Posted June 19, 2014
The community is what makes this school so special! I went to school here, and now my 3 boys attend the school. There are many of my kids classmates, who's parents also attended SCBA. This close knit community creates a caring environment for your children to grow academically and socially. One of my favorite things about the school is the interaction between the older grades and the younger grades, the "buddies". It inspires the older students to be responsible role models and creates a connection that lasts for years beyond their early days in elementary school. Academically, the school is challenging, and the school is doing a great job trying to balance pushing the kids forward and still letting them be kids.

Posted June 10, 2014
Our son is a 1st grader at this school - we could not be more pleased. The bond between the students is amazing. The teachers are outstanding and care about the kids as if they were their own. There is a reason that generations of families continue to send their children to this school. Great academics, very good athletic programs and more programs in the arts being added every year. This is very refreshing while other schools are unfortunately losing programs. We selected the right school when we picked St. Charles for our child to go to. His positive experience here will set the pace for the rest of his academic career. We couldn't be happier!

Saint Charles Borromeo Academy 1

Posted April 14, 2014
Point Loma neighbor I am in the wait list for 2 months my children have been test and interview for the school and iam doing all the paper work like 10 pages for one hous and I am can finish all the questions too many that school so hard they choose the students then don't want kids like develope delay , like ADD ...when I am talk to another family for the school I am start doing more application in different Catolic school more flexible to my children's iam very disappoint for the school .

Posted April 09, 2013
Would recommend this school for its teacher and parent involvement. Kids are well mannered and have good study habits. Both staff and leadership have be tremedously upgraded.

Posted February 04, 2013
My child has been attending since September (kindergarten). She's immediately made great connections with many of her schoolmates and is on the soccer team. The school is very close knit and has a very concerned and active parents. My child's always eager to go to school. As parents, we love the intimate and caring environment of the school. As for the "the most recent principal"--he is one of the MOST involved principals I've ever witnessed either public or private. He's even at movie night sponsored by the pastor. He's at sports games cheering on students, he's always in the trenches, speaks with students, directing traffic in the morning, etc. His active participation is greatly appreciated. He serves as good model for children to see. Our daughter's been to other Catholic school's in the area and by far, this principal is very engaged. There's one Catholic school just 2 blocks from our home but we settled on St. Charles because of size and atmosphere--it's well worth the extra 3.5 miles. Parents also pray a communal rosary once a week with students as well along with students prayer intentions. So far, we're very happy!

Posted January 21, 2012
SCBA is an excellent school with outstanding academics! It is a faith-based school that provides students with a great education. My daughter is doing work in some of her courses that I didn't learn until high school. She will be well prepared for high school when the time comes. St. Charles also has a very supportive family/community relationship. We are grateful to have such a wonderful school in our community.

Posted May 12, 2011
This school is an excellent learning environment for our children, Overall the quality of the teaching staff is consistent, caring and innovative. This is not our first Catholic School, but it is by far the most loving and spiritual one that we have attended. Our school community is like a family, and in response to that parent that the children are ruled by fear, that is not true because our children are most certainly not ruled by fear, on the contrary it is a very positive and loving environment. The math program has been updated and we have a spanish program.

Saint Charles Borromeo Academy 1

Posted March 23, 2009
I was a very involved parent at this school and had two children attend. The quality of teachers is inconsistent, the most recent principal was a disaster with a focus on dress code and the 'core knowledge' focus was implemented for only a few years. I have both children in public school and it was a giant upgrade in their education and available resources.

Posted June 06, 2008
As a grandparent watching my second generation go through Saint Charles Borromeo Academy I am most impressed. The staff is well qualified and very dedicated. The atmosphere is Christian, loving and family. The students are happy and excited about learning.

Posted April 02, 2008
People say that this school isn't very good, and I used to agree with them. But now I really like it. Everyone is doing a great job!

Saint Charles Borromeo Academy
2808 Cadiz Street, San Diego, CA  92110
Last modified Saint Charles Borromeo Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Saint Charles Borromeo Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top