Posted July 23, 2013
We transferred to DMP School because of dissatisfaction with our local public school. The impetus driving the change was a non-differentiation policy adopted by our school which resulted in our child becoming a disinterested student. We were fortunate to find DMP in the last semester of the 2012-13 school year. During the remaining semester at DMP, we saw an immediate change in our child from a previously apathetic second grader to a thriving student. The biggest difference was the commitment and support by DMP faculty to foster the academic and social growth of each child. We were astounded by the superb quality of work and accomplishments our daughter was able to achieve. DMP provides a solid, well-rounded education by utilizing traditional teaching methods while embracing current technological tools. I believe a quality PRIMARY school education is the best investment a parent cam make in a child's future. I would highly recommend DMP to any parent looking for a school which encourages children to embrace education. DMP assesses each child's learning style and provides the tools necessary to cultivate academic and social success.

Posted July 19, 2013
DMP is a very special school where children develop a lifelong love of learning and leave 6th grade with study skills and independent work habits that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. These skills and habits begin in K in a fun and positive atmosphere, and by the time they are in the 6th grade they are ingrained and a part of who they are. After my boys graduated from Del Mar Pines, they went on to attend another leading private school in the area. Not only were they prepared for their new experience, but these study skills they had developed at DMP helped to make them into successful students. The small group instruction with leveled groups affords each child the opportunity to flourish at their own pace. Children are taught to treat others the way they would like to be treated. The golden rule is really just a part of the curriculum. The teachers are caring and nurturing and make every effort to ensure the success of each child. On top of a challenging curriculum for Language Arts and Math, the school provides hands on science, technology (1-1 ipads and laptops), art, music, Spanish and PE. DMP was a great launching pad for my children.

Posted July 17, 2013
I highly recommend Del Mar Pines School to anyone with elementary age students. It is a warm, safe environment where learning is fun and the exploration of knowledge is a priority. My two children have blossomed into great people here. They truly LOVE going to school every day and NEVER complain about homework. They are thriving because of the individualized attention they get from amazing teachers and staff and the well rounded curriculum with a lot of extras. At Del Mar Pines, children are challenged to reach their academic potential and encouraged to learn through hands on science, the best elementary school art and music program you can imagine, technology with iPads for every child, Spanish, PE and much more. I hear crazy stories about the class sizes and behavior issues that go on at our local public elementary school (a really good one) and I feel blessed that we were lucky enough to find the Del Mar Pines School. It is a very special place for children and their families, so I encourage you to visit the school to experience it for yourself.

Posted July 09, 2013
This is the absolute best school in San Diego! When my son was entering Kindergarten, I was very worried about the "invisibilty" of gifted students in the public school classroom, as the public school has ever increasing demands of dealing with underperforming students and dealing with behavior problems. Some of my friends children in public school were kind of left to fed for themselves, while the scant amount of resources were being fought over. My child has had amazing instruction at Del Mar Pines! He is a full grade level ahead in reading and writing, and two grade levels ahead in math. Del Mar Pines is the most successful school I have ever seen at individualizing instruction. Additionally, my child gets music, art, spanish, and hands-on science all as part of the regular school program. At my local public school most of these programs have been reduced, if not cut completely! I just can't say enough how happy I am I put my child at Del Mar Pines. It has made a world of difference!

Posted June 30, 2013
DMP is a bit of a hidden gem and we are glad we discovered this school! While we were definitely interested in a school that would address our child's specific academic needs, we also wanted a program that prioritizes social/emotional development and that helps students develop into thoughtful and caring individuals who respect themselves and others. We have found this to be the case at DMP. Additionally, we have been impressed with the way the Director Marci McCord is always working to improve the teaching and experience for the students. She is clearly very invested in the school.

Posted April 05, 2013
Our daughter is a kindergartener at Del Mar Pines and we have been so impressed with everything about this wonderful school. Our daughter has blossomed and we attribute that to the great teacher/student ratio and the warm, caring atmosphere that the administration works so hard to foster, and of course the academics are stellar. The staff truly care about each student and their families. Recently there was a student talent show in which any student was welcome to participate. There were some very talented kids and some not as talented kids- however, the student audience never acted like they were bored or unimpressed. In fact, when a preformer was getting nervous or scared, the kids would start clapping to the music or waving their arms in time with the beat in order to encourage and support the child performing. As a parent, it was amazing to watch. My daughter came home lit up because a lot of "older kids" came up to her afterwards and told her what a wonderful job she had done. These kids are being taught a sense of community that you just can't get anywhere. I would recommend this school without hesitation and we look forward to our younger children starting here.

Posted January 28, 2013
The decision to change schools can be a difficult one to make. However, sending our two daughters to Del Mar Pines, after many disappointments with our local public school, is the best decision my husband and I have made regarding our children's education! They are both thriving in a safe, nurturing, and highly academic environment. The teachers are dedicated to each of their student's success and go out of their way to make accommodations for those who need more/less challenging material. Del Mar Pines really teaches to the individual child and not the masses. Since my two daughters started at DMP, I am much more aware of what my daughters are learning and how well they are doing in school. There aren't anymore surprises come report card time! Del Mar Pines' Language Arts curriculum exceeds the standards that are set in public school. Other core subjects are equally challenging if not more than public school! Del Mar Pines exceeds my expectations daily!!!

Posted January 27, 2013
Teaching kindergarten at Del Mar Pines is my passion and a joy every day! Our teaching staff is committed to creating a nurturing environment, to encouraging creativity, to instilling responsibility and to fostering life-long learning. The kindergarten class is a place where each child is celebrated for their unique qualities, and guided with patience and enthusiasm. Our small-group reading and math instruction allows each child to be challenged and to work at the highest potential. Every day is fun, whether we are discovering a stick bug with the video projector and looking up its characteristics on Wikipedia, or recording our voices on the iPad and exporting pictures about Martin Luther King Jr. The most rewarding experience is watching the children grow from kindergarten to sixth grade. It is a totally caring and supportive community involving the students, teachers, staff and parents. I have been teaching for over 30 years, and can t imagine teaching anywhere other than at Del Mar Pines School.

Del Mar Pines School 3

Posted January 01, 2013
I enrolled my child in kindergarten here. I can't say this school is worth paying tuition for. They simply follow the California state standards for curriculum and progress. The curriculum and grading is no different than public school. There was a dearth of afterschool activities compared to public school. The administration treats their employment as simply a day job, there is little ambition or vision to make the school the best it can be. The public schools nearby are better. Some parents switched to public and thought it was better. Good teacher:student ratio is a plus, however, due to low student population.

Posted October 12, 2012
Enrolling at Del Mar Pines was the best decision our family made. Some reasons why Del Mar Pines is such a special place: (1) Many schools talk about differentiation but DMP was one of the few schools that has a systematic way in which they handle this. Kids are separated in groups by ability and then each of these groups works at a level that challenges them. (2) The school is completely child centered. It helps that there are less than 25 kids in the class with two teachers in every classroom. It also helps that when the kids are divided into small groups there are between 4-6 kids in each of these small groups and so the teachers can really get to know where your child is at, how your child learns and tailor their teaching to the child. Diane Wist, Head of Student Development, is amazing with the kids and she genuinely cares about each and every one of them. (3) Marci McCord, Head of School, does a fantastic job balancing actively listening to the parents and at the same time being very practical and pragmatic about issues/solutions. Del Mar Pines is a gem. I am thankful that my kids have this chance to belong to this wonderful school.

Del Mar Pines School