St Michael Academy 1

Posted June 24, 2014
This school is not a very good school. The principal does not do her job. They do not do any upgrades to the school and are very racists against kids who are not Asian. Sorry to say it but it is true try it out if you don't believe it.

Posted November 18, 2013
My son graduated 2 years ago and was there for only 2 yrs. I am an alumni and I regret not bringing him sooner but I lived so far away! The teachers are super great! I liked the principal he was very organized and the students tested a couple years ahead when they graduated!

Posted July 25, 2013
Both my children have attended St. Michael Academy since they were in preschool. Our oldest daughter finished her first year of highschool and she did really well. My husband and I attribute this to the great education she received at SMA. They taught her great study skills, to respect her teachers, and they instilled in her the value of volunteering her time in helping people. I find that the teachers not only have an interest in how the students are doing academically but they also teach the students the importance of living their Catholic faith through their words and actions. SMA has extrcurrical activies such as volleyball and basketball for girls and basketball for boys. Daycare is also offered. St. Michael has wonderful families. The parents want the best for their children and they are eager to volunteer their time. My children have made lifelong friends at SMA. St. Michael Academy is a wonderful school to send your children.

Posted July 12, 2013
Saint Michael Academy is a wonderful School. I am an alumni and product of Saint Michael Academy. The teachers are great, you just have to let them teach. I know that for a fact because many of the alumni from SMA are featured in High School bulletins as having great GPA and are accelerating in their classes. For example, AP, honors etc. I have a son that graduated from SMA he is in AP Spanish, took his final and passed very qualified. He will be taking AP government this next year etc. SMA has taught them to do your homework and turn it in!! I believe that you have to trust the teachers and back them up when ever possible. I have been a parent volunteer since Feb. 2001 every school has their ups and downs but I have had MORE UPS than downs I guess it's just the way you look at situations. I love SMA!! Hands Down!! Teachers are great! I believe that 100%.

St Michael Academy 1

Posted June 19, 2013
Sma needs HELP. The teachers and principal are not welcoming or understanding. The students however are inviting but the staff is rude and INTIMIDATING.

St Michael Academy 0

Posted May 05, 2010
St. Michael Academy (San Diego) is an excellent school. The teachers are wonderful and have been known to prepare their children for high school. When interviewed at another Private School - High School, it's been told that St. Michael Academy is one of the best schools. It prepares the students academically. St. Michael Academy is well known for their science and mathematic department. The administration could improve as they are relying on parents to do the marketing for the school. I think it's the administration's responsibility and not the parents. As for parent involvement, it is wonderful see many parents involved in the school. I love St. Michael Academy. It is a safe and friendly environment.

St Michael Academy 0

Posted April 28, 2010
St Michael Academy(San Diego) is an excellent school. We have sacrificed financially, and sent both our children to St Michael. We have been Academy parents for seven years with two beautiful children raised and nurtured in the Catholic faith. Early on our children were taught to be confident, self sufficient, and repectful to others. With these foundations of faith, self confidence, and respect,... academics and social skills came easily. Our extra curricular activities now include volleyball and basketball, and this year the girls volleyball teams did very well. The teaching staff is very supportive and helpful, all you have to do is ask, ask, and communicate. Your childs experience in any school depends on your involvement and the communication between you and your child. We would highly recommend St. Michael Academy to everyone. Come and visit the campus, talk to teachers, staff, and students, experience it for yourself. God Bless.

St Michael Academy 4

Posted September 23, 2009
As a parent of SMA I have found that the Teachers, Administration & Parents alike are dedicated assuring that our children receive the highest academic and spiritual education. My children have attended SMA starting in Preschool and their experience as well as mine has been one of excellence from teachers and staff. I have experienced a close community of Parents, Teachers, and Administration. I know my children are not only receiving an excellent academic education but are experiencing a wonderful community environment. With a combined 8 yrs of my children attending SMA I highly recommend SMA to all families. Sending my children to SMA has been the best choice for my family and is one I know will benefit them for a life time.

St Michael Academy 3

Posted August 31, 2009

St Michael Academy 4

Posted August 10, 2009
I am currently a student at SMA. I can say that my experience is great. I love the environment, and the unity. I can literally name everyone in the whole school because everyone basically knows each other, and looks out for each other. I've made great friends, and have a great bond with my teachers. I'm not so happy with some changes made in the past few years. I think the school should center on something other than looks and making the school great on the outside, and focus more on what's going on inside. Like students who have trouble in class should get more help instead of just a conference or a slip. Sure, our school isn't perfect, but it isn't the worst either. If you want your child to have lasting friendships, learn from a a unique and warm staff, and shape a strong relidious faith, send them here.

St Michael Academy
2637 Homedale Street, San Diego, CA  92139
Last modified St Michael Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Michael Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.