PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

St Paul's is a wonderful school that supports both their students and their families. Every child has their own academic challenges and needs and the wonderful teachers are able to help, nurture and accommodate all types of students. Our children love going to school, they love going to the after school care program, you have to drag them home from school as they want to stay and play with their friends and hang out with their teachers. Their academics are challenging but they are given every tool they need to succeed. The children are given a complete support system, academically, mentally, physically and spiritually. Throughout the week the students get physical education and choir. There are many extracurricular after school programs that include Christian Youth Theatre, Mad Science, sports teams, chess club, choir etc. It’s a wonderful feeling when your child wakes up in the morning and begs you to go to school. Many feel that they cannot afford a good private school, or that they can have the same experience at a good public school, but with the current public school class sizes and government regulation there is no way to compare a public school to St Paul’s Lutheran. There is an early drop off care from 7-8am and wonderful after school care from 3-6pm. There is only 1 half day per month on the first Friday of the month and the school day goes from 8:15am-3pm, which is wonderful for working parents. St Paul’s gives our children many things and many opportunities but the most important is they teach them how to be a good people, how to have strong values, a sense of self and respect for others as well as themselves

We have been a "St. Paul's Family" for the past eight years, when we first enrolled our daughter in pre-school. I could not be happier with the decision to send our children to St. Paul's. This school truly has a "family feel" to it besides an excellent education. Every teacher knows the names of every student from pre-school up to 8th grade! I feel like my children are so safe and well cared for. The parents are very involved and down to earth. Because the class sizes are so small every child gets individual attention and are allowed to excel at every level. The Christian focus is a huge plus in that the teachers are committed to educating children academically and morally. Negative behavior is not tolerated but handled in a lovingly redirected manner. Even though we are not Lutheran (we are Catholic), we have been very comfortable with the Lutheran/Christian education. I know several families that do not attend church regularly and they are very happy as well with the overall values of the school. I would highly recommend this school to any family looking for a high quality education!

Our family loves St. Paul's! The quality and the integrity of the education are impeccable at St. Paul’s. The love and guidance from the teachers are genuine. My child is happy and thriving and as a parent that is gratifying to see. To watch his excitement for learning grow as he strengthens his reading skills is amazing. I attribute his educational foundation to the solid early learning teachers at St. Paul’s: Mrs. Morgan (K) and Mrs. Cook (1st). They are amazing! And the smaller class size which allows for personal attention to each student. In fact, this personal attention begins before the student even enters the class -- each summer before the school year begins, the teacher of the incoming grade begins the partnership between student, family and school by travelling to meet their new students and family at their home. The personal touch of these meetings demonstrates how much the teachers truly care for their students and families. The environment on campus amongst the students is respectful, helpful and energetic. Each year 7th and 8th grade students are paired with the younger students creating “buddies” – encouraging mentoring and support amongst the different ages. The enrichment programs at St. Paul’s are outstanding, music, choir, piano, chess, Robotic Legos, Spanish, Basketball, and Volleyball. Additionally, public speaking is encouraged and fostered as early as Kindergarten in chapel. And at the end of each year, students are encouraged to perform a musical piece in the “Celebration of the Arts” a campus sponsored tribute to music. Simply stated -- ST. PAUL’S IS AWESOME!!

This school is Christ-centered and families are happy to be in a school where they feel like they are a part of a family. The staff knows each child and builds a personal relationship with them. They offer sports for boys and girls and music. There's Spanish, a journalism class and robotics. Older and younger children get time to mix and mentor. take a look and see who we are!

My two children have attended the St. Paul's preschool for a year now - and its just a wonderful place!! Caring, well-trained staff, nice-sized classrooms with loads of activities/toys that they rotate, and a good structured schedule. Preschool is play-based with rotating themes every week or two - space, dinosaurs, bugs, pirates, etc. My kids started at 2 1/2 and have learned a ton! The child to teacher/assistant ratio isn't the lowest I found when I was looking to place my kids, but the teachers are all very competent, the children are well supervised and attended to. Mrs. Johnson was our teacher and she was just fantastic with the little ones. I wish I could emulate her calm and patience :) Her art activities and in-class cardboard play structures (submarine, castle, pirate ship, rocket ship - just to name a few) are just amazing and the kids love to play in them. This is a Lutheran school and they teach bible stories and Christian values. I'm from a Christian background but agnostic - I've found the school provides an excellent balance of exposing the kids to the Christian faith without 'overdoing' it. Lastly - I've been very impressed with the behavior of the older kids at the school - generally very polite, helpful, and considerate. I think it speaks well for the overall school environment. Overall we've been very happy here and we highly recommend this school!

Wonderful school! A real gem in Pacific Beach. There is a great staff and family feel. Great academics, you want your kids to go here!

If you are looking for an accredited, caring, personal, and enriching education for your child, this is it! The Christian focus fosters loved, confidant, and well-mannered students who respect their teachers. The music training and art programs during school hours, and the sports and drama after school, produce well-rounded graduates who thrive in high school academically and socially.

WE LOVE ST PAUL'S LUTHERAN SCHOOL!! We love the family environment and the small class size (limit 22 students per class). The school has been teaching to the common core standards for several years now and the students are meeting and exceeding those standards. The school has a preschool and Junior Kindergarten and classes from Kindergarten up to 8th grade. Our favorite part about the school is the interaction across the grades with weekly chapel and how the values align up with the values we are teaching our children at home. The teachers take a genuine interest in each child and go above and beyond to help that child learn and grow. It really is the best kept secret in Pacific Beach!

St. Paul's is a gem in San Diego!! So far the staff has been caring and very responsive to my children. The school will continue to be blessed because they truly go all out for the children!! It is so much better than public schools where values, principles and morals are rapidly disappearing.

All three of my children attend St. Paul's (PS, K, 2) and I can't imagine my children any where else. My children leave my house in the morning and simply join their St. Paul's family for the school day. St. Paul's is our family - through after school programs and in-school parent participation. Not to mention the top notch education. The mission and vision of the principal and teachers lives each moment in the classroom. Jesus is the center of every action from teaching in the classroom to activity on the playground. I have no doubt my children are better people for attending St. Paul's. The best elementary-middle education in San Diego!

Last modified St. Paul's Lutheran School and Preschool of Pacific Beach is a Private school that serves grades PK-8