San Diego, CA

Posted May 02, 2015
Please don't waste your money at this terrible school. My child went to Maranatha k-4. Yes, there are some caring teachers in the lower grades but his 4th grade year was a nightmare. The teacher had obvious anger issues which she took out on many of the kids. The administration was also far too harsh with discipline, and did not take parent concerns seriously. My child switched to a fantastic local public school and the quality of education is 100 times better. He was so far behind in math from his years at Maranatha, we had to hire a tutor in order for him to catch up (yet Maranatha consistently gave A's to almost all students). My child is fortunately doing beautifully now. Don't believe the hype about this school. They do not practice what they preach.

Posted March 18, 2015
My son was having troubles, including bullying, at his neighborhood public high school. He transferred to Maranatha in the middle of the school year and has not looked back. He had 30 new friends after his first day of school. In his words, kids are "way, way nicer" at Maranatha. My son is an athlete working on acceptance to a D1 college athletic program. One huge factor in this transfer (besides the rigorous college prep academics and Christian curriculum) is the school's new Athletic Director and baseball coach. This school is undergoing a transformation into a place where serious athletes can develop with Christian coaches who will prepare them for athletic careers beyond high school. What a wonderful blessing!

Posted July 01, 2014
We moved from out of state, mid-year, to this school and all three of our children have experienced kind, thoughtful teachers and students and have the opportunity to jump into the school culture. Academically, we couldn't be more pleased!

Posted September 02, 2013
We have had children in this school for over 10 years and couldn't be happier! The high school students are almost all accepted into the best of colleges and are strong spiritually as well as academically. Every teacher we've had from kindergarten through high school have been well educated, good teachers, and emotionally supportive. Especially under the new superintendent, the school is always striving to improve and expand the academic offerings, security for the kids on campus, performing arts, sports and extracurricular activities. Tuition is reasonable compared to other private schools in San Diego. We highly recommend!

Posted May 10, 2013
Words cannot express how much I love this school. My children are doing great, I love what I see academically and spiritually. I feel the homework has been appropriate from high school to the elementary. In my experience, the administration has been willing to listen to concerns expressed, but they do not conduct meetings immediately upon request. I think it is not a bad idea as it gives everyone time to ensure emotions are in check and goals are achieved.

Posted June 03, 2012
We have three children at Maranatha have been there for almost seven years now. This is an excellent school both spiritually and academically. I feel that the MAP scores are just as high and higher as the public schools in this area. My child also had a WONDERFUL 4th grade expereience with the same teacher the other person is talking about that did not have a good experience....The school is under a new superintendant now and he is making positive changes for our school. Our seniors are getting excepted into quality colleges and our sports programs are starting to excel. Our children are spiritually growing in their faith and are encouraged in positivel not negative ways. We are very happy with our overall experience at Maranatha.

Posted November 19, 2011
My granddaughter and grandson have gone there.My granddaughter was in first graduating class and grandson is in fifth grade. They both have loved it and didn't mind the homework. Wonderful teachers, learned a lot and in a great Christian atomasphere. Very pleased

Posted January 31, 2011
We have attended this school for several years. My son LOVED his 4th grade teacher and actually thinks it was his best year ever. The teachers have been nothing but caring and loving to our children. Although there have been a few concerns with administration in the past it has been nothing to leave the school over. No school is perfect and you can always find something with any school if you look under a magnifying glass. I can only speak for my family and say this is an excellent school in our opinion... Spiritually and Academically

Posted January 12, 2011
Dont waste your money at this school. The administration is horrible and they dont do anything about your concerns. Everyone so excited about the new campus they forgot the mission of the school. They need to fire that superintendent and elementary principal and start over. Constant poor decision making.

Posted November 18, 2010
Elementary lower grades are great; however, starting fourth grade please watch out as one teacher emotionally inflicts harm on students and administration does not listen. It was a terrible experience and we left soon after. There is a culture of hardline discipline that goes too far.

Maranatha Christian School
9050 Maranatha Drive, San Diego, CA  92127
Last modified Maranatha Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Maranatha Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top