San Fernando, CA

O'melveny Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2013
Teacher are qualified to train kids, they give up easily on children that straggle in learning, they don't have a plan how to help the kids and they don't involved the parent for the kids education..

O'melveny Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2012
You can't be 4 out of 5 stars on the fake scale when you are 4 out of 10 on a real scale. 2 out of 5 would be correct if the community weren't less than 4s.

O'melveny Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2011
We have our youngest and I have no idea what they are doing. At other schools( been at 3 now with older kids), we were always sent home a weekly packet to show what they are covering for the week, when they have their spelling tests etc..Even at the back to school the teacher asked why do I need a parent conference???? What!!! Usually teachers welcome this..and give specific times and days! I get homework back occasionally that has no notes..not even a happy face..so I always send it back thinking the teacher didn't see the work...again no clue..the website hasnt been touched since 2006?? No money in budget..PLEASE! Oh and finally, we don't get any calls..no reminders..update of anything...very sad!

Posted August 14, 2011
I am a parent with a child of special needs, so I am rating the school based mostly on the Special Education Dept. The special ed. teachers are excellent...I would actually say they are the best of the best. My child is now moving on to middle school, and I have never been so sad to have to say goodbye. The school also hired a new principal two years ago which made a tremendous difference on improving the general education, and moral of the school. I truly cant express enough on what a wonderful school this has become, and the difference it has made on my child...academically and socially.

Posted May 08, 2010
the schools score has been growing greatly in the past decade.

O'melveny Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2009

O'melveny Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
It all depends on who the teacher is. Very few teachers work really hard. It is very obvious who these teachers are. As parents we need to be involved in our kids education. If something is not working then we must act quickly to resolve the upcoming problems. Attend Back to School Night, parent conferences, etc.

O'melveny Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2008
I would'nt recomend this school if you have a child who is learning a faster pace than the rest of the kids in the classroom. Don't get me wrong the school has great teachers, but they seem to hold the fast learners back with the rest of the class.

Posted June 21, 2007

Posted September 18, 2006
I love O'Melveny!! My son is in the special day class. The teachers are wonderful! They have great patience with the students. My son is very happy to go to school everyday! Mrs. Richardson(asst principal) is awesome! Always available when I need her! Keep up the hard work!

O'melveny Elementary School
728 Woodworth Street, San Fernando, CA  91340
Last modified O'melveny Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O'melveny Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top