K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

San Diego Jewish Academy 1

Posted July 14, 2015
Terrible leadership at every level. Losing great staff members every year! Student enrollment has been declining for the last three years. We need new leadership !!

San Diego Jewish Academy 4

Posted May 05, 2014
I was a student here from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. The lower school was a great experience for me, and I would recommend it for any elementary school student- the teachers make time to see you, and they have such great art, science, music, and jewish projects. The upper school, however, was a different story. True, some of the teachers and classes were fantastic, and I had an easy time learning in them. But the art and music classes offered were jokes, and there was not even one theatre class. It's all about succeeding, and having as many students as possible going to those Ivy League schools, just so the school looks great. But the humanities departments were amazing, and there are some wonderful teachers. Each school does have its pros and cons, really. And you won't find a drug problem or isolation at SDJA. It is a real community. When a teacher died, school was cancelled, so we could go to her funeral. When a boy in my grade had his appendix burst, we all went to visit him. So decide for yourself if you want to sacrifice your child's chance to take creative classes and meet more people, to go to a great college and be in a tight knit community.

Posted April 08, 2014
After 16 years at SDJA I believe it just keeps getting better. The best part of the school is the caring and supportive environment. With teachers supported in the execution of their professional craft, students benefit from a curriculum that is catered to their unique needs. Everyone, students and faculty alike, is encouraged to stretch themselves to reach their full potential by taking calculated risks and learning to "fail forward." The integration of technology is allowing for students to develop their creativity and innovation skills while connecting and collaborating with others across the globe. To round out the education, the students have classes in music, drama, PE, art, library. And if that isn't enough, Responsive Classroom and Design Thinking principles are employed school wide as the final piece to educating the whole child. Join our family, and you won't be disappointed.

Posted May 06, 2013
Hello, I'll do my best to tell you a little about SDJA from a parent's perspective. Our 2nd grade son has attended a few different schools (private immersion, a private jewish school, and a 5 star public school) so we have a pretty good grasp on his schooling and how he is learning/growing. What I'll say is that SDJA nourishes his overall development (core education, ancillary education, and character building). The educators and staff know my son and care about him. To the point when I pick him up after school I feel like I'm getting a better kid than I dropped off that morning. ;-) Oh, and the campus is gated, safe and beautiful. Now it's expensive, but they work with you and have a good financial assistance program. So if you can find a way to afford it you will not be disappointed. Honestly, we just really love this place.

Posted September 09, 2012
The San Diego Jewish Academy is a GREAT SCHOOL and we trust that it will always be.

Posted August 25, 2012
Hey I used to be a student that attends the SDJA. The SDJA works greatly on benefits of a full good life. It encourages aspect of both nourishment and academic achievement. I have recently graduated from Harvard University!!! Great School!

Posted August 23, 2012
Very professional school. Many activities. Greatest upper school music program with a great educator! Nurturing environment. Have observed preschool and find the curriculum and teachers to be superior to other preschools!

Posted May 28, 2012
I have two children at SDJA in the lower school. They are both very happy and challenged. The great thing about this school is that the teachers are very in tune with each individual student. They are aware if the student needs more difficult work than the rest of the class and they take extra time to create special coursework for these kids. The emphasis on character as well as academics sets the school apart. My children are learning to be citizens of the world who contribute to the betterment of the community around them.

Posted May 25, 2012
I have had 3 children at the SDJA and have been very pleased with their growth and development. They have turned into thoughtful and intelligent adults. Of the 2 that have graduated, both attend excellent colleges and my 7th grader is on the right path. I encourage enrollment in SDJA if you want our child to have an excellent jewish and secular education in a nurturing yet challenging environment. Respectfully submitted, a parent of 3!

Posted May 25, 2012
My child has attended SDJA since Kindergarten and is currently in High School. SDJA has been a fantastic school in every way and I am particularly thrilled as a high school parent that my child will reap all the college benefits of graduating from SDJA.

San Diego Jewish Academy
11860 Carmel Creek Road, San Diego, CA  92130
Last modified San Diego Jewish Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12