Posted June 10, 2014
I love Allen. Two children have gone through the school and I could not be more pleased. Here's an average of 400 to 430 students which makes it itvery small and community-oriented. The teachers are all excellent, and the principal and support staff are very involved. Everyone knows everyone and that's a good thing when it comes to our children. It set my sons up very very well for middle school, and it is a real gem!

Allen Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2012
This School is average for most districts but way below average for Bonita Unified. The Teachers I have been in contact with seem to be tired and unmotivated. The Administration is down right rude at times. The principle seems to be unconcerned with parents and overly concerned with her uniform policy. The school may have been good a few years ago but has declined in recent years. My child looked forward to starting school until he started here. The schools seem to be forgotten by the district and the infrastructure upgrades I am paying for on my property tax do not seem to be taking place here.

Posted April 20, 2009
I love Allen. The teachers strive to give the students the best possible education. This year the school is under construction. Despite the less-than-ideal physical environment, the staff has rallied to keep the school safe and the learning environment stimulating. Bottom line: parents-teachers-students are working together at Allen.

Posted September 21, 2006
a comment about being 'third worst in the district': Allen scored 806 last year (05-06), and is typically lower than others because the communicatively disabled kids' scores are part of the overall rank. So outstanding for Allen to be over 800!

Posted August 21, 2006
Allen Avenue is a great school! As a working parent I truly appreciated the manner in which the principal handled the after-school program. While I support my child's education within the home, my schedule limits my ability to attend functions before 5:00. The school assisted me in obtaining an available adult to help my child and this truly made a difference. Thank you Dr. Lawson for accomodating those of us who have to work. Great job!

Posted February 15, 2006
We have had a very good experience with allen ave. My child has learned so much there. We have enjoyed all the teachers we have gotten to know and are looking foward to the next few years.

Allen Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted February 14, 2006
An outstanding after school reading program was introduced called 'Partners in Print' for parents and students to attend. It is taught by a retired teacher who is dedicated to raising reading comprehension, and test scores for Allen Avenue. The problem is that only about 15 to 20 families attend these meetings regularly, making me question the level of parent involvement and commitment. The test scores for Allen Avenue are the third worst in the district. Given this opportunity to improve their children's education, I am disappointed in the apparent apathy of the parents.

Posted April 03, 2005

Posted January 03, 2005
This is a great school. I like the fact that the students wear uniforms. The campus is well kept and the teachers focus on the whole spirit of the child.

Allen Avenue Elementary School
740 East Allen Avenue, San Dimas, CA  91773
Last modified Allen Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top