K-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

The academic expectations are high leading the students to be qualified to enter the next grade without any difficulty.

Classrooms are outdated. A large dirt lot is the open area for the children to play other than the play structure. The teachers seem to implement their own rules and policies in each class rather than standardization. If you have an issue with a teacher, good luck! The principal will just call it a misunderstanding. Not a good school.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter attended Kindergarten here and will be going back for 1st Grade. I am very happy with the progress my daughter has exhibited. In Kindergarten, they were made to do a fair amount of work in class and were sent back with reading and comprehension questions as homework. The year started off with just 20 minutes of reading. It then graduated to eading along with comprehension questions to answer on a worksheet. Later on the written book report was added. My daughter had to work on 1 book report per week. Finally they added the oral book report exercise which was more of a class work but I just made her practice a little bit at home or hear her once. I love Christ The Cornerstone Academy not only for their academics but also for the overall education that is imparting the right values to my child. Thank you so much Miss Brioness and Miss Liao for doing such a wonderful job with my daughter!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Christ the Cornerstone Academy has some of the best teachers in the nation. They have Master degrees, along with other degrees, and have ongoing education. Because of their level of education coupled with the love, kindness, and respect they show the children, they are highly effective!

Amount of homework: Agree

Christ the Cornerstone Academy does seat work in the classroom and an age appropriate amount of homework is sent home so parents can work with their children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son is five years old and attends preschool at Christ the Cornerstone Academy (CTCA). I initially planned to keep him there for preschool only. Now that he has been attending for two years we will absolutely keep him at Christ the Cornerstone Academy through fifth grade. The teachers and staff are amazing. They are highly educated, caring, and patient. My son has learned a lot and I attribute his new knowledge base to the education he is receiving at CTCA. They use an ABeka curriculum. That combined with the amazing teacher he has... he is reading, can write all his letters (and words), calculate simple math problems, and more. The teachers and staff members are wonderful and my husband and I have gotten to know most of them. They are a second family. The classroom ratio is very low. I believe it is 12:1 for preschool and 14:1 for elementary school. The small class size was one of our deciding factors to keep our son at the school for the duration of his elementary education. I never wanted him to get lost in a classroom of 28+ students and now we don't have to worry about that issue. Security is important to us as well with all the unfortunate events that have been happening on school campuses across the nation over the past several years. CTCA has a camera security system. Locking gates. One entry into the school (going past the office staff) and only one exit. They are consistently working to improve security to keep the safest environment possible. I can go on and on about the school as we feel so blessed to have found it. Bottom line is I would highly recommend this school!

I have two children in Christ the Cornerstone; one in preschool and one in Kindergarten. Being a military family, we are constantly on the move and it is usually our children that have the most difficulty coping with the change. With that being said, finding a warm, loving, understanding environment for my children is always my highest priority, second to none. I researched schools all over the area before settling on Christ the Cornerstone and I couldn't be any happier. The education that my boys are getting is top notch and only second to the amount of love and attention that they receive here. When my current Kindergartener first started school I was extremely apprehensive. He is a VERY rambunctious child who often has the attention span of a butterfly, but he already tests past a first grade level for public school and my preschooler would already test out of a public school Kindergarten! The Preschool rivals the grade school in every way and my youngest ADORES all of the preschool teachers, (Who often help one another). Everyone at CTC is wonderful and we are going to be sad to have to leave this school when the time comes as it has become part of our family!

CTCA is a great school! The teachers are compassionate and attentive to my kids. My kids are currently are in preschool and I plan to have them attend CTCA for kindergarten. I have seem my kids develop and learn much more that most preschoolers. My kids love school very much, they even want to go on the weekends. The curriculum is extremely high and they flourish in the warm and loving environment. It is extremely important to shape and guide the young minds at an early age. This learning experience is the backbone for their future education!

We made the right choice. When looking for an elementary school for our daughter we looked around at several schools. We finally decided on CTCA. When it was time for our son to start preschool we knew to send him to the attached preschool. The teachers are all wonderful and more then willing to help you when you have questions. The class size are small and the kids get the attention they need. I'm very pleased with the progress both of my kids have made at this school. My son already has a love for reading and will be starting kindergarten next year. My daughter loves going to school and I never here her complain about school. Can't say enough good things about CTCA.

Last modified Christ The Cornerstone Lutheran Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-5