School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Since 1977 Ocean View Christian Academy (formerly Midway) has educated thousands of Southbay students in our caring, Christ-centered environment. We offer everything from preschool, to before and after-school care, to college counseling. We feature limited class sizes, athletics, and a number of electives for secondary students. We ensure our high school students are not only on track to graduate, but also meet the ever-increasing expectations of colleges and universities. Our past two graduating classes averaged 24 seniors, and over $850,000 in scholarships. Parents are provided online access to grades and homework, and communication to parents is usually provided by several means to ensure important information is received. We also post calendars, lunch menus, teacher emails, and other important information on our website. The dress code at OVCA offers a variety of options for boys and girls, plus we do not require that you purchase items from a particular vendor. Guidelines are available in the office or in the Student Handbook, which is also available online. We are continually thankful for the families who trust us with the education of their children, and tirelessly work to assist them with their student's overall personal growth. I invite any potential parent to visit our website at ovcapatriots.com, or call our office at (619) 424-7875. We look forward to talking with you.
August 5, 2010

Ocean View Christian Academy 2

Posted July 27, 2014
My son was weeded out by the first grade teacher and the vice principal. My son has ADHD and is disruptive when not challenged. He started first grade at a very high reading level and was bringing home kindergarten material for homework. When he was disruptive they took away his recess, which made it even worse. Once he was marked down there was no way he could get points lost back. My son started public school and was finally challenged, but he lost his Christian based education, for which I will forever be saddened. I loved the school at the beginning, but once he was asked to leave I saw it's true colors not what I expected in a christian based school. Keep in mind my child was never threatening, or in any way violent, there was never any problem other than disruptive and being outspoken. They have truly missed out on a great kid, who is now excelling in everything.

Posted February 19, 2014
My daughter is in the primary preschool class for 3 year olds. Its full day and the teachers have been wonderful to her. She is only 3 and knows all the sounds of the alphabet and can write her name independently. Thank you to the staff for working so hard with her!

Posted August 03, 2013
Our oldest has attended OVCA since kindergarten and is going to be in third grade this year. We have been very pleased with the teachers, the class size and the overall learning environment. With our second child entering kindergarten this year, we are expecting him to have the same great experience.

Posted August 01, 2013
I am pleased to have a student in elementary school again this year at OVCA, and am looking forward to their continued academic and spiritual growth. The school did not raise tuition again this year, for which I am thankful and appreciative to the staff who sacrifices so much to serve at OVCA.

Posted August 01, 2013
This school is great. My daughter learns something new everyday and I am always amazed at the wonderful care and attention the teachers bring to the students.

Posted August 01, 2013
I work with the Church and School doing maintenance. I'm everywhere and see just about everything. I'm always amazed how excellent the teachers/staff are. The students are always happy and enjoy being here as well. When my daughter is old enough to attend she will be going here.

Posted August 01, 2013
This school is a rare jewel in the San Diego South Bay area. The tuition is purposely as low as possible so as many people who possibly can go are able to afford it. The facilities are wonderful, especially considering they receive no state or federal money. The faculty and administration are very dedicated to their students. The academics are impressive and students consistently test high when compared with other public and private schools. The sports program is also impressive, even though there are not huge numbers of students on which to draw. All of my children attended this school and we are VERY pleased with OVCA!

Posted May 16, 2013
My daughter has attended Ocean View Christian Academy since she was 2 years old. She is now in 10th grade. My two boys (now adults) attended public school here in San Diego. The experience my daughter has had at OVCA is far superior to the public school system. She has had a college mindset since Junior High and has realized the relationship between her grades and her future. My sons did not get this until the first year of college (too late). I am grateful for the time and love that the teachers have invested into my daughter's life. The teachers are invested and care whether the students understand the material. They provide help classes and tutoring for all who need it. Everyone gets to play on the sports teams and the team members benefit from the life lessons that sports teach. An added bonus are the championship seasons that the kids enjoy. I highly expect that my daughter will be very successful in her college career.

Posted May 16, 2013
My son is in first grade at Ocean View Christian Academy, and he has attended the school for two years of preschool and kindergarten. The few times I have had a question, his teachers have always been readily available to meet with me, to listen to my question or concern, and to answer or explain. I appreciate their professionalism and their love for my child displayed through consistent training on how to be a good student.

Posted May 16, 2013
My child is a student at OVCA Preschool. She has learned so much. Not just academically, but socially and spiritually as well. My older children graduated from OVCA years ago, and as great as it was, I see so many changes for the better. I strongly recommend OVCA to anyone interested in a great education and Godly leadership.

Ocean View Christian Academy
2460 Palm Avenue, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified Ocean View Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Ocean View Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top