Bad
Good

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but some are truly absurd. I am a Senior at JJSE, i came into the school my 9th grade year and I was one of those students you would have called ignorant or uninterested in their education. I hated school in middle school and i never viewed college as an option. However, i love this school and appreciate all of the opportunities it has given me. At June Jordan i have expanded my knowledge around Social Justice and i am extremely involved in my community through community organizations. I recommend every student to attend this high school,primarily because of the abundance of opportunities offered here. The teachers are graduates of prestigious schools as well as many liberal arts schools and UC's and are extremely knowledgeable. Our community values RICH : Respect, Integrity, Courage, and Humility hold us up as a community. For those parents who had a horrible experience with this school through their children, don't blame the school, or your child, blame yourself for not supporting them. The school environment is not dangerous, it is very much safe, and if you ask me, I think it gets better and better each year. JJSE!!!

I am Rating June Jordan a 5 because, I believe JJSE is one of the best schools in San Francisco. I am a student at JJSE and would never think of transferring schools. Were small so we can build relationships with our peers and our teachers. We break the cycle of oppression because were being taught that every man, women, and child are the same. If you have to look down upon JJSE because of our test scores you will shortly come to realize that, that is the only negative thing about JJSE.

I am a freshman at this school and I love this school but it seriously does not prepare you for college. This school is too easy and if your GPA is higher than a 3.0 you might feel that this school is too easy and the work they give u makes you feel dumb beacuse of how EASY it is. The teachers are nice and all, but they don't give you much homework. I hate homework, but even my sister that is in THE FIFTH GRADE has MORE homework than me and it is also HARDER which I think is absurd.

They do not prepare the students for college. They let students graduate whom should not. They enhance subjects, rather than emphasizing the CORE SUBJECTS. They have they call an intersession, (supposed to take the place of PE-over half of the activities do not involve PE) we as parents spend approx 100.00; we should spend all that money collected for a PT PE teacher. The school was excellent five years ago, but it is NOT that way anymore. They accept students into the school that other schools reject. If I had to do over again, I would send to another school. The parents association is WEAK, average attendance may by about 10 parents. Some teachers are dedicated and deserve credit, while others need to go back to school or find another profession.

I love this school! Its a great school if you are serious about college. The teachers are very kind and are ready to help you get where ever you want to go. The process is challenging but prepares you for life in the college and working world.

I am a current student at JJSE. I'm a Junior and it's my second year at JJSE. The school is very challenging but it's the best because it's a small school and teachers give you more one on one attention. Also, at JJSE teachers prepare you for college and they do a very good job. We have college tours for us to be more interested in attending college. Also, as a Junior we get college level classes with college credits that is the best part. In your Senior year we get to attend SFSU to take classes there with the college students. They offer you many opportunities and the teachers are very high educated and so are the co directors. If you want your child to have the best education and a good high school experience than I strongly recommend JJSE.

I am a fan of June Jordan because it incorporates culturally relevant history of struggle and solidarity cross communities of color. I wish there was a high school like JJSE when I was growing up...

I find this school has low teacher student accountability. Eventhough I think the teachers are knowledgable...The children in my opinion are in a not so safe or structured environment. This schools environment has negatively affected the academic drive of my child. When visiting this school I saw children lingering in the hall ways during class sessions, using profanity and teachers walking by with nothing more than a passing word of warning. This does not appear to be an institution which is conducive of a place where academic excellence is taught.

I attend J.J.S.E as a freshman. Academic wise, it is a wonderful school, with so many oppurtunities, and its different I would say so. Schedules are a little hectic, yet I manage. Teachers are amazing and seriously do take the time to focus on every student that attends J.J.S.E. I would recommend this high school for any student that is interested in going to college, and really going far in life. =]

Absolutley wonderful! The school is different, new and fresh.. Everyone is friendly and students get the skills that they go there for and you are guranteed to go to any college you want.

Last modified Jordan (June) School For Equity is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.