No rating

St. Paul's Lutheran

Private | K-8 | 135 students

Living in San Diego

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $479,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted September 20, 2013

If you are looking for an accredited, caring, personal, and enriching education for your child, this is it! The Christian focus fosters loved, confidant, and well-mannered students who respect their teachers. The music training and art programs during school hours, and the sports and drama after school, produce well-rounded graduates who thrive in high school academically and socially.

Posted September 18, 2013

WE LOVE ST PAUL'S LUTHERAN SCHOOL!! We love the family environment and the small class size (limit 22 students per class). The school has been teaching to the common core standards for several years now and the students are meeting and exceeding those standards. The school has a preschool and Junior Kindergarten and classes from Kindergarten up to 8th grade. Our favorite part about the school is the interaction across the grades with weekly chapel and how the values align up with the values we are teaching our children at home. The teachers take a genuine interest in each child and go above and beyond to help that child learn and grow. It really is the best kept secret in Pacific Beach!

Posted June 22, 2011

St. Paul's is a gem in San Diego!! So far the staff has been caring and very responsive to my children. The school will continue to be blessed because they truly go all out for the children!! It is so much better than public schools where values, principles and morals are rapidly disappearing.

Posted April 14, 2011

All three of my children attend St. Paul's (PS, K, 2) and I can't imagine my children any where else. My children leave my house in the morning and simply join their St. Paul's family for the school day. St. Paul's is our family - through after school programs and in-school parent participation. Not to mention the top notch education. The mission and vision of the principal and teachers lives each moment in the classroom. Jesus is the center of every action from teaching in the classroom to activity on the playground. I have no doubt my children are better people for attending St. Paul's. The best elementary-middle education in San Diego!

Posted February 1, 2011

As a St. Paul's Lutheran School alumni, I look back at my years in school there and think of such wonderful times. Growing up in a small Christian school was just what I needed for a strong foundation. The academics, morals/values, and love for Jesus, I was taught has carried me through. It prepared me to take the right path. I loved the attention from small classes, sports programs, music, plays, camps & field trips, and the friends I made there. As a matter of fact, my closest friends today are my friends from St. Paul's from so many years ago. We grew up together through good times and bad as a big family. I only hope that one day my own kids can experience this like I did. There is definitely something said about going to a small Christian private school.

Posted January 28, 2011

St. Paul's is truly an amazing school. All the staff from the Principal to the teachers to the administration are wonderful. There is an open door policy and parents are not only welcome but encouraged to be present in the school and its functions. My children have been there since pre-school and we have had nothing but an excellent experience. The pre-school teachers are so experienced and knowledgeable. My children have received a top notch education and are excelling academically. We have a military presence at our school and the entire staff is comfortable with deployment issues. The St. Paul's community has become a second family to ours.

Posted December 15, 2010

Our two daughters have attended St. Paul's since Kindergarten and they are now in grades 4 and 6. I've always loved the school. But, through the years as I've heard more and more experiences from parents of children at other schools, I truly realize what a gem St. Paul's is. I know that my kids will look back at their early years with found memories of St. Paul's.

Posted December 13, 2010

St. Paul's was and is a great place to grow up. During a very formative period of my life, the staff served as spiritual mentors who helped my parents raise me. Their influence was critical to my growth and as a young man. To this day I still have tremendous respect and love for each of them.

Posted December 9, 2010

My daughter attends St. Paul's preschool. The preschool teachers are awesome, and very experienced. These teachers truly love the kids and teach them so much while giving them a fun day too. I see the children from other grades when I'm on school grounds, and am impressed with them and all the teachers I have met. I am not religious but love that my daughter is being exposed to faith and Jesus so she can make her own decisions as she grows.

Posted December 7, 2010

As a family, we have had an excellent experience sending our daughter to St. Paul's. She has been there for five years and is receiving not only a solid, well-balanced education but also one that is centered on Christ. It is evident in every aspect of the school that love and goodness abound. There is a wonderful, close-knit community feel here. I would encourage other families to prayerfully consider it for their children.

Posted December 6, 2010

St. Paul's is a extraordinary school. Being a previous student and a Father of an enrolled student, I can confidently endorse the school in so many reasons. The class size is perfect for promoting growth in young minds, with class size of 30 plus children in public school, St. Paul's is far ahead with smaller class size to encourage young minds to flourish. The school staff and additional presence of the lutheran faith have shaped my son into not only a awesome student, but a firm believer in Christ. St. Paul's is a wonderful place for children not only to excel in superiour education, but also a place filled with love and caring in the presence of our Lord.

