K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Holy Family Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2016
Moving schools because of various reasons after spending three years here. The current school priest is unsupportive, uncommunicative and from a distance appears to be mismanaging the finances. I've gone through two principles and the current one is leaving again. The curriculum is over 10 years old and there is no computer lab or advancement in technology as compared to PUBLIC schools which is sad because tuition is the same as other Catholic Schools. Look at other Catholic Schools and save your time and money with this one.

Holy Family Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2011
This Catholic school is very irresponsible. They allow things to go on and the parent is the last one to know in Progress Report Day or Report Card Day such as missed homework, assignments, low test scores and others ... It is too late for students to correct their problems. The good teachers quitted or school did not sign other contracts with them in the last summer. You should shop around many Catholic schools and decide which the best Catholic school is for your children.

Posted October 04, 2011
I love this school! When I first came here I was so scared that I was going to be an outcast because at my old school I was bullied but at Holy Family I was welcomed with open arms! What surprised me the most was that my classmates didn't travel in clusters. I love the sports teams here because you don't have to be amazing at the sport to try out for the team. If you mess up you don't get scowled at because we are all just there to learn and have fun with it. If you are struggling with subjects you can get after-school help. Teachers are super nice. The whole school is like a big family of diverse people. I highly recommend HFS to anyone!

Posted September 12, 2009
HFS has been our home for the last four years. I am very pleased with the education my child has received. His growth both academically and spiritually is attributed to the passionate and caring teachers, staff and parents that work together to build a learning community in which our children thrive.

Posted September 11, 2009
I am so pleased with Holy Family School. The small class sizes are great. I feel very comfortable and confident with the teachers and staff. My children love the school and it's multicultural community.

Posted September 10, 2009
The new teachers and music department are inspiring for all ages. This school has a warm community spirit and the small class sizes allow for a one of a kind educational experience. The children truly have the joy of learning and growth of the spirit while attending our school. Parents, teachers, and community members all work together to make the annual bizarre come together. This effort results in lower tuition for everyone and a quality education.

Posted September 10, 2009
My children are entering their 3rd year at HFS and I'm very pleased with the education that they have received. The teachers and other staff are very supportive and receptive to feedback. There are a lot of opportunities for learning and I appreciate that the faculty members are very passionate about teaching. My children also love the school, so much that they are willing to brave an earlier and longer morning commute when we moved 30 miles north of the school! HFS is very committed to its students, as well as the local community!

Posted September 10, 2009
We are reaching our 4th year with Holy Family and I am very pleased with how my children are developing. The teachers are dedicated and it also has a very active parish pastor that is also very dedicated. I would recommend this school to any of my friends or family.

Posted September 07, 2009
I am very pleased with the quality education my children receive at Holy Family School. It is a wonderful school with a very dedicated staff. I feel that my children are learning the important skills they need both academically and spiritually. It is in a very central location--very convenient for parents who are commuting to work near the downtown area. It seems that this wonderful little school would serve the needs of many local and commuting families!

Posted August 04, 2008
I am now entering my fourth year at HFS and can proudly say all four of my kids will be attending the 'big' school as they call it (K-8). With so many choices out there for parents in central San Diego, HFS is at the center of the map! The campus is welcoming, inclusive and the multicultural community offers students a chance to learn and grow in a faith-filled atmosphere. Both my husband and I have educational backgrounds and gladly provide the private school education offered at HFS. It's piece of mind and so much more with the advanced Math, Science Lab, Computer Lab, dedicated P.E. and Music teachers and the rigorous academic focus. Aside from the academics, my kids look forward to sharing their strengths (like reading, etc.) with the younger grades. This fosters the sense of community that is the spirit of HFS.

1945 Coolidge Street, San Diego, CA  92111
Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8