Posted July 25, 2014
I have 2 children that currently attend St. Ferdinand Catholic School. They love their school and the teachers. Both my kids are doing great both Academically and Spiritually. Since Mr. Ambriz started at St. Ferdinand School, there has been many positive changes. New teachers, technology program and music program. We where voted Best Elementary School in San Fernando. I am very happy with the staff and faculty. I would really encourage families to give St. Ferdinand Catholic School a chance. The school office secretaries are very nice and helpful, they always answer any questions I have. I recommend St. Ferdinand Catholic School to any parent that wants to see a positive change both academically and spiritually.

St. Ferdinand Elementary School 1

Posted December 31, 2013
this school has gone down hill since sister Eleanor, you used to feel welcome to the school and she was always available. Now, it is rare that u see the principal there. I see the kids struggle just putting up the flag while he stars there not helping them. This school is just about money. My child always complains about the homework and how the teacher don't explain or help them. i am really disappointed

Posted July 30, 2013
I couldn't be happier w/ this school & the education they offer. I appreciate how open the lines of communication are between parents & staff. This school has afforded me the possibility of purchasing 2 iPads without the blow to my bank account! I read a negative review related to the iPads & iPads ONLY. Yes the iPads did not come in immediately in fact it took a lot longer than anyone expected. However, to give this school a negative review solely on the arrival of the iPads is a little petty in my opinion. But than again I am one of those parents that wasn't able to pay for 2 iPads up front. The cost of the iPads were divided into the monthly tuition! =D Another bonus, we will be able to do the same with Mac books(x2)! I, of course, can only write this review based on personal experience. So far my kids are doing very well. I really couldn't be happier. I love that I can volunteer at the school whenever I want & be totally & completely involved in my children's school/education. In the two years that my family has been with this school, we have felt welcome by both parents & staff alike. I would recommend this school to any parent truly interested in their child's education.

St. Ferdinand Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2013
This is our second year having a child in the pre-k programs. The pre-k director Mrs. Ramirez is great. Keeps all the parents informed, even going the extra mile to send reminder, childrens accomplishments with home work, and extra events such as childrens birthdays. If you looking for a school that will make your child feel special from the beginning this is it. The principal is also great, communicating with the parents via newsletters, you will always see him each morning, and at the end of the day, so if you need clarification or assistnace he makes himself available. I couldn't be happier with this school, looking forward to next year. If you need extra assistance with after school care, they offer that too at a valuable rate ($). Parents that want to get involved and be a part of their childs education this is the school for you. It's very encourage and getting to know the other parents make the events alot of fun and gives your children courage to socialize.

St. Ferdinand Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2012
Beautiful new campus. The changes are wonderful! Exciting new separate campus for the middle school. The new classrooms with bathrooms for the preschool are fantastic. Love the canges, looking forward to this school year.

St. Ferdinand Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2011
Still waiting for the ipads. We paid for ours in full so why do we have to wait for the financing to come through...No answers at all. Very dissapointed. No one is giving us an update. Blame is placed on every other person involed and not the principal who started this...

Posted November 03, 2010
My two kids started school few months ago and I could not be any happier. The principal and teachers are great. The principal is very hands-on, teachers are highly qualified and PTF are phenomenal. My kids are very happy in the school and I love the feel of community in this close knit school. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Posted September 20, 2010
As an educator myself I have to say that Saint Ferdinand's school is a remarkable school. Any child that attends receives a fantastic education and is treated kindly and is given one-on-one attention. The administration is also incredible and is kind to each person that steps foot onto the campus. The principal is one of a kind. He takes his job very seriously and expects his children/students to take their jobs as learners seriously as well. The staff is expected to be professional and to continue their education as needed. Looking into this school as I did, you would be silly not to send your child. Everything is amazing about this school.

St. Ferdinand Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2010
Although there has been a newness to the school with a new administration, plant improvements and end of the year technology, the school is suffering from a positive, safe environment. My child has complained about kids being mean to each other, students not behaving in class and getting a great deal of homework nightly. Teachers who have been teaching there for years have just disappeared and us parents and our kids are not given a reason for their departure and are told not to discuss this issue. It seems that there is a lack of control and that some parents are in charge by giving negative emails. Service hours are not accurate and the principal is not easily accessible. My biggest concern is that I cannot see what direction the school is going in the future. There is too much turmoil!

St. Ferdinand Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2010
Wow were do I start ? It has been a good 6 years since my children have been at St. Ferns. My oldest is now attending Alemany High and is doing well. I still have two more left and wondering whats going to take place. With a new school principal I still hope the school will turn out to be one of the great schools in the valley. It has its battle of parents and facualty but it is something that can be worked on. As an educator in LAUSD I do believe that, this school is the right place for my children. It is a work in progress.

St. Ferdinand Elementary School
1012 Coronel Street, San Fernando, CA  91340
Last modified St. Ferdinand Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Ferdinand Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top