Posted December 5, 2010

My name is James Shahayda and I cannot thank St. Paul's Lutheran School enough for instilling in me the basics of education that have helped me excel in the classroom to this day. I am now a second semester sophomore attending Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia and am proud to say that many of the basics taught to me at St. Paul's have stuck with me and helped me progress beyond the majority of my peers time and time again. I am always ready to tell others about my private schooling at this institution and cite it as the best school I ever went to. Had my public middle school and high school had the same rigorous devotion to education that St. Paul's did I believe that all the students I graduated with would have no problem getting accepted to top tier colleges nationwide. Again, I cannot stress enough how much the things I learned at St. Paul's have stuck with me this whole time and affected the way I've learned in a beneficial way. If you are in San Diego and are looking for the best education possible for your child, St. Paul's is the way to go.

Posted December 3, 2010

My sister and I went to St. Paul's School when it first opened. We loved going there. The teachers were great. We have told everyone we know who have kids to send the child there. My sister wanted to send her grand child there but was full by the time she moved back. We think he would have been a better student now if he had gone because we learned so much when we went there.

Posted December 3, 2010

Our two boys went to St. Pauls Lutheran from K-8 and they had a wonderful experience. Not only were they prepared for high school and college, they are kind young men with a strong faith in Jesus. We credit alot of their success to their start at St. Pauls. The parent participation is off the charts and the teachers really, truly care. They even make home visits at the beginning of each year to get to know each child and their living environment. The children learn memorization and gather public speaking skills starting in kindergarten. The Chapel Buddy mentoring program is very special and is a wonderful way for the youngest and oldest students to bond. The St. Pauls family takes care of its own. They rally around anyone who is suffering and have created a small town feel in the big city.

Posted December 3, 2010

St. Paul's is a great school with a caring teachers. The individual attention these students receive is an indicator of the overall high quality education each child receives!

Posted December 3, 2010

St. Paul's offers a highly competitive academic curriculum built on a firm Christian foundation and stresses the importance of community outreach and service.

Posted December 3, 2010

St. Paul's Lutheran School was a blessing to our son and to us as parents from pre-school through 8th grade. The teachers/staff have such a heart for your child. They pray and work tirelessly to have the best year for your child, in the good times and the not so good times. Some college professors complain these days that students do not know how to speak in front of a class or how to write a paper. These two skills are taught early on at St. Paul's. Students are prepared for high school and college. Best of all, Jesus Christ, their Savior, is the focus and the joyful experience in serving others.

Posted December 3, 2010

Saint Paul's provides a wonderful academic community in which your child can grow in a caring, supporitive and structured environment. Saint Paul's is a very welcoming community, and is designed to build in to the development and success of your child socially, academically and spiritually. One of the ways it accomplishes this is by making the children an intregal part of their immediate community. It is a Lutheran school and has built in to the curriculum a biblical perspective, that provides insight in to spriitual principles, that nurture a foundation of faith and equip each student and their family to decide on the validity of a Christ centered life. Saint Paul's also has a wonderful music and choir program, an after school theater program, and access to sports and spelling bees, as well as many opportunities to include your extended family in to your child's life, such as Grandparents Day and other such events.

Posted December 3, 2010

My son attended St Paul's Lutheran School in PB for 8th grade only. He experienced a rigorous curriculum, made new friends, participated in sports available to all students of the appropriate age, attended meaningful field trips, and had an overall great experience. The environment was inviting and safe with clear academic and social expectations of the student. He was well prepared for high school and adjusted to the drastic size difference with no problem. Family values were supported by staff at St Paul's which only reinforced what we, as parents, wanted to teach him. My son was in Montessori school through 6th grade and had exceptional learning experiences. Home schooled for 7th grade we had priceless time together both academically and developmentally. The time, effort, and tuition spent on his education from pre-K through 8th grade are justified by seeing the successfully rounded teenager he is today as a Junior in high school and I likely would not have changed anything. However, if I had the opportunity to educate another child knowing the value of St Paul's Lutheran School, I would not hesitate to enroll that child there from elementary through 8th grade.

Posted December 2, 2010

What a wonderful experience my son has had at St. Pauls. He is truly in a loving, nurturing environment while being shaped into a young man. As a preschooler, he is thrilled to go to school to learn and is also growing in his faith and knowledge of Jesus. My whole family has been blessed by St. Pauls teachers, staff and principal.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 11%

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Gym
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mr. Fred Friedrichs
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • ELEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious