St. Charles Elementary School 1

Posted November 01, 2014
If you don't speak Spanish and you are not from MEXICO don't go to this school! My son was bullied to the point where we had to leave. We are from La Costa and my son was kicked out of almost every clique. This school is very very cliquey! He said he was made fun of because we drive Mercedes and lived in North County. At lunch he would sit by himself because he couldn't understand the Spanish. At the time he was in fifth grade, they were LEARNING ADDITION NOT REVIEWING IT! When he would go to the teachers for help with bullying, they would basically tell the antagonist to stop and that was it. NOTHING FURTHER WAS EVER DONE, NO MATTER HOW BAD THE BULLYING GOT; NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I WENT TO THE OFFICE AND TEACHERS TO COMPLAIN. The Vice-Prinicpal and the Principal lied to us by saying that there is no Spanish spoken on school grounds RULE. THE ONLY LANGUAGE SPOKEN ON SCHOOL GROUNDS, by students, IS SPANISH! This is a HORRIBLE SCHOOL! We moved schools to St. Pius X School in Chula Vista and it has been a great fit! I would give this school an A++! The students are kind, the teachers care and there is a zero tolerance bullying policy. Also, the teachers at St. Pius TELL THE TRUTH!

Posted August 08, 2014
My kids love their school!!, We as parents love our kids school. It's not just a school, its a complete package!! The Teachers, Administrative Staff, Parish Members, Students & Families are what make this a complete package. An abundance of morals, values, respect, academics, sports, community service, parent involvement & love walks on our campus everyday!!! I am a proud parent of SCCS, and I have 3 proud children to tell their friends they go to SCCS!!!!

Posted July 19, 2014
SCCS is a very diverse school community where students,parents,teachers from many different heritages and faiths come together as one loving and supportive family. SCCS reflects real world diversity. Respecting everyone as a unique and worthy individual who has something to contribute to their school and community is what makes SCCS work. We did not want to raise our children to judge or be judged and the diversity at SCCS has helped our children to not be afraid but to embrace children from different backgrounds than theirs. The Principal, Teachers, Librarian are all experienced professionals who go above and beyond to teach to every child. The teachers truly care about their students and take the time to get to know them. Our sons 1st grade teacher still takes the time to talk with our son in 7th grade. Across the board the teachers and principal come out on the weekends to cheer for their students at soccer, football, basketball and volleyball games. SCCS offers both Accelerated Math and Reading, smart boards in every class, state of the art technology center,library, music, sports program, extremely affordable before and after school care and a hot lunch program.

Posted March 27, 2014
We love St. Charles Catholic School . This is our first year here and my twins absolutely enjoy going to school!! This school provides a great education and educators that truly have a passion for teaching. I noticed since day one great parent involvement and a real sense of family community, I am looking forward to many more happy years at St Charles!!

Posted January 05, 2014
My Wife And I Enrolled Our Daughter At St. Charles In 2009 And Is Currently A Fifth Grade Student. The Office Staff Are Friendly And Helpful.The Teachers Really Care About The Students. Tutoring Is Provided For Students That Need Extra Help In Learning. I Have Not Heard Anything Negative About The Teachers. The Students Are Respectful. Zero Bullies At The School. There Are Many After School Activites For Students Such As Sports, Music And Dance. The Family Mass PTG General Meetings,School Fund Raisers Are Well Attended By Parents. Numerious Parents Participate And Volunteer At Halloween Carnival, Parish Bazzar Not Just Because Of Points, But Its Also Fun, Enjoyable, Fulfilling. The First Ever Talent Show Happened Last Year. It Was So Incredibly Entertaining And A Great Success, Now Its Become An Annual Talent Show. A Good Number Of The Students Parents Graduated From St. Charles. Parents Can Drop Off Their Kids At 6AM And Pick Them Up As Late As 6PM. My Daughter Really Enjoys Attending St. Charles Catholic School.

Posted August 09, 2013
St. Charles feels like home as soon as you step on campus! It is a welcoming and warm environment that makes everyone feel like part of the family. St. Charles really focuses on teaching the whole child while providing a safe environment for all students to be themselves and learn about their Catholic faith. They focus on providing a rigorous curriculum and meeting the needs of all the students. This is a wonderful school!!!

Posted August 05, 2013
Sometimes, as concerned parents we questions ourselves. I'm I doing the right thing for my kids? Will they benefit from this education? and so forth.....I can assure you that sending my three children to this school was, without a doubt, a great decision. The faculty, staff and overall school community were awesome and will always be remembered by my family.

Posted November 27, 2012
I've had three children graduate from St. Charles. All three still keep in touch with their SCCS friends as the bond they have will, I'm sure, last a lifetime. They have all taken different paths throughout high school and now even college, but the one thing they all have in common is the strong faith and academic foundation set by this school. It's amazing and we feel truly blessed to have been part of this school. I would highly recommend St. Charles to anyone who's priority is to send their children to a school that has a great academic curriculum and teachers that care about every single student.

Posted November 20, 2012
I am an alumnus of St. Charles Catholic School. I was lucky enough to attend kindergarten and stay until 8th grade graduation. When looking at schools for my children, none had a feeling of a second home and excellence in education. I knew that I was making a decision that would help mold my children into intelligent, confident and proud Catholics that I want them to be. We visited SCCS campus and I knew that this is where I wanted my kids to spend the next 9 years of their lives. It was the best decision that I have ever made in regards to their education, both academically and spiritually.

Posted October 01, 2012
I am proud to say I am a Spartan Alumnus. This is the second year I have sent my children to St. Charles and I we are blessed to be here. I have experienced both public and private schools and can honestly say there is a huge difference between the two. My concern with the public school system was the type of learning environment created and exposure to unfavorable influences. St. Charles is the answer to this problem. The staff create a warm and spiritual learning atmosphere. The teachers take a genuine interest in the success of each student. They welcome parent involvement and encourage participation with the school through many different fun events, which allows parents to get to know each other and the children time outside of school to play with their friends, while at the same time supporting the school. It is true that it is a sacrifice to pay tuition, but it is well worth the investment in your child's success.

St. Charles Elementary School
929 18th Street, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified St. Charles Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Charles Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top