Posted August 21, 2014
This is the only private school to send a boy to in San Diego. the Students are a true family, the academics are top notch and the extra curricular activities are some of the best around. Also, the sports programs are some of the best.

St. Augustine High School 1

Posted March 08, 2014
My only experience has been in the application process at Saint's. It was an extremely brief paper to complete which included demographic information and current school of attendance. We then received an email encouraging us (and all other prospective students) a chance to pay $50 to come play football for a Saturday afternoon so the coaches could get an idea of their talent. The interview at Saint's consisted of a 10 minute conversation with the football coach. There was never any information asked about my son as a person, his educational talents or his extracurricular activities. When comparing their average SAT scores to those of other private high schools I looked at, Saint scores were significantly lower. Saint's may be a great school, but the heavy recruiting of football players left a foul taste in my mouth. No thanks Saint's....I'm opting for a place that cares about things other than football.

Posted August 24, 2013
Best high school in San Diego County. Everyone top to bottom cares deeply about boys education. There place for every boy who can handle a rigorous curriculum. They enter as boys and leave as well educated gentlemen. My son LOVED the "Saints" experience.

Posted September 24, 2009
As a former alumnus, I am proud to say the tradition embeded in this institution is something I've only seen experienced by private/boarding school students from the East Coast. Having been 3rd generation to go through the halls, it meant a lot to represent such a fine school in all possible aspects. The Staff are always a cut above the rest, having prepared me very well for college, and the standards in extracurriculars are well above average. I would recommend this fine school to any person who desires an experience like a big 4 year university, in a small hs setting.

Posted September 16, 2009
A wonderful all-around school. Strong academics, varied activities for all interests, great athletics, incredible school spirit and community.

Posted August 20, 2008
My oldest son just graduated from Saints and my other son is an incoming junior. Many of my male family members (including my father) went here. This is an OUTSTANDING SCHOOL! For many years, 100% of the students graduate to college. How many public schools can say that? The school understands boys and how to teach to them. It is an all-boys school but this means that there is no distraction (from girls) on a day-to-day basis for the boys but the school is very involved with the all-girls high school close by, Our Lady of Peace. Both my boys have not only received an outstanding academic education, but the school reinforces the morals, values and ethics we teach at home. Even though my husband is not Catholic, he is the biggest fan of Saints. As parents, this was the absolute best decision we ever made! Terri P.

Posted August 07, 2008
Our son is a current student at the school. and we are very happy with the way he is turning out. The school truly 'gets' the need for an excellent academic program as well as the necessity for excellence in athletics. Case in point: many of the student athletes have GPAs 3.0 and above. There is something for everyone at the school. The families are a wonderful mixture of various cultures and backgrounds from throughout the county. You cannot go wrong with this school. It stands heads above both private and public schools where drugs are readily available and dominate the social scene.

Posted July 14, 2008

Posted June 17, 2008
It's amazing that people can say that Saints has a high teacher turnover rate, when most of the teachers have been at the school almost 10 years, some having taught at the school for upwards of 40 years. In regard to an all male environment, Saints has had a long standing, close relationship with OLP, and the atmosphere on campus only fosters a close brotherhood among students. It's not as if you didn't know it was an all guys school when you enrolled your son!

Posted May 21, 2008

St. Augustine High School
3266 Nutmeg Street, San Diego, CA  92104
Last modified St. Augustine High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Augustine High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top