Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Good communications and also, playworks help kids play well and fairly together. We have some families that speak Spanish only and some English only. School officials has done well in different communicating methods for different needs.

I'm so glad we found this school. We actually was assigned another popular Spanish immersion school in the noe valley from SFUSD lottery but decided to go for TECA back in 2014. My son is in first grade now and loves his school, teachers and friends. The daily art program is great and teachers are very experienced and loving.

Thomas Edison Charter Academy is a TK-8 school that supports all kinds of children and has very diverse teachers. The principal is steadfast and extremely experienced. She's been here for 2.5 years and making incredible changes to the great benefit of all. The children get excellent academics as well as a creative arts class (music, dance, visual arts, theater, media arts) or PE every single day of the year. Children who are below level, above level, and/or need help with social issues receive extra support. We are happy to send our child here!

I have twins that they started kindergarten spanish inmersion banck in August 2013. I was worry about my son, because we had very serious dificulties at pre-school were he couldn't finished. My son was almost every day at the principal's office because his behavior, he not responding to any direcctions from teachers, I can tell you I worked a lot with the school to make my son life easy at school and at home, but nothing looks to work out, this also was afecting my daugther life at pre-school. As they started my son was showing behaviors, that we start working together with teachers, first a bracelete marking faces as he behave every class, did not work but teachers and principal decide that he will have his on desk, that way he will be able to enjoy the class little by little, and it was as a miracle to everybody, my son is able to learn, teacher is able to control the class better and he is more confident as he feel special at his own desk, up today he can enjoy circle time for reading and be focus. I really apreciate the time for the teachers and principal in my son behavior, and also i put my son example to other parents that we have to have faith in our kids. Thanks TECA!

I love the school it has all my son need ,the teachers and programs are much more that I was told love it!!!!!!

My kids love TECA we are so happy to have found our new Principal Ms Lynnh. and our dance class is back. and also our art program my kids are so happy with afterschool program all after school teacher are great specially Ms Rosa and Every Monday and Thursday we meet with our principal in the cafeteria to get new updates and information about all events that will take oplace at TECA.

TECA is proving to be a great choice for our family. My son is in one of the dual-language kindergarten classes and is thriving. He's made great leaps in learning just since the beginning of the school year despite having no prior Spanish. We chose TECA for the dual-language program and the daily arts "specials" classes. What is hard to see on a tour is the quality of instruction and we haven't been disappointed. His teachers are great and the new principal is fantastic- she thinks big while maintaining focus on the day to day. I feel very welcome as a volunteer in the school and there have already been quite a few school community events to allow us to meet other families. For example, we recently completed a small greening project in the kindergarten courtyard which has enhanced the school grounds and will be a great learning tool for the kindergarteners. We're looking forward to our son's future at TECA.

TECA is an extremely diverse school in students, families, teachers, and administration in terms of race/ethnicities, socio-economic status, religions or lack thereof, and the straight-gay spectrum. My GE kindergartner is learning a ton and enjoying it. His teacher is excellent. TECA provides an academically rigorous program balanced with great arts programing. Having a uniform makes getting out the door in the morning super easy. This is a school on its way up and great for parents and families who want to dig in and make things happen. If you want a big, all kinds of people place, this is the school for you!

I have substituted at Thomas Edison Academy and find it to be an excellent place of learning. Students are courteous and very disciplined in their behavior and academics. I rate it 5 stars. Perfection!

Creative and nurturing environment. Caring and competent staff. Community opportunities abound--for students and families alike. I am so happy my son is in the dual immersion class, and is learning Spanish and English skills.

Last modified Edison Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.