Faith Community School

Private | K-6 | 94 students

We are best known for Caring teachers/small classes.

Living in San Diego

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $312,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,750.

Sweep tile

Posted October 8, 2012

This is my fourth year teaching Kindergarten at Faith Community. I worked at several schools before Faith, but I have never worked with a more encouraging and supportive principal than Mrs. Carter. As teachers, we are committed to working together across the grade levels to get our students where they need to be. I am able to effectively teach my students the core subject areas, while still being able to have fun with music, art and other extracurricular activities making a fun and engaging learning environment. One of my favorite things about the school is that I can stop and pray with my students when a need arises. If I had children, they would definitely attend Faith Community School, for the exceptional academics and the nurturing, Godly environment!

Posted October 8, 2012

I have taught at several schools, and I can honestly say that Faith Community is at the top of all of those. The school's mission statement, "Our Mission is to encourage, educate, and release every child's full potential - spiritual, academic, social, and physical - so that they might shape the future as they bless, influence, and lead," is truly in the heart of each teacher. We strive for academic excellence, while ensuring that each child is supported and taken care of. I have never experienced a more supportive team of parents or staff. Because of the support and love from the staff and parents, I am better able to impact the lives of our students. When my children are of school age, I will definitely be sending them to Faith Community.

Posted October 8, 2012

This great school with small class sizes, dedicated teachers and engaged families provides a wonderful educational setting and outstanding educational value. The commitment to learning is matched by an emphasis on character development. I urge any parent desirous of a affirming, rigorous and balanced education for their child to consider Faith Community School.

Posted October 8, 2012

I have been a teacher at Faith for 10 years now, going on my 11th. I would not be at this school still if I didn't love it and believe it is a great school. The students get a top education from teachers who really care. Class sizes are small, which helps the students get more individual help. If you are looking for a great school, come check it out for yourself!

Posted October 8, 2012

Lots of parent participation and a great staff. Kids learning environment comfortable and stimulating. Opportunities to grow spiritually, academically and socially. Attentive, watchful eyes of loving teachers securing students in every life situation.

Posted October 8, 2012

This is my 2nd year teaching 3rd grade at Faith Community. Prior to Faith, I had been teaching at a charter school. In my 8 years of teaching, I have never experienced a more positive, encouraging, and nurturing learning environment than Faith's. The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing a quality education for their students including art, music, and a full computer lab. In a public school, you will rarely find any of these being taught anymore. What a blessing to be able to teach academic subjects while developing my students' relationship with God at the same time! Students receive support and instruction in very small class sizes; a luxury not available in public/charter schools. I recommend Faith to anyone seeking a challenging, quality education for their children complete with a caring staff and Christian environment.

Posted October 8, 2012

This is my daughter's first year at Faith Community and we already love it! This school is fantastic in so many ways. It offers small class sizes, top notch education, & spiritual enrichment all in one safe and close environment. The students are able to get the valuable time and attention needed to help them succeed. The teaching staff is very dedicated and accessible for any questions, needs or concerns. In my opinion a school is only as successful as it's principal & staff are willing to allow it to be. The principal has dedicated so much time and energy to ensuring this school & it's students & staff get all the support they need. The academic standards are high and prepare the students well for high academic achievement. We are a Christian family and spiritual enrichment and the freedom to worship God, in school is very important to our family. It allows our daughter to have both the academic and spiritual growth she needs to make her a well rounded contributing member of society.

Posted October 8, 2012

This school is GREAT. This is our daughter s second year there and we couldn't be happier with the teachers and staff. I would recommend this school to any parents who want the best experience and education for their children.

Posted September 15, 2012

I love this school. I love the small class sizes. Kindness and respect are taught early on. I feel like what is missing is the hostility that can be found at some large public schools where one can just be a nameless face in the crowd. I have a 4th grader now and I have noticed since the time my child started Kindergarten here that 6th graders are taught to be kind to the little ones and actually look out for them instead of picking on them. I love the faith based education!

Posted May 25, 2012

Our daughter was just selected for YearBook staff at her high school. She had to do an application, get three teacher's recommendations and do an interview with the advisor and 15 returning staff members. I was so proud of her for putting herself out there and seeing it through and really happy for her that she was selected. It was so much of what she got at Faith that gave her the courage to do it. It's going to make such a huge difference to the remaining 3 years of her high school experience. Faith Community is still having an impact on our daughter and out family even 3 years later. I see the great things that were instilled in her manifest themselves everyday.

