Posted March 06, 2014
School of the Madeleine is great. Parents are involved and education level is high, It is very structure and religious oriented what is a plus in my view.

Posted September 18, 2013
My daughter went here for 6th grade and part of 7th, unfortunately we ended moving to the east coast before she could finish. The school is wonderful! After moving to the east coast, I constantly compare this school to the rest, they never come close. This is why; my daughter came in at 6th grade from a public school, the teachers were always willing to help her with the transition with coming into a catholic school. A lot of kids start in preschool/kindergarten, so when someone comes in at the age it can be difficult. It really never was for her, she always felt welcome. The principal, the vice principal and the teachers are all wonderful!

Posted February 02, 2013
I have two children at the School of the Madeleine. They both entered the program at kindergarten. In the early years the school lays down a very solid foundation in all of the core subjects. Religion, math, English, reading, science and social studies. As they get older, new interrelated concepts are added at each grade level. It is wonderful to see our children grow in their academic journey at the same time they are developing a close relationship with God and in depth understanding of the Catholic church. The school community of parents and teachers are truly wonderful.

Posted November 16, 2012
Madeleine teachers are dedicated, caring, and always go above and beyond to help their students. Our principals are amazing. They work hard to make our school the best it can be. Madeline students are respectful, smart and happy!

Posted October 25, 2012
This school has been a blessing to our family for the past 8 years. Our eldest just graduated and was academically well prepared for the rigors of a private high school. We love Madeleine's value-based curriculum, community support, and family atmosphere which enhance its strong academics and enrichment programs. The dedicated teachers truly care about the success of their students (ALL are credentialed and over half possess master's degrees!), the staff is committed and caring, and the open-door access to the principal and vice-principal is notable (they know every child by name). There is a true partnership between parents and the school. I feel confident my children's education, as well as their social and spiritual development, is being thoughtfully considered each day. My children have developed invaluable time management skills, and love participating in a variety of school activities and after-school sports programs. We endure a long daily commute because we know the benefits of School of the Madeleine!

Posted October 25, 2012
Unlike the parent that posted on Feb. 12, our family has had the opposite experience with respect to professionalism and communication with the faculty and the administration. We've had two children graduate from Madeleine and still have one attending the school. Over the many years that we have been part of this school community, we found the teachers to be well qualified. All of the classroom teachers have a teaching credential and more than half of them have a Master s Degree. We also have had no problem with accessibility or communication with any of the teachers, much less, with the administration. Both the principal and the vice-principal maintain an open door policy and are very visible and accessible during the school day, as well as before and after school. We can honestly attest to the quality education that our kids have received at this school. Our two oldest kids were well prepared for high school (each attended different Catholic Highs Schools) and now college! Sending our kids to Madeleine was the best money we ever spent.

School Of The Madeleine 1

Posted February 12, 2012
I completely agree with the review on May 22. Both of my children have gone to a well known amazing, prestigious catholic school out of state and was recommended this one...an absolute disgrace. I am in awe over the lack of professionalism and communication of the faculty. My two children are in the elementary school. I now know why teachers can be unlicensed and work in private education..

Posted August 13, 2011
We brought children here from a SD district school. They were challenged for the first 3 months to catch up and learn how to learn. There was 1 on 1 tutoring provided without us asking for it. After the adjustment, they are thriving and learning at an amazing pace. They actually still have athletic programs. Poor teachers are let go very year. The classrooms are quiet, clean and the kids learn manners. And no, there are no rulers or mean nuns.

Posted August 07, 2011
We have been very happy at School of the Madeleine. I could not ask for a better community of families and peers for my daughter to grow up with. I feel that the administration is very open to feedback and makes appropriate changes if necessary. The curriculum is challenging but that is one reason why I want her in private school. It's an outstanding school!

Posted July 12, 2011
This is a wonderful school wih strong academics, excellent teachers, and a great community. Classroom disruption is not tolerated so the teachers can focus on education instead of the class clown. The students are expected to use proper manners and to respect one another. The uniform requirement makes the morning routine a little more pleasant too!

School Of The Madeleine
1875 Illion Street, San Diego, CA  92110
Last modified School Of The Madeleine is a Private school that serves grades K-8
School Of The Madeleine Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top