San Diego, CA

Posted December 03, 2013
Excellent if only i had chosen better words. The afteschool programs allow every student to achieve alot and strive for what they deserve as she said there there is an amazing staff member who helps the school by engaging students in a homework club founded by the counselor.

Montgomery Middle School 4

Posted February 22, 2010

Posted January 07, 2010
I have the greatest respect for all the staff at MOM for their hard work and dedication.I want to commend my douthers counselor for the outstanding job he has done working with me in insuring my dougther got the support she needed. The Counselors gave me great support to help my doughter not just academecally but emotional support as well.

Posted September 23, 2009
I have been totally frustrated with this school. We have had two sons attend this school and both have gained little from attending. The teachers accept shoddy work, incomplete and or late assignments. Children getting poor marks is acceptable in their eyes. There is no sense of urgency to help a struggling child nor is there any disciplinary actions taken by the school when a child is performing poorly in classrooms without cause. The staff appear to care but in reality, are subpar and have become complacent on kids performing poorly because the percieved average educational achievement for the parents is HS. Therefore, getting these kids to achieve to that level or slightly better is the sum goal. This is UNACCEPTABLE! This school has got to do better. Sweetwater School district need to look into this program and make major changes.

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted May 01, 2009

Posted February 20, 2009
MOM has not been a good school for my son. I have been trying to keep up to date with his teacher on every subject but only 1 or 2 ever respond. I have left messages with several teachers and no returned phone calls. I've been trying to reach his counselor to get him a buddy to work with him after school but I still have not received a response from her. This has bee n going on for several months so I just decided to stop calling. I am very disappointed in MOM school system and believe my child deserves better.

Posted July 08, 2008
i love this school my son is doing very well and i give thanks to all the wonderful teachers int the school

Montgomery Middle School 3

Posted May 01, 2008
The Principal and Counselors really care about the children's future. The Mariachi class keeps my son motivated to do well in school. Overall MOM is a good school, not the best in our area but good. They deffinitely need improvement in down sizing their class sizes, providing more educational fieldtrips and activities and having 'fresh' staff who are not burned out. Few staff have over 30 years of service and their style of teaching or dealing with problem youth is archaic. Adriana Cano parent

Posted August 27, 2007

Montgomery Middle School
1051 Picador Boulevard, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified Montgomery Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montgomery Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top