No rating

Reformation Lutheran

Private | K-8 | 74 students

Living in San Diego

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $350,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,440.

Posted October 23, 2011

This is a great small school that offers "big" school opportunities. The students are involved in many activities both academic and extra-curricular. The teachers and staff provide guidance, leadership, and assistance to all students as needed. Children succeed and develop moral and social skills appropriate for their age levels.

Posted April 12, 2010

My son has only been attending Reformation Lutheran School for about 3 months but both he and I have fallen in love with the school, the Principal and the teachers. This school has truely been a godsend. My son is excelling in school now due to the small classroom size, the individual attention and the wonder teacher. The academics are advanced (even in first grade) and the opportunity for music, art, sports, language etc. is fantastic. I am looking forward to many excellent years at this school.

Posted February 20, 2010

All of our children currently attend this wonderful school located in the central suburbs of San Diego. It has a academic program challenging enough for gifted students, but is small enough to provide individual assistance to students and parents who need a supportive environment. There a plenty of extracurricular activities. Our children are involved with the school basketball team, the Lego robotics team, regular choir performances, and theatrical plays. Tuition is affordable especially for the quality of education provided. Most importantly, our children are receiving a Biblical worldview centered around the gospel of Jesus Christ every school day. Private school was a difficult decision, but we are very happy with we did it.

Posted February 19, 2010

The teachers genuinely care for their students here, and also encourage the students daily to be kind in their interactions with each other. Every student participates in every activity - no one is left out. The students are challenged to do their best and the school has been accredited, which makes the eduction top-notch - especially for the very reasonable tuition.

Posted February 17, 2010

We audited several schools before deciding to send our children to Reformation. The principal took to the time to meet with us we sat in on a number of classes. We were blown away by how well-mannered the children were and how excited they seemed about learning. Of all the schools we looked at, this is also the only school with male teachers (and a male principal) which we studies show to have a positive impact on children. The extracurricular activities, music lessons, all-school plays and sports were important to us. Other schools tended to have some but not all of these. We've been here 2 years now and we're hooked. The communication with the teachers is amazing and the community we have with the other families is a dream. The school has been given a high academic rating which is great but it offers so much more!

Posted February 16, 2010

Very small school enrollment, reasonable tuition, experienced and dedicated teachers. Students receive religious instruction, which has been an invaluable part of my non-Lutheran children's growth and development. How small is the school? Everyone can participate in a sports program. We have been connected with the school for two years. For most students, Reformation is an excellent alternative to San Diego public middle schools.

Posted February 16, 2010

We found Reformation Lutheran School through our daughter's daycare center 10 years ago. We have three children, the oldest graduated from Reformation last year, that have been blessed to attend Reformation. We had no worries about sending our oldest child into a public high school knowing the solid foundation she received in her faith and academics. The teachers, administration and students at Reformation are the best around.

Posted February 16, 2010

I love this school. My daughter has been going here for almost 7 years. The teachers are dedicated and caring. The class size is small, so every student gets the attention they need and deserve. I am a working parent, so I love the fact that I know the teachers and it is a safe and caring environment. I am not Lutheran, but I love the Christian environment and that my child is learning about the bible. The academics are advanced and my daughter is also learning Spanish. They have sports for everyone. I highly recommend this school and the tuition is very reasonable.

Posted February 16, 2010

My husband and I have been members of Reformation for many years and I couldnt wait for my children to attend Reformation Lutheran School. Our sons are both at the preschool program which is excellent. My four year old wrote his name the other day and we were so excited. Reformation has an excellent program with dedicated teachers and small class rooms so kids get one on one attention but most of all they learn about Jesus. I love when my boys come home singing hymns from school. We highly recommend Reformation Lutheran School.

Posted February 15, 2010

There are so many things that impress me about Reformation Lutheran School. One thing is the way Reformation's teachers have broadened my daughters knowledge and abilities with thier advanced curriculum. Another thing is the caring attitude among the students encouraged by the careful Christian instruction and supervision of the teachers. Also the family atmophere among parents, faculty, and students. We are all truly working together toward helping the kids excell spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically.

Posted February 14, 2010

My children have been attending Reformation for almost 4 years. We love the small class sizes, the involved and loving teachers, the challenging academic program as well as the biblical training they are receiving. They have a great Christmas and Spring musical program. They have opportunites for the kids to get involved in various sports such as volleyball, basketball and track. I have been impressed with advanced grammar, math, reading and memory work they have learned. They are learning some of the fundamentals that can get lost in the public school setting. Reformation is affordable for a private school and they provide financial aid to those who may need it. The environment of the school is great because it feels like family. When I eat lunch with my kids it is a calm, peaceful atmosphere. I am thankful we found Reformation School.

Posted February 13, 2010

Our daughter is a preschool student at Reformation, and our son will be starting during the summer. The preschool hours are great for working parents, while the easy freeway access makes our commute simple. My daughter can write just about every letter in the alphabet, which surprises our friends. She has made wonderful friends and enjoys her time at Reformation. We are excited for our son to begin, as this is a great alternative to daycare.

Posted February 12, 2010

My husband and I were really unhappy with the public school in our neighborhood. We looked at a couple of different private and charter schools nearby. We fell in love with Reformation Lutheran after visiting the school and touring the classrooms. My kids have been attending Reformation for three years now and I couldn't be happier. The curriculum is advanced and the smaller classrooms are terrific. The teachers are great communicators. I know what is going on with my children at all times. On top of academics they also have great extracurriculars like basketball, football, volleyball, and even a Lego robotics club. I highly recommend Reformation to anyone looking for an alternative to public school.

Posted February 12, 2010

Reformation is a wonderful Christian school. The teachers, principal, and staff excel in teachiing God's Word, and in demonstrating Christ's love and care to the students and students' families. Besides excelling in many academic areas, Reformation provides many extracurricular activities including (but not limited to) band, choir, art, piano, Spanish and sports teams. (Many 4th-8th graders are 'crazy' about basketball.) They also provide before and after school childcare. Parent involvement is vital and valued at Reformation. The staff has always provided an open door for my husband and myself to talk to them about any concerns we have. Parents and teachers work together in providing a quality, and well-rounded education for our children. We have been part of the Reformation School Family for almost 10 years, and we highly recommend this school to any parent(s) who have children from age 3 through 8th grade.

Posted March 28, 2005

Reformation is an excellent Christian school. Our children score 2-3 grade levels above the national norm on standardized tests. The school offers a wide range of activites including music, art, drama, interscholastic sports, and Lutheran Pioneers. Parents are vital to the school. Many help with the extra activities such as coaching the sports teams or helping the sunbeams with their projects. Reformation has one of the finest children's choirs in the county. The school is centrally located and easy to get to-near two major freeways the I805 and the 163. We strongly recommend this school for anyone looking for a Christian family centered education for their child.

• Mr. Michael Homan
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Wisconsin evangelical lutheran synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious