Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My kids have been at OLSH since pre-school and I love everything about this school. The staff has dedication and love for the kids. Students are encouraged to take risks and get out of their comfort zone. They have sports like basketball, soccer and volleyball. Students who are in choir will get to sing during the school masses.They all participate in a yearly play and this school has taken home the Religion Medal in the 2014 Decathlon. In terms of Academics each student is evaluated and given the appropriate curriculum. Since the school is Catholic faith based your children will not only learn about God they will learn about love, compassion, humility, justice, peace, prayer, service and to have a personal relationship with Jesus. At OLSH you feel like you are part of a big family. What's missing at OLSH is funding due to low-enrollment and I think it's based on the location but nonetheless, it's a great school.

Posted May 18, 2013
This school has focused little on CST testing which is vital to future high-schoolers education. The education and expertise they offer is in no way compared to a traditional middle school, There are few classes and most of the middle school teachers are under-qualified. If you want your student to get a good education, I recommend another school. The don't have any band or art. There are only a few extra curricular courses offered. Though the staff members are amazing, looking at a broad spectrum this is not enough to get your child into an amazing school, future-wise. This school will bring you closer to God.

Posted November 10, 2011
teachers are excellent, staff are very nice and helpful. teachers as much about passion as it is about reason. It's about not only motivating students to learn, but teaching them how to learn, and doing so in a manner that is relevant, meaningful, and memorable. It's about caring for your craft, having a passion for it, and conveying that passion to everyone, most importantly to your students

Posted November 10, 2011
my kids are attending this school for 2 years. teachers are nice and well taking care of the kid, staff very friendly and helpful. they are willing to help you when you need help.

Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart 3

Posted July 08, 2011
I was a student at this school a couple years ago, and the staff is great. The school make sure you are good. But, whats not very right is that it cost quite some money and when you can't afford they lower it down by making the parents of the student that doesnt have they money clean up classrooms and more. Like a janitor. But I dont know if the school still does that it was a long time ago.

Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart 0

Posted March 04, 2010
The staff is extremly caring and friendly....all three of my children attended this school with no problems. They bent over backwards to help me out.

Posted February 16, 2010

Posted December 25, 2009
This school is amazing. I went here got my education and everyone is friendly and nice.The school may be small but it is a safety environment to be in. I went here for 3 years and now my sister is attending this school and she loves it!

Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart 3

Posted November 10, 2009

Posted September 10, 2009
This will be my son's second year at this school and I can't wait to get him out of it. They are incrediably disorganized and spend exorbitant amounts of money on things that are not dire to a child's education. While expecting the parents to raise huge amounts of money, on top of what they pay in tuition. They spent thousands on a series of books that are not essential to furthur a child's education. I put my son in this school for him to get an education. It has after hours care which I really need, and it is close to home. Those were my main reasons for putting him in this school. It being religious was not a priority for me. I will be respectful of what they do, but I do not like them trying to tell me what I should be doing in my own home.

Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart
4106 42nd Street, San Diego, CA  92105
Last modified Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top