Posted April 08, 2014
This school has an excellent staff. Unlike most schools where teachers do not get familiar with their students this school does. Some teachers stay after school just to help their students. I have sat in on a few different teachers, and they have great teachers. The education is a dual curriculum. They have Judaic studies as well as secular. To teach about the Judaic studies they have people from Israel come to San Francisco, and teach. These people who come from Israel are volunteers. Not only does the school have an amazing curriculum, but also to get closer to the Israeli teachers who not only teach you, but they also help you with life decisions, and become close to you as friends. These Israelis host a shabath meal were you stay in their house have a meal prepared by them, and you talk and have a nice time. The Lisa Kampner Hebrew Academy is a safe environment in which bullying, and other things are not tolerated. Most of the students in the school are on scholarship, and from what I have heard from the students themselves is that they love the school, and it is a second home for them. You can see that it is a good school from all the people getting into great colleges.

Posted June 01, 2011
My wife and I are active in our synagogue and our son attends Hebrew school. So when it was time for him to go to kindergarten, we checked out the Hebrew Academy. Class sizes are small, which is great but the instructions seemed rigid. In conversation with the teacher who was giving me a tour I was told that 95% of the families are not practicing Jews. When I mentioned that my wife had converted at a Reformed synagogue she shook her head, tisked, and told us how our son would have to be re-circumcised! We don't believe in 'Poof you're a Jew'. Needless to say, I left. I found the intolerance inane and insufferable.

Posted October 05, 2008

Posted August 10, 2008

Posted March 25, 2008

Lisa Kampner Hebrew Academy 3

Posted January 22, 2008
The negatives:The school has a lot of potential but due to continued money issues, the school is on the decline. Some of the classrooms are not in good shape. It often can not pay teacher on time and therefore, often can not retain teachers for more than a year. Although the school prizes on Judaic studies, the reality is that for the past four or so years, hebrew and judaic studies have been taught by young men and women from Israel who have no professional training in being teachers. There is also no PTA in the school and the Dean discourages parent participation. This is one of the biggest downfalls of the school. The positives: The class sizes are small and many kids feel very comfortable there. The school produces high school graduates that attend some of the top universities in the country. The school has a great English/drama teacher.

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted October 27, 2006

Posted May 20, 2006
- a former student
Safety, discipline, teachers qualities, principals and deans leadership male this school the best. I spent all my high school years there, for me it was more like a second home, and the teachers were my second parents. Discipline is on very high level, students respect all the taechers, and the students. Best drama club, art, a lot of fund raising, there is no need for parents involvement because the students are doing everything themselves along with their teachers. And have you seen their college attendance, 100% go to best colleges, become doctors, lawyers, you name it. Teachers are the best, they are our friends in all aspects. Highly recommend this school for jewish families. Very safe, clean, in the heart of san francisco.

Posted March 15, 2006
This is great school with a lot of personal attention to each student due to small class size-about 8 kids in pk-2nd grade.Hot Lunch are provided by school. Teachers are very expierienced and cooperative. This school is for pk-12 grade wich eliminates future problems with high school admission procces.

Lisa Kampner Hebrew Academy
645 14th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94118
Last modified Lisa Kampner Hebrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Lisa Kampner Hebrew Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top