Posted April 17, 2014
This school really helped my kids . We came to America may. 2013 and enrolled thim with a minimum english knowlege. Now thay can read, write and speak english good . Thank you so much Ekstrand!

Posted August 04, 2009
I love Ekstand (bonita unifed school dist) there are not to many school dists that have before and after school care your child never leaves the campus.. The teachers are great and they try to keep parents update on there childen on how your child is doing.. I do think that the homework is a little to much..

Posted April 13, 2009
This school really helped my son. We came to America Aug. '06 and enrolled him with a minimum english knowlege. Now his a 6th grader who can read, write and speak english faster than his dad. Thank you so much Ekstrand!

Fred Ekstrand Elementary School 0

Posted February 02, 2009
I love this school! The teachers and principal seem to have students best interests at heart and will do whatever it takes for students to succeed. It is a sweet little school and the gem of BUSD.

Posted October 14, 2008
I have a son enrolled at Ekstrand, and I'm impressed with the levels and types of services he's receiving. His teacher quickly identified him as needing help in math, and enrolled him in the school's after-school tutoring. I like the way they seem to be looking out for him. Overall, I love the campus, the teachers are supportive, the secretaries are really nice, and the principal seems to actually enjoy being there. I'm happy we're there!

Fred Ekstrand Elementary School 1

Posted August 02, 2008
Ekstrand school deserves a big fat F on the grading scale. They need to get their act together. They lost 2 years of my child's records from 3rd to 4th grade. The parent-teacher involvement is very low compared to other schools. I would not recommend this school to my friends with small children.

Posted April 15, 2008
I am currently Ekstrand's PTA President. An must say together as a team we have worked so hard to continue to improve Parent and Teacher involvement. Along with supporting are extra school activities such as our family fun nights. In every school there is always room for improvement. Thats were us as parents play that key roll in getting involved and using our voices to make that difference for our children. The teachers and staff are such a great group here at Ekstrand and are there to help our children. Ekstrand has helped my children grow, as well as helped me to be the best parent that I can be . As the saying goes GO BOBCATS!!!

Posted March 23, 2008

Posted September 05, 2007

Posted March 27, 2007
Previously, I wrote a review on this web page that was a bit negative and now I am eating my words. Things have improved tremendously in the past five months. There appears to be a greater emphasis on each child's individual development. The extra-curricular activities and the after school activities really rock. I do not think you get this level of fun at any private school that I know of. The test scores still need to come up, however, and there needs to be a firm line regarding discipline in the classroom. Go Bobcats!

Fred Ekstrand Elementary School
400 North Walnut Avenue, San Dimas, CA  91773
Last modified Fred Ekstrand Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fred Ekstrand Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top