Posted July 30, 2015
My two children have attended the St. Paul's preschool for a year now - and its just a wonderful place!! Caring, well-trained staff, nice-sized classrooms with loads of activities/toys that they rotate, and a good structured schedule. Preschool is play-based with rotating themes every week or two - space, dinosaurs, bugs, pirates, etc. My kids started at 2 1/2 and have learned a ton! The child to teacher/assistant ratio isn't the lowest I found when I was looking to place my kids, but the teachers are all very competent, the children are well supervised and attended to. Mrs. Johnson was our teacher and she was just fantastic with the little ones. I wish I could emulate her calm and patience :) Her art activities and in-class cardboard play structures (submarine, castle, pirate ship, rocket ship - just to name a few) are just amazing and the kids love to play in them. This is a Lutheran school and they teach bible stories and Christian values. I'm from a Christian background but agnostic - I've found the school provides an excellent balance of exposing the kids to the Christian faith without 'overdoing' it. Lastly - I've been very impressed with the behavior of the older kids at the school - generally very polite, helpful, and considerate. I think it speaks well for the overall school environment. Overall we've been very happy here and we highly recommend this school!

Posted April 06, 2015
Wonderful school! A real gem in Pacific Beach. There is a great staff and family feel. Great academics, you want your kids to go here!

Posted September 20, 2013
If you are looking for an accredited, caring, personal, and enriching education for your child, this is it! The Christian focus fosters loved, confidant, and well-mannered students who respect their teachers. The music training and art programs during school hours, and the sports and drama after school, produce well-rounded graduates who thrive in high school academically and socially.

Posted September 18, 2013
WE LOVE ST PAUL'S LUTHERAN SCHOOL!! We love the family environment and the small class size (limit 22 students per class). The school has been teaching to the common core standards for several years now and the students are meeting and exceeding those standards. The school has a preschool and Junior Kindergarten and classes from Kindergarten up to 8th grade. Our favorite part about the school is the interaction across the grades with weekly chapel and how the values align up with the values we are teaching our children at home. The teachers take a genuine interest in each child and go above and beyond to help that child learn and grow. It really is the best kept secret in Pacific Beach!

Posted June 22, 2011
St. Paul's is a gem in San Diego!! So far the staff has been caring and very responsive to my children. The school will continue to be blessed because they truly go all out for the children!! It is so much better than public schools where values, principles and morals are rapidly disappearing.

Posted April 14, 2011
All three of my children attend St. Paul's (PS, K, 2) and I can't imagine my children any where else. My children leave my house in the morning and simply join their St. Paul's family for the school day. St. Paul's is our family - through after school programs and in-school parent participation. Not to mention the top notch education. The mission and vision of the principal and teachers lives each moment in the classroom. Jesus is the center of every action from teaching in the classroom to activity on the playground. I have no doubt my children are better people for attending St. Paul's. The best elementary-middle education in San Diego!

Posted February 01, 2011
As a St. Paul's Lutheran School alumni, I look back at my years in school there and think of such wonderful times. Growing up in a small Christian school was just what I needed for a strong foundation. The academics, morals/values, and love for Jesus, I was taught has carried me through. It prepared me to take the right path. I loved the attention from small classes, sports programs, music, plays, camps & field trips, and the friends I made there. As a matter of fact, my closest friends today are my friends from St. Paul's from so many years ago. We grew up together through good times and bad as a big family. I only hope that one day my own kids can experience this like I did. There is definitely something said about going to a small Christian private school.

Posted January 28, 2011
St. Paul's is truly an amazing school. All the staff from the Principal to the teachers to the administration are wonderful. There is an open door policy and parents are not only welcome but encouraged to be present in the school and its functions. My children have been there since pre-school and we have had nothing but an excellent experience. The pre-school teachers are so experienced and knowledgeable. My children have received a top notch education and are excelling academically. We have a military presence at our school and the entire staff is comfortable with deployment issues. The St. Paul's community has become a second family to ours.

Posted December 15, 2010
Our two daughters have attended St. Paul's since Kindergarten and they are now in grades 4 and 6. I've always loved the school. But, through the years as I've heard more and more experiences from parents of children at other schools, I truly realize what a gem St. Paul's is. I know that my kids will look back at their early years with found memories of St. Paul's.

Posted December 13, 2010
St. Paul's was and is a great place to grow up. During a very formative period of my life, the staff served as spiritual mentors who helped my parents raise me. Their influence was critical to my growth and as a young man. To this day I still have tremendous respect and love for each of them.

St. Paul's Lutheran School and Preschool of Pacific Beach
1376 Felspar Street, San Diego, CA  92109
Last modified St. Paul's Lutheran School and Preschool of Pacific Beach is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Paul's Lutheran School and Preschool of Pacific Beach Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top