K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Marci and her staff are excellent teachers and give their very best each and every day. What sets the school apart however, is its continued focus on nourturing the whole child. I have seen the transformation in my child as they moved from grade to grade strengthening their organization, research and self-reliace skills. We are always reminded by our child that character matters and about the golden rule. I know that my child will be prepared for the next level in her education because of her years at Del Mar Pines. Trully a great school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are truly gifted, and very kind and loving to the children. A fantastic combination. My child has soared academically and I think the individual attention the teachers give to children is very effective and helpful. They also make learning fun!

Amount of homework: Agree

Perfect amount! Very reasonable amount each day and no HW on the weekends and holidays. The best part is that the teachers help the kids become more independent and responsible for doing their HW!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school encourages students to be the best person they can be in terms of honesty and integrity. The teachers role model fairness, kindness, and ethics each day in their daily interactions with the children and each other. The school also provides multiple programs on giving and donations, that the children organize and participate in.

Del Mar Pines is truly a joyful place of learning and growth. We transferred our child to an upper grade in Fall 2015 because of a relocation. I was worried that my child would struggle with the change, as he loved his previous school. The first day I picked him up and asked how it went, he said, "Best school ever! I love my teacher!" This feedback speaks volumes.. and his love for Del Mar Pines has only continued to grow. The school is unique in that it is a small and highly nurturing environment that focuses on whole child development. Hence, the curriculum effectively addresses academic, artistic, cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development. With 2 teachers in the classroom and a small number of children in each class, the opportunity for teaching to each child's strengths and vulnerabilities is available and excellent. The structure of teaching is exceptional, as it combines applied, project based learning, traditional academics, field trips, and arts. The teachers provided an effective scaffolding and organizational system to foster the child's development cognitively, interpersonally, and across subjects. The teachers are clearly gifted, and very loving and gentle with the children. Based on my observations, the kids love their teachers and are excited to go to school. The families and children at the school are also very kind and inclusive, and it was a smooth and easy transition for us. In sum, I would highly recommend Del Mar Pines as an exceptional school, and I am confident it is a school that fosters children's development and success in the best possible ways across multiple domains. Thank you Del Mar Pines! We are forever grateful...

This is our second year at Del Mar Pines (DMP) and we’re very pleased. Our local public school is considered very strong, but the large class sizes and limited individualized pacing caused us to consider a variety of private schools. What attracted us to DMP was its tailored small group instruction in math and language arts, its low student/teacher ratio, and its “extra” classes like Spanish, Science, P/E and Technology. The small group instruction in reading and math, with ~5-8 students in each group, allows for students to progress at an optimal pace for them while receiving more focused individual attention. Additionally, with a limit of 22 kids per class, and one to two teachers per class, classrooms are more easily managed and kids are less likely to be ignored. Marci, the head of school, is responsive to parent input and gets to know all the students personally, sitting in on all parent-teacher conferences. We’ve found this school to not only emphasize optimal academic growth, but the development of a well-rounded, considerate and caring child.

I would recommend DMP in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a K-6 school for their chiid/ren. The quality of its academic, social, emotional and physical program is outstanding and truly prepares its students for a journey of learning and exploration. The staff are outstanding - they truly care about each and every child's success in all areas and are the most equipped, able and approachable professionals I have met in a school setting.

Develops character: Strongly agree

DMP teachers take the time to nurture honesty and integrity amongst it's students. Classroom settings are small enough to allow positive relationships between the children.

We transferred to DMP School because of dissatisfaction with our local public school. The impetus driving the change was a non-differentiation policy adopted by our school which resulted in our child becoming a disinterested student. We were fortunate to find DMP in the last semester of the 2012-13 school year. During the remaining semester at DMP, we saw an immediate change in our child from a previously apathetic second grader to a thriving student. The biggest difference was the commitment and support by DMP faculty to foster the academic and social growth of each child. We were astounded by the superb quality of work and accomplishments our daughter was able to achieve. DMP provides a solid, well-rounded education by utilizing traditional teaching methods while embracing current technological tools. I believe a quality PRIMARY school education is the best investment a parent cam make in a child's future. I would highly recommend DMP to any parent looking for a school which encourages children to embrace education. DMP assesses each child's learning style and provides the tools necessary to cultivate academic and social success.

DMP is a very special school where children develop a lifelong love of learning and leave 6th grade with study skills and independent work habits that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. These skills and habits begin in K in a fun and positive atmosphere, and by the time they are in the 6th grade they are ingrained and a part of who they are. After my boys graduated from Del Mar Pines, they went on to attend another leading private school in the area. Not only were they prepared for their new experience, but these study skills they had developed at DMP helped to make them into successful students. The small group instruction with leveled groups affords each child the opportunity to flourish at their own pace. Children are taught to treat others the way they would like to be treated. The golden rule is really just a part of the curriculum. The teachers are caring and nurturing and make every effort to ensure the success of each child. On top of a challenging curriculum for Language Arts and Math, the school provides hands on science, technology (1-1 ipads and laptops), art, music, Spanish and PE. DMP was a great launching pad for my children.

Last modified Del Mar Pines School is a Private school that serves grades K-6