Posted March 09, 2011
I agree with the previous reviewers regarding the quality of this school. My daughter has been here for nearly a year and I am so impressed that she is reading small words and even spelling them. Moreover, she truly enjoys going to school as not only do they do work, but they have fun activities! The teachers have longevity, which I feel is very important. Many of them have been there for 15-20 years! I would definitely recommend sending your child to this school.

Posted December 22, 2010
Okay, I am through my 3rd child. First one I sent to two different Montessori schools, because we moved. The first school i loved (in a different state), -- did not like the second one here in San Diego at all (scripps ranch location). My second child attended Montessori School of San Diego. Since I had other schools to compare it to (not being a first time mom), I realized it to be the jewel that it is. Anyone who goes here, especially after they leave, will realize it as a jewel that they were privileged to find. Believe me, you will not find a better school for early education any where in San Diego.

Posted November 11, 2010
My daughter is in her second year here and is THRIVING. We started preschool at 3 at a traditional play-based school, and she hated going to school and it was a struggle. We switched to Montessori the next semester, and now she LOVES school! She is learning a ton and has developed and fabulous amount of self esteem by being able to do things herself. We are constantly approached by strangers commenting on how articulate she is. Miss Patti and Miss Biljiana are very nurturing and calm which creates a great learning environment for the kids. The teachers are also well educated and really pay attention to each child's individual needs.

Posted August 23, 2010
I have 2 boys that attend the Montessori School of San Diego. I feel like I won the lottery or something. This school has been heaven sent to us. Some people might say it is too academic for a child, but I feel that the montessori environment has let my children thrive at their own pace. My five year old is reading chapter books and LOVES it. Mrs. Samiya and Ms. Maria are truley living up to their talent. I could not ask for better teachers.

Posted March 25, 2010

Montessori School Of San Diego 1

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted June 23, 2008
All 3 of my children attended this school. I have my master's degree in gifted education and the philosophy and environment of this Montessori school serve the needs of the preschool and kindergarten children beautifully. The teachers are wonderful. Ms. Samya was most kind, caring, and professional. We are grateful to her and the other caring adults at Montessori.

Posted June 13, 2008
My son has been in the preschool, and we are very impressed! He has learned a ton and enjoyed every minute of his time here. The school is also very well administered and provides excellent year-round coverage for working parents.

Montessori School Of San Diego 4

Posted March 23, 2008
It has been a wonderful surprise to see our daughter develop curiosity, independent work and self-control in her two years of pre-K. ~~ Ms. Patti and Ms Bilijana (RM 1) are kind, respectful teachers who can be firm and sweet at the same time, creating a wonderful structure in the classroom. The two role-model appropriate behavior to incessantly without any nagging. ~~ The facility is relativelly small but they recently remodeled the upper playground and the kids love it. The one-way mirror for parents to watch kids in class is a clever idea. ~~ The low points are the high turn-over of child-care workers and the low-involvement of Jim, the principal (who is nice but could be a little more approacheable...)

Posted May 11, 2007
My daughter attended from age three until she went to kindergarten at public school. She is at one of the highest rated public schools in San Diego. She is now in first grade and I'm about ready to give up and put her back in a learning environment where she is challenged. She is bored at public school. Montessori was fantastic and she never claimed to be bored like she is now.

Montessori School Of San Diego
1323 West Spruce Street, San Diego, CA  92103
Last modified Montessori School Of San Diego is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Montessori School Of San Diego Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top