K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 24, 2016
We love SDFAS! We started in Kindergarten and were warmly welcomed into the school community by a core group of families that had been here through preschool. Not speaking French at home has made it really fun to hear our son speak. This isn't high school French- it's the real deal. The school is excellent, the families and community around it are awesome, and hearing 4-5 different languages as parents drop off their kids changes the elementary school experience. It's been wonderful and we're excited about the years ahead! Join Us!

Posted March 23, 2016
My children (preschool age) have both started school at San Diego French American school over the past 2 years. We love it!! My husband and I lived in France for a year in college and it was an amazing experience we wanted to share with our children. SDFAS is a truly international community. Not only do the kids learn french (without an accent), but they are also exposed to new friends and different viewpoints from all over the world. Another thing we love at the school - all the lesson plans are amazing and specific to different educational goals. The day is quite structured, but the lesson plans include a variety of activities (i.e. pre-reading, math, science experiments, gardening, art, cooking and obstacle courses). I cannot recommend this school highly enough!!!

Posted March 21, 2016
SDFAS is an outstanding school. The classes are small, the teachers are great, and the school community very close. I love that my sons are learning in two languages and are exposed to a very international culture. They have been at the school for 7 years, and it is wonderful to watch them grow in this nurturing, yet highly stimulating and challenging environment. In a world that is becoming more international by the second, I believe that the education that SDFAS provides is about as close to ideal as you can get.

Posted January 04, 2016
We are extremely satisfied with SDFAS. Our two sons have been enrolled since PK and they have been offered a great education. Their French is at the same level any child their age has in France and their English is extremely strong. As an international family we find theses skills will help them succeed in any country or education system. Our children love their school.

Posted August 06, 2015
San Diego French-American School ("SDFAS") is, by far, the best Pre-K-8 program in San Diego. I wanted a rigorous academic environment and meaningful cultural experience for my daughter, and I'm so fortunate to have found SDFAS. It is a dual-language immersion school that turns out smart, culturally sophisticated kids, with super strong academics, particularly in math and science, and a mastery of the French and English languages, I have two older children who have gone through traditional private schools, and although they received a great education, it does not compare to what my younger child is learning and will continue to learn at SDFAS. When she graduates, she will be completely bilingual (she already can speak French beautifully and effortlessly without any exposure at home) and possess broad global knowledge, a strong work ethic and extraordinary academic discipline due to the intensity of completing a dual-language program. All this at a cost significantly less than other private schools in the area. The magic of SDFAS is hard to pinpoint, but it must be the combination of the exceptional quality of teachers and the truly diverse cultural experience. The academic program is difficult, but the teachers help their students succeed by being knowledgable and passionate, yet tough and results-oriented. The class size is small and students receive considerable individualized attention. The frequent feedback about her progress, both academically and socially, is remarkable and goes way beyond what I expected. The school is extremely diverse, with a student body representing something like 35 different nationalities, so students are exposed to languages and experiences from all over the world. I truly love SDFAS. I feel like I'm giving my daughter such a gift with bilingual education and she's truly becoming a "citizen of the world." I'm so excited about the possibilities that will be open for her after her experience at SDFAS. I can see already that she is developing into a hardworking, confident individual, after facing and overcoming the daily challenge of speaking in a language that she does not hear at home. She is also a culturally sensitive person, tolerant and respectful of others' differences. These are characteristics that are hard to teach, but are learned automatically at this very special school.

San Diego French-American School 1

Posted June 26, 2015
So bad French level!! My son stayed 2 years in that school, he was in 7th grade when he had test about 4th grade level!! Of course, he had always A, A+, sometimes A++ ??? What?? That's not what I am looking for. I don't want to pay a school who offers A to kids....They need to be challenged!! Next year, my son will enroll a public school and will follow Cned french program on saturdays mornings with OohLaLa French Language Tutoring :)

Posted August 06, 2014
Our children have attended SDFAS for 6 and 2 years respectively. We are English-speaking parents and both children are bilingual French/English (with expected gaps for vocabulary that would not covered in school). Additionally, they are well ahead of their English-only speaking peers in math and science. All the teachers have been wonderful however, our eldest's 3rd grade French teacher (F.T.) and English teacher (E.P) are both exceptional teachers that I would highly recommend to any parent. The pre-school staff is very compassionate and committed to nurturing students. Any incidents that have arisen during our six years at SDFAS have been swiftly dealt with by the administration to our mutual satisfaction. Tuition may be pricey but the education that our children are receiving is priceless.

Posted June 23, 2014
SDFAS is a great school. We are a French family living in San Diego and our teenager has just spend two wonderful years in the middle school. There are only 15 students per class and the teachers are very understandable, helpful in many ways and know so well our children. Since his first day at the SDFAS when he arrives in 6th Grade, our son enjoyed this school right away. Every student is welcoming the new students so easily, it was amazing to see how fast they all become friends. The school also organizes many after school activities that my son didn't know which to choose, several potlucks for Halloween, Christmas or other fun events. It's always a plesaure for the parents to meet the other parents. When you are new in the area, administrative people and parents are always here and ready to help you to make you feel good. This school is like a big family atmosphere where everbody is happy to be part of it. Now we are going back to France and our son is able to enter any school he wants to in France, even in International Section. So great experience, too bad it doesn't last!

Posted May 07, 2014
This is my son's forth year here, he started in the two year old preschool. We love it. The classes are small, the teachers are great and the administration awesome. I love that my son is learning two languages and is exposed to a very international culture. His vocabulary in both languages is amazing. More important, he loves going to school every day!

Posted February 28, 2014
We love the San Diego French American School (SDFAS)! I have two kids who came from a much-touted small charter school where they went from being far ahead in reading to way below their peer group. Then we came to SDFAS. The teachers and staff are superb! Friendly yet professional, they seem to gently exhort the children to do their very best work. The turnaround in my children is nothing short of stunning. Writing in cursive, in both English and French, and being eager to do homework! The math curriculum is the same as used in the French schools and is very intuitive and fun for my kids. Worth every cent!

San Diego French-American School
6550 Soledad Mountain Road, San Diego, CA  92037
Last modified San Diego French-American School is a Private school that serves grades K-8