458 students|Bonita Unified

Bad
Good

My son's teacher in 1st grade is awesome..She is an exceptional teacher. She is loving and nurturing. She entices the minds of the children with technology! Way-to-go Mrs. Freeth!

This school really helped my kids . We came to America may. 2013 and enrolled thim with a minimum english knowlege. Now thay can read, write and speak english good . Thank you so much Ekstrand!

I love Ekstand (bonita unifed school dist) there are not to many school dists that have before and after school care your child never leaves the campus.. The teachers are great and they try to keep parents update on there childen on how your child is doing.. I do think that the homework is a little to much..

This school really helped my son. We came to America Aug. '06 and enrolled him with a minimum english knowlege. Now his a 6th grader who can read, write and speak english faster than his dad. Thank you so much Ekstrand!

I love this school! The teachers and principal seem to have students best interests at heart and will do whatever it takes for students to succeed. It is a sweet little school and the gem of BUSD.

I have a son enrolled at Ekstrand, and I'm impressed with the levels and types of services he's receiving. His teacher quickly identified him as needing help in math, and enrolled him in the school's after-school tutoring. I like the way they seem to be looking out for him. Overall, I love the campus, the teachers are supportive, the secretaries are really nice, and the principal seems to actually enjoy being there. I'm happy we're there!

Ekstrand school deserves a big fat F on the grading scale. They need to get their act together. They lost 2 years of my child's records from 3rd to 4th grade. The parent-teacher involvement is very low compared to other schools. I would not recommend this school to my friends with small children.

I am currently Ekstrand's PTA President. An must say together as a team we have worked so hard to continue to improve Parent and Teacher involvement. Along with supporting are extra school activities such as our family fun nights. In every school there is always room for improvement. Thats were us as parents play that key roll in getting involved and using our voices to make that difference for our children. The teachers and staff are such a great group here at Ekstrand and are there to help our children. Ekstrand has helped my children grow, as well as helped me to be the best parent that I can be . As the saying goes GO BOBCATS!!!

Previously, I wrote a review on this web page that was a bit negative and now I am eating my words. Things have improved tremendously in the past five months. There appears to be a greater emphasis on each child's individual development. The extra-curricular activities and the after school activities really rock. I do not think you get this level of fun at any private school that I know of. The test scores still need to come up, however, and there needs to be a firm line regarding discipline in the classroom. Go Bobcats!

I have a lot of cousins and siblings that have attended this school and I have been impressed with the staff and the curriculum. The after-school activities are fun and the level of parent involvement seems high. There are many opportunities to get your children involved in sports and other extracurricular activities. But my daughter's teacher seems unprepared and overwhelmed and has trouble handling the children.

Last modified Fred Ekstrand Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.