Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
There is a anti-bully class in place. The priest at their weekly Mass does a great job of including these topics in his homilies for the kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
By instilling strong Catholic values, the school has done a great job of developing these areas. Daily Religion class includes teachings about honesty, integrity and fairness.

Posted August 10, 2015
This prayerful and uplifting school has been such a gift to my family. The parents, faculty and parish have created a loving environment which promotes service and involvement in the community and Church. I feel that my children have been well-prepared for high school and beyond. They have learned the value of service and continue to serve because of the values established at Holy Name of Mary School.

Posted August 07, 2015
I have had one child graduate from HNM and another that is currently enrolled. The teachers and staff have done a great job preparing my child for high school. They have helped both of my children grow academically and spiritually. We feel this school has been a blessing for our children.

Posted March 20, 2015
This school has a good academic program. However if you are looking for a truly Catholic education than look else where. It's feels more like a protestant church and school than one with Catholic values. Most of the families are wealthy and their children suffer from "affluence". Each grade level is plagued with mean kids who like to single out newcomers or those who are not apart of the in crowd. School prefers to side with the mean kids as their are more of them and prefer to push off and blame the one kid who is getting harrased by the group. Majority of hnm kids are unfortunately never held accountable and thus the good Catholic families are turned off and leave. So if you want a decent education, and don't care about Catholic faith, nor care if your child becomes a snob or gets picked on, than Holy name of Mary is the school for you. Good luck.

Holy Name Of Mary 4

Posted May 07, 2014
We have been looking into this school. Can anyone expand on the negative reviews below? When teachers offer help because it is necessary, is it because the students are below average or because the teachers are not as skilled? What is the curriculum really like at this school and in what subject areas are the kids not prepared well for when they enter high school?

Posted December 19, 2013
I'm sad to say, as a parent & educator; I agree with the posts below. Yes, very involved parent community. Teachers offer help after school because its necessary. Amongst Catholic schools probably well rated which doesn't say much. Success depends heavily on the parent and household support.

Posted December 16, 2013
the school teachers are very involved in the learning of the children. Most of the teachers offer after school help and enrichment. They do this on their own time and there is a very large sense of community and family in this school. We moved from another highly rated Catholic school and couldn't be happier. The principal is a great asset to the school and the rest of the staff follows suit.

Posted November 25, 2013
My wife and I toured the school, it is overcrowded far too many students in every classroom. Our neighbor recommended it when we moved in. After inquiring with parents from my kids' sports and other local families; we found a fair amount of dissatisfied parents who have left, forced to leave and other who did not find the school prepared their students well for high school. Another family told us there are too many teachers with kids there and they favor their kids over other students. I found this appears to be true. The level they claim to perform at does not add up based on what we saw and heard, unsure of what metrics they utilize. We are NOT impressed with the school, student-teacher ratio and their fake commitment to quality education. It has a "pretense" of a great school but if you do research you will be disappointed.

124 South San Dimas Canyon Road, San Dimas, CA  91773