San Fernando, CA

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 1

Posted September 03, 2014
This school has been up in the air for the past 4 years. Hope fully with the fully dedicated principal on campus, solely dedicated to being a principal, there may be a brighter future.

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 4

Posted February 24, 2014
I love this school. I moved my child here from another Catholic school in the valley. Staff is very dedicated and actually takes the time to hear your concerns. Also, the school community is big on the safety of the children.

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 4

Posted February 01, 2013
Overall, the school has a lot to offer. The staff is very caring and dedicated. Students appear to have pride in their school especially with the new connection to Alemany High School. However, not all promises are kept. The new TK program is still in the hall. Parents were told the completion would be done shortly after school starting. Seven months later the program is still in the hall. The students in all grades have nothing to do during breaks. There are no bikes, apparatus or play ground equipment so the portion of outdoor play is really not included in the curriculum. The on site principal is nice but rarely goes in the classrooms. The principal from Alemany who is the "true principal" has yet to step foot on this campus. Overall good intentions and caring staff but not everything happens as promised.

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 5

Posted July 31, 2011
I agree this school is a gem. The school has now partnered with Bishop Alemany High School. Exciting things are happening in all aspects of the school. The school is not only undergoing facilities upgrades, new teachers are bringing a new look at strengthening the curriculum of the school. Religion and faith formation will remain an important part of the school. This school is going places, if you are looking for a top notch school in the San Fernando Valley check out Santa Rosa Bishop Alemany Elementary School.

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 5

Posted September 15, 2010
My son graduated from Santa Rosa last year, and my daughter is in the 5th grade. My son has gone on to Bishop Alemany High School. Both of my children not only received a great education at Santa Rosa but they also received faith formation that will help to guide them where ever they go.

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 3

Posted March 25, 2010
I ve had my child at this school for 2yrs now. This school is lacking on organization and the communication with the parent s. There has been many occasions where the children are not giving the tools they are required to do an assignment. The principal seems to come across very rudely at times. She seems to get annoyed when issues are brought up to her. It s unfortunate but I will not be enrolling my child for the next upcoming year.

Posted September 27, 2009
i think this scjhool is trying its best . everyone should want to put their children in this school. we have our goals and we r almost there. the best part is the computer class and the physical eduation and the lunches they have improved. go sister !

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 3

Posted May 25, 2005
This is an update from a previous parent reviewer. New leadership occurred in August of 2004, and with it, several much needed changes. First, the principal is a woman of integrity, and her values translate right on down the line from the faculty and staff through to the students. Though the teaching staff still will benefit from being better qualified, it is leaps and bounds above where it was in June of 2003 and June of 2004. Moreover, the honesty and love by the principal has begun to heal the damaged parents and students. Time will tell, but I am betting the school will continue to improve. The enrollment, which had slid dismally into the redline area, is creeping up this coming year. Keep it up, Sister Antoinette!

Posted April 14, 2005
Great moral values. Recomended.

Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany 1

Posted May 17, 2004
Being a past student, I was expecting Santa Rosa to have the same or greater school community spirit and reputation it had when I attended. That was one of the main reasons I choose to send my children there, much to my dismay it has been a great disappointment and has failed my children spiritually, emotional, and academically. The principal needs to be replaced, her unchristian-like tactics are destroying this school. This is no longer my school, and I'm very sad about that fact. The children are constantly being given contradicting examples of behavior and information on the part of most of the staff. They are also shown no appreciation for any of their efforts. There are many families that have been with this school for decades that will not be returning next year because of numerous situations where the principal has the back of the teacher, never the student.

1316 Griffith Street, San Fernando, CA  91340
Last modified Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Santa Rosa / Bishop Alemany Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top