San Diego, CA

Horizon Christian Academy 4

Posted June 18, 2014
Great Parent help program. Friendly staff, safe place for children to receive an education and learn morals and values. Provides a firm foundation for children.

Posted April 28, 2014
We love this school. It is such a blessing to have my kids spiritual and education needs attended to. The school administration, teachers, and after school care staff have all been wonderful.

Posted April 27, 2014
I would spend my last dime to keep my kids at this school. I have 4 kids ages 7 to 17. They have only gone to this school. It is true that they get a great education, small class sizes, great teachers and fun athletics. But the think that I love the most is that this is truly a Christ-centered school. Our oldest daughter just got accepted to her dream college, UCSD. Thanks Horizon!!

Posted March 03, 2014
I have had a daughter attend the elementary school (and later Jr. High/High School) from kindergarten on up. I am so grateful for the wonderful teachers, staff, and most of all spiritual guidance she received. My son, now in first grade, is also in the elementary school.. He has a fiery personality but with the structure of the classroom, and kindness of the teachers, he has really thrived. I love the balance of respect and fun that is instilled in the kids at this school.

Posted March 03, 2014
What can i say, small class size, great teachers, fair price, and amazing afterschool program all are reasons i make the 20 minute drive from my home to take my 6 year old there!!

Posted February 28, 2014
My son has been going to HCA since K, now he's in 1st Grade. We cant thank the faculty & staff enough for their dedication & kindness to our kids. Shoutout to Ms Kieger & Mrs Files for nurturing our wiggly fireball. We like their curriculum, after school program, enrichment classes, TrailLife USA program, & the family culture. Godwilling, we pray to keep our son at Horizon schools through High School.

Posted February 28, 2014
Our son has been attending HCA since preschool and we love it. The staff is great. Our son is getting a great education in environment filled with God.

Posted February 28, 2014
I love this school for the reasonable rates, great teachers, small class sizes, and centering on Christ.

Posted February 28, 2014
As an elementary school teacher I was extremely picky in choosing a school for my children. I had heard that the curriculum this school used about five years ago wasn t great so I spent much time looking through their curriculum and asking questions about the way they teach. I am extremely impressed with their current curriculum and the added fun they supplement to the daily teaching. The kids at this school are WAY ahead of their public school peers. And, even better, my children LOVE learning and enjoy school! Class size is aprox 15-21 per class with 2 classes per grade level. In my professional opinion, this school does everything well-- academics, extras (art, computer, music, P.E., daily Spanish, etc.), & has a wonderful loving environment. I also appreciate that they have a Power-Learning-Program for struggling students as well as though who excel above their peers at grade level. This school is a gem! I really encourage anyone considering it to tour it and ask to sit in on a class. The colorful classrooms, large playground, and friendly faces will ensure you don't regret your visit! This is a great elementary school- wish they were all this good!

Posted February 28, 2014
My daughter has been at this school for 3 years. Awesome school. I love it and she loves it as well. It is the best value for private school in San Diego. The teachers are committed, caring and wonderful. The school is focused on reading, writing and math but my daughter also has Spanish, music and p.e. All included by the way. I know that my daughter is learning to be a good student but she is also learning to become a "good citizen". They are consistently encouraged to be kind, giving, inclusive and forgiving. She is learning so much everyday. They also have the best before and after school program called HYP. It is affordable and is on campus. My daughter loves being there and wants to be there. HYP also offers summer camp and care on all "no school" days.

Horizon Christian Academy
4520 Pocahontas Avenue, San Diego, CA  92117
Last modified Horizon Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Horizon Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top