Posted April 14, 2014
I have twins that they started kindergarten spanish inmersion banck in August 2013. I was worry about my son, because we had very serious dificulties at pre-school were he couldn't finished. My son was almost every day at the principal's office because his behavior, he not responding to any direcctions from teachers, I can tell you I worked a lot with the school to make my son life easy at school and at home, but nothing looks to work out, this also was afecting my daugther life at pre-school. As they started my son was showing behaviors, that we start working together with teachers, first a bracelete marking faces as he behave every class, did not work but teachers and principal decide that he will have his on desk, that way he will be able to enjoy the class little by little, and it was as a miracle to everybody, my son is able to learn, teacher is able to control the class better and he is more confident as he feel special at his own desk, up today he can enjoy circle time for reading and be focus. I really apreciate the time for the teachers and principal in my son behavior, and also i put my son example to other parents that we have to have faith in our kids. Thanks TECA!

Posted October 29, 2013
I love the school it has all my son need ,the teachers and programs are much more that I was told love it!!!!!!

Posted October 24, 2013
My kids love TECA we are so happy to have found our new Principal Ms Lynnh. and our dance class is back. and also our art program my kids are so happy with afterschool program all after school teacher are great specially Ms Rosa and Every Monday and Thursday we meet with our principal in the cafeteria to get new updates and information about all events that will take oplace at TECA.

Posted October 21, 2013
TECA is proving to be a great choice for our family. My son is in one of the dual-language kindergarten classes and is thriving. He's made great leaps in learning just since the beginning of the school year despite having no prior Spanish. We chose TECA for the dual-language program and the daily arts "specials" classes. What is hard to see on a tour is the quality of instruction and we haven't been disappointed. His teachers are great and the new principal is fantastic- she thinks big while maintaining focus on the day to day. I feel very welcome as a volunteer in the school and there have already been quite a few school community events to allow us to meet other families. For example, we recently completed a small greening project in the kindergarten courtyard which has enhanced the school grounds and will be a great learning tool for the kindergarteners. We're looking forward to our son's future at TECA.

Posted October 10, 2013
TECA is an extremely diverse school in students, families, teachers, and administration in terms of race/ethnicities, socio-economic status, religions or lack thereof, and the straight-gay spectrum. My GE kindergartner is learning a ton and enjoying it. His teacher is excellent. TECA provides an academically rigorous program balanced with great arts programing. Having a uniform makes getting out the door in the morning super easy. This is a school on its way up and great for parents and families who want to dig in and make things happen. If you want a big, all kinds of people place, this is the school for you!

Posted September 26, 2013
I have substituted at Thomas Edison Academy and find it to be an excellent place of learning. Students are courteous and very disciplined in their behavior and academics. I rate it 5 stars. Perfection!

Posted September 10, 2013
Creative and nurturing environment. Caring and competent staff. Community opportunities abound--for students and families alike. I am so happy my son is in the dual immersion class, and is learning Spanish and English skills.

Posted September 10, 2013
TECA is a great school. My son is in the dual immersioin spanish/english program (native english speaker) and is doing very well. Along with his bilingual education he does 10 weeks each of drama, music, pe and art each year. At recess they have Playworks (google it and demand it at whichever school you chose for your child) which goes a long way toward eliminating bullying and making sure the children get the exercise they need. The cafeteria was recently painted with murals and art will be installed soon. The school was awarded a significant amount of grant money last year for special projects such as greening, beautification and gardening. We have a new principal who is ON FIRE, loves the children most of all and from what I hear demands a lot from but also provides a lot to the teachers and administrative staff. It can be difficult deciding on a school - I feel in love with TECA right away and am lucky that academically and socially it has turned out to be a great choice for my son and for our family. The new kindergarten parents I have met are amazing - they are organizing sports teams and volunteering as room parents and are just so excited to be part of TECA.

Posted September 10, 2013
My son is now starting his second year at Thomas Edison, and I couldn't be happier with his education there. He's in the dual-immersion Spanish program (started when he was in kindergarten), and attends the school's in-house after school program, too. TECA's staff and teachers are fully committed to the kids, and it shows. And the recent hiring of their new principal a lauded and experienced educator only promises bigger and better things for the school. I'm looking forward to my son attending there all the way through eighth grade.

Posted August 19, 2013
I love that they have a dual Spanish immersion program. Prent are very much involved and partcipate.

Edison Charter Academy
3531 22nd Street, San Francisco, CA  94114
Last modified Edison Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews.