Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I feel grateful to Ms. Cris Turienzo because she made an extra effort to help my son catch up in Spanish this year and she believed in him.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 18, 2015
Principal Dr. Lynch has done a great job. She's strong and caring and has lots of experience.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I've seen some struggling students, or with behavior problems having spent time with very patient staff and teachers improve over time.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Again, PLAYWORKS help kids get along and feel empathy for one another. They help a lot in preventing bullying.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Good communications and also, playworks help kids play well and fairly together. We have some families that speak Spanish only and some English only. School officials has done well in different communicating methods for different needs.

Posted November 18, 2015
I'm so glad we found this school. We actually was assigned another popular Spanish immersion school in the noe valley from SFUSD lottery but decided to go for TECA back in 2014. My son is in first grade now and loves his school, teachers and friends. The daily art program is great and teachers are very experienced and loving.

Posted November 14, 2015
Thomas Edison Charter Academy is a TK-8 school that supports all kinds of children and has very diverse teachers. The principal is steadfast and extremely experienced. She's been here for 2.5 years and making incredible changes to the great benefit of all. The children get excellent academics as well as a creative arts class (music, dance, visual arts, theater, media arts) or PE every single day of the year. Children who are below level, above level, and/or need help with social issues receive extra support. We are happy to send our child here!

Edison Charter Academy 4

Posted April 14, 2014
I have twins that they started kindergarten spanish inmersion banck in August 2013. I was worry about my son, because we had very serious dificulties at pre-school were he couldn't finished. My son was almost every day at the principal's office because his behavior, he not responding to any direcctions from teachers, I can tell you I worked a lot with the school to make my son life easy at school and at home, but nothing looks to work out, this also was afecting my daugther life at pre-school. As they started my son was showing behaviors, that we start working together with teachers, first a bracelete marking faces as he behave every class, did not work but teachers and principal decide that he will have his on desk, that way he will be able to enjoy the class little by little, and it was as a miracle to everybody, my son is able to learn, teacher is able to control the class better and he is more confident as he feel special at his own desk, up today he can enjoy circle time for reading and be focus. I really apreciate the time for the teachers and principal in my son behavior, and also i put my son example to other parents that we have to have faith in our kids. Thanks TECA!

Posted October 29, 2013
I love the school it has all my son need ,the teachers and programs are much more that I was told love it!!!!!!

Posted October 24, 2013
My kids love TECA we are so happy to have found our new Principal Ms Lynnh. and our dance class is back. and also our art program my kids are so happy with afterschool program all after school teacher are great specially Ms Rosa and Every Monday and Thursday we meet with our principal in the cafeteria to get new updates and information about all events that will take oplace at TECA.

3531 22nd Street, San Francisco, CA  94114
Last modified Edison Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.