PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I honestly loved this school so much. The teachers were good but the experience that I received as well as the bonds I was able to form with friends were absolutely amazing. We were a family, in fact, despite our class graduating a year ago, we still ARE a family. I've attended sma since preschool and I am currently in high school. I cannot explain how amazing saint Michael's has treated me. The staff, teachers and students are always so friendly and truly care about you and what is best for you. Saint Michael's has had its ups and downs, but it remains strong and united, like a big family. I love this school. I love the people. I love the teachers. I love everything about it because we are a family. We are united as one.

My son has struggled the last few years and had grown very down on himself and his abilities. This year I attacked early, even before the school year began and started a plan for either moving my son to a new school in Poway public or remaining at St Michael's. The Poway public school ratio was 36 - 1 for 6th grade, (not good). St Michael's sat at 23-1. After some good nudging on my part, St Michael's really stepped up and created a customized learning plan for my child. We have had regular contact and emails and meetings. Also this year the school implemented an after school program called Outpost which has been a home run and blessing. A dedicated 1 hour of homework with one on one support. We went from C's, D's and borderline F's last year, to A's, B's and C's this year. It still requires a lot of work from a parents side to keep things on track and I know that is hard for us all. But being fair, St Michael's really stepped up this year and my son has been thriving because of it. 4 stars instead of 5 because it still takes work from the parent to keep it heading correct. But the willingness for a school to adapt and grow is the essential part for success.

This school is not a very good school. The principal does not do her job. They do not do any upgrades to the school and are very racists against kids who are not Asian. Sorry to say it but it is true try it out if you don't believe it.

My son graduated 2 years ago and was there for only 2 yrs. I am an alumni and I regret not bringing him sooner but I lived so far away! The teachers are super great! I liked the principal he was very organized and the students tested a couple years ahead when they graduated!

Both my children have attended St. Michael Academy since they were in preschool. Our oldest daughter finished her first year of highschool and she did really well. My husband and I attribute this to the great education she received at SMA. They taught her great study skills, to respect her teachers, and they instilled in her the value of volunteering her time in helping people. I find that the teachers not only have an interest in how the students are doing academically but they also teach the students the importance of living their Catholic faith through their words and actions. SMA has extrcurrical activies such as volleyball and basketball for girls and basketball for boys. Daycare is also offered. St. Michael has wonderful families. The parents want the best for their children and they are eager to volunteer their time. My children have made lifelong friends at SMA. St. Michael Academy is a wonderful school to send your children.

Saint Michael Academy is a wonderful School. I am an alumni and product of Saint Michael Academy. The teachers are great, you just have to let them teach. I know that for a fact because many of the alumni from SMA are featured in High School bulletins as having great GPA and are accelerating in their classes. For example, AP, honors etc. I have a son that graduated from SMA he is in AP Spanish, took his final and passed very qualified. He will be taking AP government this next year etc. SMA has taught them to do your homework and turn it in!! I believe that you have to trust the teachers and back them up when ever possible. I have been a parent volunteer since Feb. 2001 every school has their ups and downs but I have had MORE UPS than downs I guess it's just the way you look at situations. I love SMA!! Hands Down!! Teachers are great! I believe that 100%.

Sma needs HELP. The teachers and principal are not welcoming or understanding. The students however are inviting but the staff is rude and INTIMIDATING.

St. Michael Academy (San Diego) is an excellent school. The teachers are wonderful and have been known to prepare their children for high school. When interviewed at another Private School - High School, it's been told that St. Michael Academy is one of the best schools. It prepares the students academically. St. Michael Academy is well known for their science and mathematic department. The administration could improve as they are relying on parents to do the marketing for the school. I think it's the administration's responsibility and not the parents. As for parent involvement, it is wonderful see many parents involved in the school. I love St. Michael Academy. It is a safe and friendly environment.

St Michael Academy(San Diego) is an excellent school. We have sacrificed financially, and sent both our children to St Michael. We have been Academy parents for seven years with two beautiful children raised and nurtured in the Catholic faith. Early on our children were taught to be confident, self sufficient, and repectful to others. With these foundations of faith, self confidence, and respect,... academics and social skills came easily. Our extra curricular activities now include volleyball and basketball, and this year the girls volleyball teams did very well. The teaching staff is very supportive and helpful, all you have to do is ask, ask, and communicate. Your childs experience in any school depends on your involvement and the communication between you and your child. We would highly recommend St. Michael Academy to everyone. Come and visit the campus, talk to teachers, staff, and students, experience it for yourself. God Bless.

As a parent of SMA I have found that the Teachers, Administration & Parents alike are dedicated assuring that our children receive the highest academic and spiritual education. My children have attended SMA starting in Preschool and their experience as well as mine has been one of excellence from teachers and staff. I have experienced a close community of Parents, Teachers, and Administration. I know my children are not only receiving an excellent academic education but are experiencing a wonderful community environment. With a combined 8 yrs of my children attending SMA I highly recommend SMA to all families. Sending my children to SMA has been the best choice for my family and is one I know will benefit them for a life time.

Last modified St Michael Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8