San Dimas, CA

Posted September 09, 2013
This school is amazing. Although we had only been here for a year, i can tell my child has grown both socially and academically. She was only in preschool but she had tremendous improvements in her reading and math. When i enrolled her in kindergarten, the teacher can tell right away that she had gone to preschool. Quality preschool is such a payoff. And this one surely was!

Posted June 06, 2013
Both my children went to Arrow Montessori for PreK and Kindergarten. My oldest went there when it was still on Arrow Highway and my youngest was able to go to the new campus. I love the curriculum in that school. The teachers specializes in individualized teaching. They allow the kids that have a higher learning capacity to go further than the grade level requires. I have also seen the children that do struggle get extra "help" until they are able to grasp that lesson. There are a lot of comments about the "no open door policy", I believe it's a good idea. The school felt so much safer knowing that only parents can come in and out unless they are checked in by Ms. Leslie. I was still able to have the open communication with my child's teachers when I picked up my child from school or when I would drop him off in the morning. I was always able to participate in their school functions as well. My only complain in that school is that it's just way to expensive which is why I took my kids out. But they instilled a foundation for love of learning in my children.

Posted October 13, 2012
For the past 2 months our twin toddlers have been attending the Arrow Montessori toddler program. During this time, both children have not only become more socially interactive but have dramatically excelled with their fine motor skills and vocabularies. Initially, we were apprehensive about sending them to school so early, but we have been so impressed by the staff and the positive learning environment. The twins are so excited to go to school and we believe this is a reflection of the friendly, caring, nurturing environment that is provided for them. Thank you Arrow Montessori for making this transition easy, not just for the children, but also for the parents.

Arrow Montessori School Of San Dimas 3

Posted September 24, 2012
My daughter was in their infant program last year, and we ultimately decided to move her this school year to a different toddler program. The kids in the infant program did seem to get what they needed, and the head teacher was wonderful. They also did activities with the kids, instead of just sticking them in a playpen all day long. We ultimately decided to leave after I have a very unpleasant exchange with the director, who never once apologized to me for her rude behavior. I was also not thrilled with their lack of discipline when it came to biting, and how nap time was not a priority. I was also not in love with the toddler program that she would be going into had we stayed. The toddler room was connected to the infant room, so I saw went on in there on a daily basis. One afternoon I walked in and all the toddlers were zoned in front of the TV, which in my book is not appropriate when paying good money for a daycare. Another day I walked in to hear a teacher screaming at child. (Keep in mind this is an 18-30 month room.) The teachers also did not stay consistent, and they would waking the kids up after an hour of nap time, even if they were still sleeping.

Posted February 07, 2012
I am a parent of two boys in this school. I don't know why they are making a big issue about the no open door policy when I can get in and out of this school anytime I need to drop off something to my boys especially to my preschooler. As a matter of fact, I think this going thru the reception when you need to see your children is for the best interest of our kids. I can be assured that only legitimate parents and guardians have access to this school. I value security like all parents. It seems like there's a hate campaign going on to discredit this school. Too bad for other parents who will be sway by these unfounded allegations. The school's curriculum is the best in our city. I love also the fact that most teachers are Asians for they are very caring, hands on and competent. Even my niece who graduated here in Middle School has only praises for her old teachers. I hope by this review this school will be given the fair share of respect that it deserves as it continues to provide my kids with the highest quality of Montessori education and TLC when I am busy at work. More power to Arrow Montessori School and my heartfelt thanks to all the preschool and elementary teachers!

Posted February 06, 2012
My two children have been attending this school for the past 6 years. In these years We have seen them learn and grow and become confident and happy young students. They have gained so much knowledge. The teachers and the academic program is excellent. We also commend the school for implementing the "No open door policy" during regular class hours. This policy allows the teachers to provide students with their undivided attention and also enables the students to continue lessons un-interrupted.I definitely wouldn't want Parents and visitors interrupting my children during class time.I know that visitors are allowed in the classrooms after and before regular class sessions.We always touch bases with the teachers when we pick our kids up. My husband and I couldn't be happier!!! Because we really do believe that this is a wonderful school!

Arrow Montessori School Of San Dimas 1

Posted November 15, 2011
My child had been attending this school for many years and I too disagree with the No open door policy. For all those parents who still have their child at this school (right next door to the freeway, please do your research on this) should know that this policy is against title 22 a California law stating that parents have the right to see their child s class room or teacher at any given time of the day, it s your right. This includes dropping and picking up your child. ALSO, the teacher who is making the statement that other schools have this type of policy should re-evaluate his/her comments because I don t believe any schools in the San Dimas area allow this. Lining up in the reception area to hand your child off to the receptionist is not a policy that should be allowed. I think knowledge is important and parents should always feel comfortable knowing what type of environment their child is in. It is great to see that other parents are voicing their concerns. I will not be sending my child back to this school so unfortunate.

Posted September 13, 2011
Thank you for voicing out your concerns regarding our new school policies. We are here to listen and work out all possible alternatives with you. The drop off and pick up routine is a school policy that most public and private schools adhere to and it works for the best with the intention of your child's SAFETY and the goal of LEARNING in their prepared environment with the least possible distraction. This policy will take effect only when classes are in session. We'd like to give your child our 100% while at school. Communication with your child's teacher will now be arranged AFTER your child's regular class session between 4:00 and 5:30 p.m. At this point, we are working on an email alternative as another means of communication with your child's teacher. Once again, thank you for your honest comments and opinions. We value them as well as your loyalty to our school. We will strive to work with you to continue to make ARROW MONTESSORI SCHOOL a place to LEARN,LOVE,and PLAY.

Arrow Montessori School Of San Dimas 2

Posted September 06, 2011
This schools has the makings of excellence-- great, caring, teachers, wonderful learning materials. My child has been at this school for 3 years and there was such closeness between parents and children. That has been completely taken away with the "No Open Door Policy"-- parents. Where is the transparency and small town feel? Why do here when you have the option of Sutherland Elementary? Let's hope Arrow changes... and soon!

Arrow Montessori School Of San Dimas 2

Posted September 06, 2011
This school had been one that we had really liked the last couple of years - but the new "closed door policy", and the small playground that K-8 share, the kids eating outside in all types of weather is making me think about "home schooling" instead. The owners and principal are unwilling to bend on any issues. There are many upset parents since the move to the new and "better" school.

Arrow Montessori School Of San Dimas
818 West Gladstone Street, San Dimas, CA  91773
Last modified Arrow Montessori School Of San Dimas is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Arrow Montessori School Of San Dimas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top