No rating

St. Therese Academy

Private | K-8 | 286 students

Living in San Diego

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $336,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,650.

Posted August 8, 2013

St. Therese is an amazing school. The principal, Mr. Sperrazo is absolutely awesome! The Pre-K Director, Mrs. Paddock is incredible, as well as her team of teachers! I have two kids that attend STA and couldn't imagine them being anywhere else. The eduation is top notch!!!!

Posted January 10, 2013

After having our children in several schools we finally found St. Therese Academy. It is worth the drive! We believe it is the outstanding leadership of the Principal who has chosen some awesome teachers. We feel very blessed---thank you to all of the phenomenal teachers and Mr Sperrazzo the principal for this excellent school! Parent of two graduates.

Posted August 9, 2012

It has really gone down hill. More than half the teachers have been replaced for the coming year. When we inquired about the direction the school was heading, we were told that it was "none of our business"! Needless to say, we have NO intention of paying that much money for tuition and NOT know what's going on! There are much better schools out there.

Posted December 6, 2011

I hate this school! my child went here since pre-school and left in 5th grade. I think this school doesn't challenge their students enough! My child was bullied every single day and was so upset that we were about to leave during MAY but we left as soon as possible! There is nobody at this school preventing bulling! I would not enroll my child here if i were you because the horror at this school is out of control and your child would me so upset!

Posted November 14, 2011

We love this school! My son has a unique educational background so I was worried about him keeping up with a challenging academic pace. He isn't just keeping up, he's really getting into it. My favorite part is the staff. I haven't met one person who works at St. Therese who doesn't seem genuinely happy to be there. The care for the kids is sincere and enthusiastic. I am so happy with my decision!

Posted October 12, 2010

St. Therese Academy has the most amazing faculty and staff. We had two older kids who graduated from STA and had our youngest is now in kindegarten. Mrs. Swesey was one of the main reasons we sent our youngest to STA. She has a way of tapping into a childs desire to learn. It didn't take long for our youngest to come home and talk about what he was learning in school. The excitment he showed was thrilling as a parent. Sr. Janet, Ms. Zora and Ms. Fitzpatrick are the other teachers we hope our son will be able to work with as he ventures into the older grades. As an added bonus, the pre school run by Barbara Paddock was fantastic. A well run pre school with the perfect structure of academics, creativity, play time and religion. The factuly demonstrates dedication, love and passion for what they do. We are thrilled to have many of the same teachers at STA now as we had 13 years ago. The principal is amazing. Regardless of the stress of the job you can hear his laughter throughout the school. Yet if you watch Mr. Sparazzo carefully, you will see he handles every detail of his job with the utmost concern. His dedication to the school and the benefit of each child is demonstrated in his actions each and every day.

Posted April 1, 2010

The school has been great for my son, the investment is well worth it. They offer a value centered education that has Jesus Christ in a very high place. My son is able to tell right from wrong and is held accountable for his actions. I am very happy with the choice and would not take him anywhere else.

Posted September 16, 2009

It is the Premier Catholic School in San Diego!!

Posted June 23, 2009

I am so pleased that we decided to go with St. Therese Academy. We were very lucky and had 3 very good (10) elementary schools in our area, one of which our daughter was all set to go to. But the community spirit at St. Therese is wonderful. Strong academics and strong faith based teaching make this a very special place. Their Kindergarten teacher is absolutely the greatest ever!

Posted February 18, 2009

I have two children who attend school at STA. It has provided them with a Catholic environment in which to learn. They have excelled in all areas. The school continues to provide aides in classrooms, dedicated art, music, PE, computer and resource teachers. They also offer sports, academic decathlon, and many service opportunities. Social, academic and spiritual growth are primary with all of our excellent teachers and staff.

Posted June 28, 2008

My children have been at this school for 3 yrs. I am very pleased with the calibre of education and the positive social atmosphere of the school.

Posted March 7, 2008

The faculty at St. Therese are wonderful and very personable. My child is doing wonderful socially, spiritually, and academically.

Posted February 21, 2008

This is a small school with great teachers, what I don t like is the racism you can feel in the school.

Posted January 18, 2008

This school has been very good for my child. The principal is a very positive person, the staff is wonderful, the programs have been challenging and the extracurricular offerings are excellent.

Posted August 23, 2007

This school has been a wonderful experience for me and my children. The principal is terrific and the staff is top notch. The children thrive. I am pleased with the structure and academic coverage of the school.

Posted August 23, 2007

I am tremendously pleased with this school on all levels.

Posted July 5, 2007

The parents of children that attend the school, are not very welcoming to new students or parents. When I first started my son at this school, everything appeared excellent. As the years progressed, it seemed the focus was more on fund raising, field trips and the social circle. My son has fell into this idealism and has lost his focus, which is, his education.

Posted February 11, 2007

Overall, St. Therese is a good school. The biggest negative is that the ratio of teachers to students is skewed. It's too much; hence, a lot of time is wasted with lining up, disciplining, organizing, etc. I also truly dislike the nickel and diming with all the 'fundraising' activities. Some of the fundraisers are truly exhorbitant!! You end up paying far, far more than just the monthly tuition in order for your child and family to be/feel included. Bottom line - sadly: If you've got the money, definitely a good school!

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Fr. Bruce Orsborn
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Diego

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6046 Camino Rico