K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Posted January 21, 2016
This school is wonderful!! I was drawn to the school because of the community and have been presently surprised about much our whole family has grown in faith! My son thrives here and my daughter is having a great time with Mrs Nowland (best kindergarten teacher out there)!

Posted October 20, 2015
My son is in his third year at BSPS. It has been nothing but a great experience! The teachers are super caring and knowledgable. The parents are really involved. The class sizes are small so the kids get a lot of attention. My son has thrived at this school. The new principle is amazing and has really turned the school around financially. She strives to make the kids independent thinkers and leaders! This is a great school if you are looking to combine good academics with a spritual eductation . The families and staff really care about the children and it shows in the happy kids that attend this school.

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2015
This place is a disaster. My entire family has gone to this school and we have all had a quality education, but it changed administration, and everything, last year. The preschool has zero consistency. You never know with who you are going to be dropping off your little one. They have MAYBE two consistent employees. They use substitutes constantly. When I picked her up, she was in her change of clothes. She said she peed on herself because she didn't want to talk to the stranger. How are they supposed to even remember my daughter's name? Your financial information is not secure! I was in the office, and another mom was standing talking to the receptionist about my child, and about how much we pay in tuition, saying that some people pay with a "wink and a nudge." She didn't know the student she was talking about was mine. I got financial aid. I am sickened, SICKENED that someone knew how much I paid. If I had to guess, it was the preschool director who divulged that information to that woman, but no matter who did it, it was so unethical, and just plain wrong. That's just preschool. The K-8 portion of the school is not as bad, but that's not saying much. I know that at least one upper class student left due to bullying. They changed almost all of their teachers from experienced professionals to all first-year teachers. You can tell that they are hurting for money, so much so that they have one person working their after school program. Every time I've seen the program there are at least fifteen kids, and one supervisor. I don't know if that's even legal, but it's definitely not safe. If this person had to go to the bathroom, what happens? They either don't, which is not okay, or leave the kids, some five years old, alone, which is not okay. There is a community for sure, but it's a "you can't sit with us" kind of community. Unless you're already a part of it, don't expect to be included.

Posted January 23, 2015
My daughter has thrived this year in kindergarten with Irene Nowland, an energetic and dedicated teacher with decades of experience. This is a school with a strong parent community, diversity, affordable and rigorous education, small class sizes, and a committed and caring staff. We love BSPS!

Posted September 24, 2014
Wonderful school full of loving teachers and staff. They get to know you and your family, and basically the school community becomes an extended family. Academics is better and more advanced than most public schools. My child loves it in this school, and we sacrifice the long commute for him to attend.

Posted February 12, 2014
We have 3 children ages 6, 8 and 10 that have attended Blessed Sacrament Parish school since they all were 4 years old. The staff here are very helpful and are caring of our children and it gives us a feeling of a second home here. We know that our children are safe at Blessed Sacrament and love the feeling of the community closeness that we get from the staff and the parents.

Posted January 28, 2014
My children ages 2, 9 and 13 attend Blessed Sacrament Parish School in the College Area of San Diego. My son who is 13 and in 8th grade started in the BSPS preschool when he was 2. The school offers outstanding educational and Catholic experiences for our children who are growing up to be smart, ethical and well rounded individuals. The dedication of the teachers and staff to the children they teach is incomparable. The devotion of other parents is outstanding, as well as it's a very family oriented environment with everyone looking out for each other. BSPS has become an integral part of our lives and we give the teachers there much credit for shaping and developing our children. They are excelling academically and are learning the skills and the moral grounding they need to make good, and safe, decisions in their future. The godparents to our 2 year old are parents we met during our time at BSPS that have become a part of our family - for this we are forever grateful. Everyday when we send our children off to school we feel they are safe and are being given an excellent education that will give them the skills, and the faith foundation, to succeed in their futures.

Posted January 27, 2014
I'm very happy with the teachers at Blessed Sacrament. They have helped both of my children in many ways and have not only educated them but also taught them "how" to learn. Very lucky to have a staff that would take the time on a individual bases to help the kids. I would absolutely recommend this school to family and friends.

Posted January 27, 2014
This is a wonderful school working hard to improve the lives of the students, families, and community. I had three children graduate from this school and they all did wonderfully in high school. This school prepared them for the challenges; academic, social, and spiritually. With a new principle coming in next year, I am looking forward to great things happening!

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2014
This is a school that has a very diverse student population. Excellent class sizes and experienced, caring loving teachers. The kindergarten teacher is an amazing educator. There is a full computer lab with many educational programs for students to work on at school and from home. Annual school events include the Big Ten dinner dance and the Fall Festival which are outstanding parent run functions. Student athletic teams consist of soccer for the younger grades and flag football, basketball and volleyball for middle school. There is a cheer team available to all grade levels to participate in. Pre and post school program is available as well as professional after school opportunities such as jump rope, art ,language, aerobics, martial arts.

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School
4551 56th Street, San Diego, CA  92115
Last modified Blessed Sacrament Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8