K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 24, 2016
I would like to say thank you to the school secretary Susan for all of her hard work in the front office. Its not easy to keep the school, preschool and church all running and running well and she does an outstanding job!!!!

Posted October 23, 2011
This is a great small school that offers "big" school opportunities. The students are involved in many activities both academic and extra-curricular. The teachers and staff provide guidance, leadership, and assistance to all students as needed. Children succeed and develop moral and social skills appropriate for their age levels.

Posted April 12, 2010
My son has only been attending Reformation Lutheran School for about 3 months but both he and I have fallen in love with the school, the Principal and the teachers. This school has truely been a godsend. My son is excelling in school now due to the small classroom size, the individual attention and the wonder teacher. The academics are advanced (even in first grade) and the opportunity for music, art, sports, language etc. is fantastic. I am looking forward to many excellent years at this school.

Posted February 20, 2010
All of our children currently attend this wonderful school located in the central suburbs of San Diego. It has a academic program challenging enough for gifted students, but is small enough to provide individual assistance to students and parents who need a supportive environment. There a plenty of extracurricular activities. Our children are involved with the school basketball team, the Lego robotics team, regular choir performances, and theatrical plays. Tuition is affordable especially for the quality of education provided. Most importantly, our children are receiving a Biblical worldview centered around the gospel of Jesus Christ every school day. Private school was a difficult decision, but we are very happy with we did it.

Posted February 19, 2010
The teachers genuinely care for their students here, and also encourage the students daily to be kind in their interactions with each other. Every student participates in every activity - no one is left out. The students are challenged to do their best and the school has been accredited, which makes the eduction top-notch - especially for the very reasonable tuition.

Posted February 17, 2010
We audited several schools before deciding to send our children to Reformation. The principal took to the time to meet with us we sat in on a number of classes. We were blown away by how well-mannered the children were and how excited they seemed about learning. Of all the schools we looked at, this is also the only school with male teachers (and a male principal) which we studies show to have a positive impact on children. The extracurricular activities, music lessons, all-school plays and sports were important to us. Other schools tended to have some but not all of these. We've been here 2 years now and we're hooked. The communication with the teachers is amazing and the community we have with the other families is a dream. The school has been given a high academic rating which is great but it offers so much more!

Posted February 16, 2010
Very small school enrollment, reasonable tuition, experienced and dedicated teachers. Students receive religious instruction, which has been an invaluable part of my non-Lutheran children's growth and development. How small is the school? Everyone can participate in a sports program. We have been connected with the school for two years. For most students, Reformation is an excellent alternative to San Diego public middle schools.

Posted February 16, 2010
We found Reformation Lutheran School through our daughter's daycare center 10 years ago. We have three children, the oldest graduated from Reformation last year, that have been blessed to attend Reformation. We had no worries about sending our oldest child into a public high school knowing the solid foundation she received in her faith and academics. The teachers, administration and students at Reformation are the best around.

Posted February 16, 2010
I love this school. My daughter has been going here for almost 7 years. The teachers are dedicated and caring. The class size is small, so every student gets the attention they need and deserve. I am a working parent, so I love the fact that I know the teachers and it is a safe and caring environment. I am not Lutheran, but I love the Christian environment and that my child is learning about the bible. The academics are advanced and my daughter is also learning Spanish. They have sports for everyone. I highly recommend this school and the tuition is very reasonable.

Posted February 16, 2010
My husband and I have been members of Reformation for many years and I couldnt wait for my children to attend Reformation Lutheran School. Our sons are both at the preschool program which is excellent. My four year old wrote his name the other day and we were so excited. Reformation has an excellent program with dedicated teachers and small class rooms so kids get one on one attention but most of all they learn about Jesus. I love when my boys come home singing hymns from school. We highly recommend Reformation Lutheran School.

4670 Mount Abernathy Avenue, San Diego, CA  92117