KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy 2

Posted March 27, 2014
High academics. Low social emotional support. Way to strict. Very demeaning discipline tactics. Using the paycheck and the "bench" constantly. Teachers screaming, yelling, and demeaning children in front of the class. My child came home sobbing daily. As a parent I felt ignored and disregarded:( I dreaded taking him/her and prayed every day I picked him/her up. So glad I pulled him/her out. She/he couldn't be happier. Even though his/her was on honor roll the entire time...
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 27, 2013
Kipp has really helped my boy advance academically and socially! he has been working very hard to be the best 5th grader he can be. The teachers really stay on top of the class in a positive way that help to maintain balance toward the future of our children~ I am very pleased with the quality of learning that my child is benefiting from by being a part of the Kipp Team! Great principal that greet the team of students every morning in a very pleasant demeanor that is important very early in the morning.

Posted September 27, 2013
KBA has excellent academics because the teachers and staff create an environment that focuses on classroom learning time. The weekly paycheck system provides parents with information about how their student is doing without any surprises. I like that the teachers are available to students even after school hours. Possible areas for improvement are a music program that involves performance in a band, more lockers so that students don't have to carry materials as much.

Posted August 24, 2013
Kipp San Francisco Bay Academy is a real choice for those of us that lack the privilege to be able to send our kids to private schools. My kids are now into high school but their experiece at Kipp was very fulfilling. Teachers are great and their program too. If you are a parent who is really interested in your child's education and are willing to work hard along with your student and teachers, this is a great school for you. If you are one of those that think that school is just a daycare for your child don't bother. You won't like it!

Posted June 11, 2011
KIPP SF Bay Academy is one of a national network of successful charter schools. My daughter just graduated from KIPP SF Bay Academy, and is on her way to Lowell High School. What an amazing experience KIPP has been for both of us! KIPP is one of those rare schools that lives and breaths its mission. The idea is to work hard, set high expectations, matriculate to a college prep high school, and attend college. KIPP provides the support system to make that happen. And with equally committed parents and students completing the triad, you have a recipe for success. Complementing the school are amazing Physical Education (and competitive sport teams), Music (a full orchestra) and Art teachers. The 8th graders have a High School Placement director who assists and supports the students and they prepare to apply to high school. My daughter's time here was filled with plenty of learning, homework, sports, music, extra-curriculars, fun and complete trust and bonding with her fellow team members (classmates) and teachers. What an amazing experience. We will miss KIPP, but will continue to support it's mission. Check it out!

Posted November 29, 2009
I am glad that I transfer my child from unified school district to Kipp Bay Academy. My daughter is 5th grader now. She lOves Kipp, she gets a lot of improvement, for example, reading up to 2 leveal now, a lot of writing, book report, she is learning little bit geometry now. She loves this school, I remember when she first comes to this school, she told her reading teacher that she doesn't like to read. Now she enjoys to read all kinds of books at school, home and on the weekend also. We are extremely happy see her excell very fast on everything, and she works hard and set high expectation. This school has a great teacher, principal and my daughter can call teacher after school for question on homework. Teacher, staffs are extremely helpful and skillful. Jenny

Posted September 29, 2009
The school is very education orientated. Especially for preparation of High School & College.

Posted September 16, 2009
This is my daughters 4th and final year at KIPP and it will be so sad when she has to leave. She has come so far since being there, she went from being 'far below basic' to 'advance'. She did work hard to get to where she is at but she would have never reached her goal without the help of the teachers and staff at KIPP. I thank God for them everyday.

Posted June 23, 2009
i am a student at this school,and the teachers over at Kipp SF Bay Academy push you to learn,and do you your best.This school is one of the most strict,but most helpful school i've ever been in.

KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy 0

Posted May 22, 2009
KIPP is an outstanding school, and it has an outstanding staff! I was set to put my daughter in a different school, but had read and heard wonderful things about KIPP. One of the best decisions I've ever made! KIPP's motto is ' Work hard, be nice', and that is exactly what the students and teachers do here. Middle school can be a difficult, transitional time. KIPP instills the values of a strong work ethic and self-pride in the children, so badly needed for them to be successful in high school, college and beyond. Everyone in the school community works hard together, and they support one another. My daughter is happy, thriving, and setting goals for herself - at the age of 12! She enjoys her classes, loves her teachers, and has made some wonderful friends at KIPP. KIPP quietly does what it need to do. Go Bulldogs!

KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy
1430 Scott Street, San Francisco, CA  94115
Last modified KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.