K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Since 1977 Ocean View Christian Academy (formerly Midway) has educated thousands of Southbay students in our caring, Christ-centered environment. We offer everything from preschool, to before and after-school care, to college counseling. We feature limited class sizes, athletics, and a number of electives for secondary students. We ensure our high school students are not only on track to graduate, but also meet the ever-increasing expectations of colleges and universities. Our past two graduating classes averaged 24 seniors, and over $850,000 in scholarships. Parents are provided online access to grades and homework, and communication to parents is usually provided by several means to ensure important information is received. We also post calendars, lunch menus, teacher emails, and other important information on our website. The dress code at OVCA offers a variety of options for boys and girls, plus we do not require that you purchase items from a particular vendor. Guidelines are available in the office or in the Student Handbook, which is also available online. We are continually thankful for the families who trust us with the education of their children, and tirelessly work to assist them with their student's overall personal growth. I invite any potential parent to visit our website at ovcapatriots.com, or call our office at (619) 424-7875. We look forward to talking with you.
August 05, 2010

Bad
Good

I had my son here for 2 years and he enjoyed being there. The staff were welcoming and caring. I appreciate the school for its religious culture.

With growing concern regarding how public education is being directed, I am thankful my children have an option like Ocean View in our area. The teachers genuinely care, and take time to meet if needed. Students are taught about faith and God, and are guided through situations when difficulties arise. I am hopeful God will continue to bless OVCA.

My son was weeded out by the first grade teacher and the vice principal. My son has ADHD and is disruptive when not challenged. He started first grade at a very high reading level and was bringing home kindergarten material for homework. When he was disruptive they took away his recess, which made it even worse. Once he was marked down there was no way he could get points lost back. My son started public school and was finally challenged, but he lost his Christian based education, for which I will forever be saddened. I loved the school at the beginning, but once he was asked to leave I saw it's true colors not what I expected in a christian based school. Keep in mind my child was never threatening, or in any way violent, there was never any problem other than disruptive and being outspoken. They have truly missed out on a great kid, who is now excelling in everything.

My daughter is in the primary preschool class for 3 year olds. Its full day and the teachers have been wonderful to her. She is only 3 and knows all the sounds of the alphabet and can write her name independently. Thank you to the staff for working so hard with her!

Our oldest has attended OVCA since kindergarten and is going to be in third grade this year. We have been very pleased with the teachers, the class size and the overall learning environment. With our second child entering kindergarten this year, we are expecting him to have the same great experience.

I am pleased to have a student in elementary school again this year at OVCA, and am looking forward to their continued academic and spiritual growth. The school did not raise tuition again this year, for which I am thankful and appreciative to the staff who sacrifices so much to serve at OVCA.

This school is great. My daughter learns something new everyday and I am always amazed at the wonderful care and attention the teachers bring to the students.

I work with the Church and School doing maintenance. I'm everywhere and see just about everything. I'm always amazed how excellent the teachers/staff are. The students are always happy and enjoy being here as well. When my daughter is old enough to attend she will be going here.

This school is a rare jewel in the San Diego South Bay area. The tuition is purposely as low as possible so as many people who possibly can go are able to afford it. The facilities are wonderful, especially considering they receive no state or federal money. The faculty and administration are very dedicated to their students. The academics are impressive and students consistently test high when compared with other public and private schools. The sports program is also impressive, even though there are not huge numbers of students on which to draw. All of my children attended this school and we are VERY pleased with OVCA!

An amazing school! Lot's of wonderful teachers and staff, and they all care greatly for the students.

Last modified Ocean View Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12