San Francisco, CA

Posted April 26, 2014
Graduated from high school here! Amazing independent school. You go to class once a week for 45min and you get hw assignments to take home. Do your hw, and you will graduate

Posted January 03, 2010
I was on a comittee reviewing all types of schools in SF. San Francisco Public School District is great at coming up with, and offering 'altervative schools' for kids having trouble in regular high schools. Independence is just one of these amazing schools, offering smaller class sizes and more personal attention when needed. Kudos to Independence High School!!

Independence High School 3

Posted September 29, 2009

Posted April 14, 2009
This is the best school ever. The kids are taught to manage their own time, hone and harness their talents, able to work part time and focus their lifelong goals in life. The special ed. personnels are terrific and I will recommend this school to everyone

Posted December 10, 2008

Independence High School 0

Posted April 24, 2008
best decision ever, my daughter attended a all girls high school in sf which I thought would further her future, i was wrong, there was a huge lack of positive reinforcement for her. After attending independance, my daughter has improved all of her grades, studies hard, works part time and is a much happier person. I learned a lesson thinking private schools in sf were better for kids than public ones. It just isnt true!

Posted February 17, 2008
I think its a good school. I do work at my convenience at a very flexible due date. I'd prefer this to my kids if this is the path they chose. They're really no downs about this school other then the social life. Friends are usually made off campus.

Posted December 01, 2007
I have a son who was in a main stream public school before we decided to switch him into independance. The switch was made due to substance abuse problems and a bad rap academically in his previous school. I had my doubts however because of Independances non traditional learning style and the fact he was never a 'self starter'. Everything worked out though as the staff was more than outstanding on transforming him into a better person and the extra time allowed him not only to work out all his personal problems, but to also train himself into having better time management skills that will serve him forever. In retrospect, an invaluable decision.

Independence High School 4

Posted May 07, 2006
My daughter was having a difficult time in her regular public school. It was due to some personal problems not so much the school. She went from an A-B student to failing in a year. It would be almost impossible for her to catch up and be able to graduate. I made the decision to transfer her to Independence High School. I had concerns since she has to manage her time well to keep up with her work. She is doing great and has brought her grades back up to A/B's again. She will be probably be able to graduate early. For us, it was a great decision.

Posted November 22, 2004

Independence High School
1350 7th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94116
Last modified Independence High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Independence High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top