have a 'herd' mentality. When you have 5 kinder classrooms, 5 first grade classrooms, 5 second grade classrooms, 5 third grade classrooms, etc..etc...etc...the staff is very busy. It is impossible for staff to be compassionate, caring and empathetic to all 1,300 plus students on their campus.

Zamorano Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2016
School is much too large, I was shocked at the number of students and the campus was in my opinion very dirty. Bathrooms dirty and I'd see trash all over the ground. Food wrappers and containers in lunch area and 2 days later I'd still see the same wrappers when I'd pick up my son! Even the bushes and plants looked unkept, leaves all over the walkway like no one uses a weed blower or sweeps the grounds. The custodians at this school do not keep this campus clean at all. A lot of the buildings and classes looked worn down and the 'new' building that houses most of the kinder, first and second graders is an indoor building and also very dirty. Trash, leaves and stains all over that indoor corridor and the concrete floor. That building has an elevator that also was very dirty. That elevator is a hazard for little children, I'd often see kids horsing around near it, even that second floor concrete stairway I was always waiting to see kids tumbling down from it. It was distressing when I'd visit my son for lunch, lunch hour was very chaotic. I often wondered why the same trash was not being picked up for days. It showed a lack of pride at Zamorano or that no one on staff cared. Either that or they were just being lazy which was not a good impression when it comes to adult staff working with your children.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted February 24, 2016
Most teachers at Zamorano care and for parents who don't know any other school experience they might be happy but after I pulled my son out and took him to another school half this school's size, I realized how much MORE attention he received at a smaller school and his grades have sky rocketed. Teachers are very relaxed at a smaller school, not as rushed, can really focus on their students and the class sizes are not as large. I am very happy I changed schools. I love the security factor (smaller school, kids watched more) and campus is much cleaner and more secure. Zamorano was so busy, just picking my child up daily was an event. 1,300 students and the parents coming to pickup their kids at the same time - crazy!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
Yes I do every kid is treated equally and if they need any special accommodations like mine they work very fast to get it started for them to better help them in their education !!

Posted October 02, 2015
My kid just start kindergarden and he loves it!!! It is true that the school is huge & the enrollment number is big, but they are really trying to keep the school organize & safe. His teacher is Ms. Martinez and she's great & the principal too.

Zamorano Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2015
I had my son enrolled at Zamorano. The student enrollment is huge, over 1, 300 students. It has the population of over 2 schools. Zamorano lost my son the first day of school, the school actually was searching for him around campus. Details too long to post here but let's say it's very common for recess and noon duty personnel to be searching for a student who hasn't reported back to class. The classroom sizes are large too. I learned that I prefer a smaller school, you get to know everyone a bit more and feel that students do benefit from smaller class sizes. The majority of students here continue on to SCPA for middle and high school. SCPA has a start time of 7:15am which means you need to be there at 7am sharp. Super early! Something to consider if you want to enroll your kids at Zamorano, the logistics of where your child will matriculate to after the 5th grade and if it fits your schedule. It became really difficult for me once I went back to work juggling the middle school child at 7am and the other child I had back at Zamorano who had an early start time too. Best of luck.

Posted October 09, 2013
We are so happy we moved our kids to this excellent school!! ZAMORANO is very professional and dedicaded to all students!

Zamorano Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
So far we have been at the school for on grade my daugther will be entering 2nd grade come Sept 3. The teacher she has had are great they really care about their kids. I'm looking forward to see what next year brings. Good School so far

2655 Casey Street, San Diego, CA  92139-2989
Last modified Zamorano Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.