Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

KIPP Bayview Academy 1

Posted October 23, 2015
I was thrilled about Kipp until my daughter was a victim of sexual harassment. To only add insult the injury the administrative staff is trying to sweep this under the rug. When your daughter comes home and says mommy I was sexually harassed at school today, you automatically assume that stuff must not know about the situation considering this was the first you heard of it, right? WRONG! My calls were first ignored when calling the principle from my cell phone, yet answered instantly (seconds later) when calling from another line. After having the inability to define the situation as sexual harassment I then asked her what would she define it as and what was going to happen. She defined it as possibly bulling and maybe harassment but not sexual harassment. I told her she can call it what she wants all of those are grounds for suspension. She then told me not to quote her hand book, that she knows what it says as she wrote it, and then hung up in my face. No action has been taken to properly discipline these 4 boys. If what these boys did to my daughter were to be done in the work place they would have been fired on the spot. If the principle has the inability to properly define "sexual harassment" I can't possible hold faith that this "college prep school" can prepare my daughter for anything.

Posted May 02, 2014
My kids attended 6th and 8th grade @kba last year. We had just moved from Italy and they both couldn't speak English. They had the best they could get; I felt like all the staff was there for them. Supportive, encouraging, a good sense of humour. Discipline and individual attention. I just hope they are all paid enough because they really work hard and with a high commitment. I am grateful to everyone for the amazing work!

KIPP Bayview Academy 4

Posted December 22, 2008
I am a recent alumni and I believe Kipp is a really great school, Discipline was very strong and if you see where were located everybody felt safe=). I would say that there wasn't that many extra curricular activities like sports. It was mostly academics and when i started High School at Sacred Heart i felt like i was with everyone i didn't feel behind at all. I just think the hours are way too long.

KIPP Bayview Academy

Posted September 23, 2008
kipp is an amazing school! the teachers there are great to me and my team mates. my step mom likes this school alot! ms.wood is the best principal ever! she help me through the years ive attended kipp! Leslie M.

Posted August 28, 2008
This a great school. It's ridiculous to me that anyone could say anything bad about this school. The commitment of the teachers, the motivation of the administration and the resilience and tenacity of the students is amazing. This school sends its students to the best high schools that those students can attend. How many other public middle schools have high school placement counselors to help their 8th graders with letters of recommendation, high school applications and scholarship acquisitions? I work hard, the teachers work hard, the administration works unbelievably hard, and our students shine. This school isn't for everyone; our school is only for those who can truly make a commitment to excellence.

Posted August 17, 2008
KIPP Bayview is a private school education available at no cost. The commitment of the teachers, the quality of instruction and the variety of out-of-school opportunities (meeting with the governor, museum trips, movie screenings, theater shows, sports events, overnight trips) is exceptional. The school's dedication to serving all students, especially those from San Francisco Bayview/Hunter's Point and Visitacion Valley neighborhood, rivals any school in the state. I worked at KBA for five years before moving to a job overseas for reasons that had nothing to do with the school. During my time at KBA, I saw children flourish and teachers grow as professionals and people. KBA has an intense academic focus--and the intensity is centered on helping students take advantage of every opportunity. The more I find out about schools, both public and private, the more I realize how truly special KBA is. --Rachel Roberson, 5th grade ELA. 2003-2008

KIPP Bayview Academy 2

Posted July 22, 2008
KIPP Bayview is a big disappointmet. As a former teacher, my biggest complaint is being pushed too far. I came there to specifically teach a subject and was asked to do more and more as the year went on. This took away from my time to plan lessons that I could have otherwise made much better. Molly and her staff do an awful job of making a teacher feel respected and important. The students in so many of the classes lack a HUGE amount of respect and there are little to no resources for the teacher-- which ends up hurting the students who REALLY care and really want o be there. So many of us left after the year we taught and that's because we were stretched too thin, were constantly disrespected by the students and did not feel supported by the principal and her team. Try another KIPP school.

Posted September 06, 2007
Kipp Bayview Academy is the best school in San Francisco! Molly Wood is the principle and she is the 'Brightest' young woman that you will ever meet. Of course she is smart. But, she has these leadership abilities that are uncanny. She is not only talented but, 'gifted'. And she and her amazing staff have a way of pulling those same qualities out of children. I have a child who had no self-esteem prior to Kipp. I tried and tried to communicate to him that he was awesome. But, Molly and her staff convinced him! Now, others refer to him as 'gifted', 'bright' and 'smart'. I think Molly's exact words were 'He is ridiculously wonderful'. Well, Kipp teachers played a huge role in unveiling this 'Ridiculously Wonderful' child and they can do the same for yours. The'Kipp Values' are now our family's values as well.

Posted June 14, 2007
Kipp Bayview was recommended to me by a close friend and I thank God and her for finding this school. After the horrible experience I had with his previous school he attended since 1st grade I thought we would not find a good public school in the city. He was on honor all year long, something that did not happen at his other school. I love the school and teachers for their sincere concern for the kids and their academic education. I would like to see a little more physical activity due to the rise of obesity among young people. Thank you Kipp and keep up the excellent work!

Posted June 04, 2007
My son attended Kip Bayview Academy in their first year of operation. He's apart of the first graduating class of the schools existence. I have been very spoiled with my son attending this school. I have close relationships with all the teachers and especially the Principal. We have common goals in mind and we both work together to make sure my son and all the other students at Kip Bayview Academy get the best quality education possible. I would recommend this school to anyone. I was hesitant at first cause my son was diagnosed with ADHD. I didn't want to set my son up for failure. But I'm so glad I decided to let him go. He has more confidence, a higher self esteem and he has become well rounded.

KIPP Bayview Academy
1060 Key Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94124-3563
Last modified KIPP Bayview Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
KIPP Bayview Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top