No rating

Maranatha Christian School

Private | K-12 | 551 students

Living in San Diego

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $600,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,970.

Posted July 1, 2014

We moved from out of state, mid-year, to this school and all three of our children have experienced kind, thoughtful teachers and students and have the opportunity to jump into the school culture. Academically, we couldn't be more pleased!

Posted September 2, 2013

We have had children in this school for over 10 years and couldn't be happier! The high school students are almost all accepted into the best of colleges and are strong spiritually as well as academically. Every teacher we've had from kindergarten through high school have been well educated, good teachers, and emotionally supportive. Especially under the new superintendent, the school is always striving to improve and expand the academic offerings, security for the kids on campus, performing arts, sports and extracurricular activities. Tuition is reasonable compared to other private schools in San Diego. We highly recommend!

Posted May 10, 2013

Words cannot express how much I love this school. My children are doing great, I love what I see academically and spiritually. I feel the homework has been appropriate from high school to the elementary. In my experience, the administration has been willing to listen to concerns expressed, but they do not conduct meetings immediately upon request. I think it is not a bad idea as it gives everyone time to ensure emotions are in check and goals are achieved.

Posted June 3, 2012

We have three children at Maranatha have been there for almost seven years now. This is an excellent school both spiritually and academically. I feel that the MAP scores are just as high and higher as the public schools in this area. My child also had a WONDERFUL 4th grade expereience with the same teacher the other person is talking about that did not have a good experience....The school is under a new superintendant now and he is making positive changes for our school. Our seniors are getting excepted into quality colleges and our sports programs are starting to excel. Our children are spiritually growing in their faith and are encouraged in positivel not negative ways. We are very happy with our overall experience at Maranatha.

Posted November 19, 2011

My granddaughter and grandson have gone there.My granddaughter was in first graduating class and grandson is in fifth grade. They both have loved it and didn't mind the homework. Wonderful teachers, learned a lot and in a great Christian atomasphere. Very pleased

Posted January 31, 2011

We have attended this school for several years. My son LOVED his 4th grade teacher and actually thinks it was his best year ever. The teachers have been nothing but caring and loving to our children. Although there have been a few concerns with administration in the past it has been nothing to leave the school over. No school is perfect and you can always find something with any school if you look under a magnifying glass. I can only speak for my family and say this is an excellent school in our opinion... Spiritually and Academically

Posted January 12, 2011

Dont waste your money at this school. The administration is horrible and they dont do anything about your concerns. Everyone so excited about the new campus they forgot the mission of the school. They need to fire that superintendent and elementary principal and start over. Constant poor decision making.

Posted November 18, 2010

Elementary lower grades are great; however, starting fourth grade please watch out as one teacher emotionally inflicts harm on students and administration does not listen. It was a terrible experience and we left soon after. There is a culture of hardline discipline that goes too far.

Posted July 19, 2010

A wonderful School. We are exteremely happy with the school, teachers and staff. Parent involment is high. This is an exceptional school and fairly decent tuition for its location.

Posted February 10, 2010

I agree with previous parent. the teachers give so much amount of homeworks specialy high school students it 's very hard for the students had different activity outside of school.

Posted November 20, 2009

I went to maranatha for most of my life from first grade to seventh grade and the school was good. As you reach high school and eigth grade they give an extreme amount of homework out and the principal and staff do not care about the complaint of students and parents.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 8, 2009

Maranatha is not a college prepartory school and falls short of some of the acedemic expectations of parents and children who expect a four year college as thier child's next step. The school's vision is focused on Christian based education but lacks a diverse and broad view of education and the world. Therefore, the staff, and students are 'clickish' and are not open to new people or ideas. I would recommend visiting the church a few Sundays to get a feel of the school community. Many parents expressed a concern regarding an unfriendly environment. I would consider public school or some of the surrounding Christian schools as an alternative. Not enough 'bang for the buck'.

Posted August 26, 2009

Maranatha is a wonderful school. I go to Maranatha as a junior higher and my peers are a phenominal infuence on my everyday life. The teachers are amazing too because of the one-on-one attention everone gets. The athletics program is a bunch of fun, and the after school programs aswell. Marnatha is the best school I have ever attended!
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 13, 2009

Marantha is to small right now to deliver a quality high education at the levels they are striving to. I hope they are able to grow to that level where they can big enough to offer the diverse programs they aspire to deliver. Students diverse ideas and engagement are not encouraged, there seems to be a culture the encourages and demands strict legalism and dogma.

Posted October 21, 2008

This will be my son's second year at Maranatha and we couldn't be more pleased! Both his Kindergarten and first grade teacher have been exceptional and dedicated. There is a really loving, caring atmosphere on campus, along with a real sense of pride and striving for excellence. We have lots of friends whose children attend school in Poway Unified, and what our son is learning at Maranatha has been more than comparable. We commute a long distance to come here, and will do so until our son is a senior if we have to...the school is that remarkable.

Posted April 7, 2008

I absolutely love this school! We switched from another Christian school and we see such a big difference in our 1st grader. They have awesome teachers! A great staff! A beautiful campus! It's been a great first year! Maranatha deserves more than 5 stars!

Posted September 11, 2007

Maranatha has exceeded all of my expectations. The teachers and staff are excellent. The new campus is gorgeous and the classrooms are bright and very spacious. The school offers many wonderful after school programs.

Posted September 18, 2006

The school addresses the academic, spiritual and physical needs of my children. This school has been a great experience! The new school building is beautiful!

Posted April 10, 2006

Excellent christian education, overall great school and atmosphere
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 18, 2005

This is an excellent school to learn about Christ and grow in intellect. The student to teacher ratio is around 20:2 to 25:2. They are in the process of expanding and building on property located 15 minutes northwest of the present RP location. An excellent all-around education with an emphasis of developing Christ-likeness.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Amy Youssi
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9050 Maranatha Drive