Posted July 23, 2015
Awesome teachers! Students have beautiful playgrounds, awesome technology lab, smart boards in classes, after school care, superior learning environment and great school spirit!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2015
Our teachers are kind and truly care for our students well-being and success. They take workshops to keep their teaching methods current. They are AWESOME!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 23, 2015
The homework load always seemed to be appropriate for my children's age level. They had both short and long term assignments.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
Students are encouraged to help our community, and those that are less fortunate. They have helped our local children hospital, orphanages and collect items for those in need.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
Our students and teachers review and apply our Student Learning Expectations to their everyday experiences at school. These include being honest, compassionate, responsible, faith-centered and merciful individuals among others.

Posted January 08, 2015
The education and spiritual learning they receive at this school is great. I am a proud parent of three children. Two of my kids attended this school from Kindergarten to 8th Grade and have since graduated from St. Charles. They are great students who were well prepared for the challenges of high school because of this school and its teachers. The teachers gave them the tools to excel and become leaders, but at the same time, caring individuals. My youngest daughter is in 1st Grade at St. Charles, and I wouldn t have it any other way. I can have peace of mind while at work knowing she is safe at St. Charles and receiving great values and a great education. Also, the administration and the teachers at St. Charles really care about all the students, and through the years, we all become family. I personally believe a catholic upbringing is very important and this school assists me in building that foundation for my children. I highly recommend St. Charles Catholic School.

Posted January 07, 2015
I am a proud parent of two children at St.Charles. Our experience has been wonderful since day one. I'm proud to say, both my children have been at St. Charles since Kindergarten. My oldest is in 7th grade and youngest is in 3rd grade. St. Charles Catholic School supports, listens, and communicates with the parents and students. St. Charles Catholic school has been a strong foundation for my children and I am proud to say, I feel the school is an extension of my family.

Posted January 02, 2015
My three children attended This school. We drove a 40 minute commute everyday being that we lived North-east of the school. It was worth every minute! They were taught to be respectful, compassionate and great learners. Bullying was never an issue. This school is so proactive that not only do they remind students of the importance of respect towards each other , they actually have a group of students attend workshops at the well known and highly-regarded a University of San Diego where the learn the importance of this subject and then come back to St. Charles and share the knowledge with there peers. It's awesome!!! Although Piano and band are offered on campus, my three decided to play sports. This program was also outstanding!! The academic program is, without a doubt, top quality and the teachers are top notch! The office staff is always welcoming and makes you feel like family. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants their children taught in a safe, caring environment where alumni have had such a great experience that they are often back to volunteer and some have even returned after college to teach.

Posted December 16, 2014
My Daughter is a 4th grader at St. Charles and has been there since kindergarten and she absolutely loves her school. She has been is encouraged to achieve a high academic standard, to be a compassionate and caring individual, to remember the tenets of her Catholic faith and love and be kind to others. What is great about St. Charles is that because we are a community and as members of that community we take the welfare of every child very seriously. I wouldn't think of sender her anywhere else.

St. Charles Elementary School 1

Posted November 01, 2014
If you don't speak Spanish and you are not from MEXICO don't go to this school! My son was bullied to the point where we had to leave. We are from La Costa and my son was kicked out of almost every clique. This school is very very cliquey! He said he was made fun of because we drive Mercedes and lived in North County. At lunch he would sit by himself because he couldn't understand the Spanish. At the time he was in fifth grade, they were LEARNING ADDITION NOT REVIEWING IT! When he would go to the teachers for help with bullying, they would basically tell the antagonist to stop and that was it. NOTHING FURTHER WAS EVER DONE, NO MATTER HOW BAD THE BULLYING GOT; NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I WENT TO THE OFFICE AND TEACHERS TO COMPLAIN. The Vice-Prinicpal and the Principal lied to us by saying that there is no Spanish spoken on school grounds RULE. THE ONLY LANGUAGE SPOKEN ON SCHOOL GROUNDS, by students, IS SPANISH! This is a HORRIBLE SCHOOL! We moved schools to St. Pius X School in Chula Vista and it has been a great fit! I would give this school an A++! The students are kind, the teachers care and there is a zero tolerance bullying policy. Also, the teachers at St. Pius TELL THE TRUTH!
2 people found this helpful

929 18th Street, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified St. Charles Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Charles Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top