Posted December 13, 2012
I disagree with previous reviewer regarding Horizon academics. I have 2 overachieving kids that are thriving at this school. The biblical focus is awesome. The faculty and staff are awesome. Praise the Lord for this school.

Posted August 30, 2012
I was privilege to attend Horizon for my last 2 years of High School! When I came to this school the Principal told me something very profound..."I want you to get involved in this school! Be a leader, shine Jesus, and see what He wants to do with you in this School!" Horizon was an amazing experience from academics, worship team, drama, choir, sports, school spirit, Bible classes, art and much more! The students that wanted to do well in any of these areas simply had to have determination, and a desire to excel! I was very blessed by the faculty, students and families. The students that wanted to excel had every opportunity. Many of my fellow seniors graduated completing honors classes in college prep academics! All in all this school was an amazing, Godly environment that the Lord used to put me on the right tack in Him for life! Praise God!

Posted December 03, 2011
My niece attended school here and had a decent GPA. She did not take AP classes, but got into every college she applied for and received more than $70,000 in various local and national scholarships. She just graduated in 4 years from college with honors, so Horizon prepared her well. The love of the teachers and staff for the students was outstanding. They greatly supplement the Christian upbringing with their standards and the way they direct the students. Parents are very involved. It was a great school.

Horizon Junior/Senior High School 0

Posted November 21, 2009
My daughter attended for two years and was not pleased with the education. I felt the teachers were not well trained for all aspects of teaching in high school level. Their degrees questionable. Lots of favoritisim. At times it did not feel like she was in a christian school. Very poor communication from teachers on how your child was doing. Not worth all the money you pay for. She is doing better off in public schools.

Horizon Junior/Senior High School 3

Posted August 25, 2009
This school focuses highly on athletics. The academics, particularly for a high-performing child, is a low-point. My over-achieving child would have been better served academically by attending the local public high school. That being said, the counseling office is very accessible and has been helpful in providing advice for college entry. The teaching staff needs improvement overall. There is a high turn-over rate. There are a few great teachers here, but the school needs to bring in more higher qualified staff for the upper academic areas and to offer more honors and AP courses to be competitive with the local public high schools.

Horizon Junior/Senior High School 4

Posted January 12, 2006
I attended this school and loved it. I thought the academics were great and indeed challenging. I loved all the teachers. Extra curricular activities could use some help.

Horizon Junior/Senior High School 4

Posted November 03, 2005
- a former student
It can be a great school academically, but often the teachers seem to be more concerned with discipline rather than teaching. There is not a lot of diversity in the student or teacher population. Student-teacher relationships are cultivated and nurtured more so than at other schools. The teachers are available to the students academically and emotionally and will go out of their way to help their students. Overall it is a good school adequate in preparing young people for college.

Posted September 07, 2005

Posted June 27, 2005
- a staff

Horizon Junior/Senior High School 0

Posted June 23, 2005
My child didn't like this school and from the things he's told me, neither do I. The academics are a huge hit or miss depending on the teacher. Although rare, we've had a few teachers that my son has really learned anything from. Since it is a small school the admistration is very cliquey. Alot of the kids are very viscious for a 'christian school. We hope to take our son out of this school as soon as possible. it may stay the same at a public school, but at least we won't be paying for it!

Horizon Junior/Senior High School
5331 Mount Alifan Drive, San Diego, CA  92111
Last modified Horizon Junior/Senior High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Horizon Junior/Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top