Posted February 23, 2012

My older son is a Kindergartener at Faith Community School and he loves to go to school and he says he loves all of the teachers at the entire school! ^^ His teacher, Mrs. Rowe, is such a kind and loving person and all the kids are thoroughly known and guided and loved. I'm so grateful and happy for this school for my son.

Posted February 17, 2012

Faith is truly a great school. We transferred our daughter to Faith 3 years ago and we wish we had known about Faith before she started Kindergarten. The teachers are always well prepared and ready to help the kids. The principal also knows each kid by the first name and available at all times. Our younger daughter just started kindergarten this year and she loves going to school here. The class sizes are small and every kid gets special attention. Faith community school is great and we love it!

Posted February 16, 2012

Faith Community is hands down THE BEST school to which you could send your child. As a military familiy, we have lived all over the world, and have never had the amazing experience we are having at Faith. From the principal to the teachers to the support staff right down to the janitor, there are no finer people in any school. We are thrilled to know our daughter is receiving the best education possible in a setting that is fostering not just academic excellence, but a spiritual foundation that will remain with our daughter the rest of her life.

Posted February 15, 2012

I am the [fictitious] president of the Mrs. Carter, Principal of Faith Community Fan Club. She is inspirational and loves our children. I know that we are all children of God, and she is the good steward of the students. My child is going on year two. Previous to FC, she attended a public school and we were told that she would fail kindergarten if she did not start to learn to read!!! Low and behold, she is a reader now! I cannot say enough of the faculty: They all love so willingly and I believe that this is the foundation for a spectacular, phenomenal learning environment. You will never want to see your child graduate out of this environment.

Posted February 15, 2012

Best school in Serra Mesa and I am sure one of the very best in San Diego! I chose to place my son in this school due to the public school down the road being over crowded and just not up to the standards I have set for my son. This school is the perfect fit for him! The teachers genuinly love all of their students, the class sizes are small, and the entire staff is always looking for ways to improve what is already and amazing school. The price is great for a San Diego private school and the academics set each child up for success! The principal knows each and every student by name, and is known by all the students. We are a military family, and probably won't be staying in San Diego permanently. The day we leave this school will be a sad one. My husband and I have even talked about possibly trying to stay in San Diego just to keep our children in this school.

Posted February 15, 2012

We have sent our three children through this school and have to say it is one of the best schools they have ever attended! My older two are now in high school and were extremely well prepared (above heir peers even) largely due to the excellent teaching and preparation Faith Community provided. Fully accredited, this school meets all of our needs from excellent instruction, very low class sizes, a Christian worldview, and a whole person approach to education. The staff is friendly and faculty extremely competent. The principal has over 20 years of experience in education with a stellar track record and strong leadership. Being a military family, I have multiple choices on where I can send my children, and quite frankly, I wouldn't send my children anywhere else!

Posted December 3, 2010

This school is truly AMAZING! I have a "special needs" child that went there and when he could not function in class the principal would instruct him one on one in her office. The principal knows every student and every parent. The teachers are beyond amazing and whatever the request they did their best to accomodate all of my sons needs and at no extra cost. The academics are high and all children are taught respect, honesty and all of the other family values a parent wants their child to learn. I honestly don't think there is a better place to be than Faith. It's just a shame that all schools aren't like this one.

Posted September 22, 2010

Faith Community School continues to excel spiritually, academically, and socially. It is now fully accredited and continues to strive for excellence in all that they do. I have 1 child who graduated faith (and 2 still attending) and my oldest has excelled in middle school because of the great foundation laid at Faith. The school is blessed to have great leadership, a great staff and wonderful parents and families who support the school and each other.

Posted October 20, 2009

We took our child out of public school because of over crowded classrooms, stressed teachers, bully's, and put in Faith because it is a very loving environment, and the /teachers/principle/education/church and staff are committed to the best education! We don't want to leave upon graduation! We are very grateful to the Church & School! Thank you Faith!

Posted November 11, 2008

My child goes to Faith Community School. This is our first year and we could not be more pleased. The Teachers, The Staff are excellent. First Class. Very Caring as well.

Ethnicity This school

• Creative writing
  • Drama
Clubs
  • Yearbook

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dotty Carter
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Other
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (858) 565-6726

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Horizon Christian Academy