Posted October 24, 2013
This school help kids to stay in school, they communicate whit the parents and help to resolve the problems . I like to speak in my language whit the teaches and understand what happen whit my kid and how help them I recommend to have PE in their school, will be awesome and healthy .

Posted October 15, 2013
City Arts and Technology is a great High School! It was the perfect fit for our son. Small classes and individual attention to his needs and learning style made all the difference. The Principal and Administrative staff are excellent. The teachers and staff are very concerned with our son's well being, progress and education. Excellent teachers who are very knowledgeable in the subjects they teach. CAT prepared my son very well for the SAT and for College readiness. I believe CAT is the reason that he will be accepted to a great college next year. The students who attend are welcoming, nice and well mannered. They all included and befriended my son his first year. You will not go wrong with City Arts and Technology High School!

Posted October 13, 2013
CAT has been a great experience for our son, who is currently a Junior in high school. We looked at different schools for 2 years before choosing CAT, which is a great fit for our son. The Principal and staff are very dedicated to the students and their education. We feel confident that our son will be accepted into a University. The education that our student is receiving at CAT is more than we could have hoped for.

Posted September 18, 2013
My Daughter is doing really well at CAT. This was not our first choice for a Charter school but we were fortunate to get chosen in the lottery. We now are very happy that this is her high school and not the "other" one. The teachers are excellent, the school is very advanced in the use of technology and we really like the small size of the school. Students get individual support and attention they deserve.

City Arts And Tech High School 2

Posted June 16, 2011
CAT is a school where the teachers and staff are unable to control the students...First off, they allow troubled youth into the school without conflict but students who are actually there for education and not as a hang out are being affected...My two chidren attend this school, one being a senior and the other being a sophomore...The problems started with my older child and although i thought she was part of the problem i quickly realized when my son began having the same problems when he started attending CAT. its almost as if the students that struggle academically seem to taunt and bully the students that are trying to succeed and when they defend themselves they get punished worse than the troublemakers. I only met the principal after 2 years since she was never present of active at the school. Finally, she will be replaced for the 2011-2012 school year but I as well as my children are fed up and we are looking for a new school.

City Arts And Tech High School 3

Posted April 04, 2011
This school has major problems. It seems you can luck out and get excellent teachers who make the most of what they're given to work with, but unfortunately you will often find yourself with teachers who have good intentions but end up in a terrible situation in which they are unable to provide interesting content. At first CAT has made me feel great but but recent it has brought me to tears as it heads downhill. There is only one reason I continue to attend, he fact that the incredibly low standards and imperfect environment combine to make achieving the position as an "A student" in the eyes of a bureaucrat all but effortless. The struggle comes when you find yourself sitting through long boring classes, dealing with unreasonable teachers, and being locked inside a facility lacking in all the amenities taken advantage of in the outside world. I fully understand the degree of imperfection that leads me to having an outright disgust in the US school system, but even when judging City Arts and Tech based on what they have to work with, they all too often end up failing miserably.

Posted March 02, 2011
This school has only a handful of teachers the students actually respect. The students are loud, disruptive, and unruly, and the teachers have little and often no control over them. I found the experience upsetting =[

Posted February 06, 2009
No school is entirely prefect. City Arts & Tech (a new school, first graduating class 2008) comes extremely close. It is a tough school with fantastic opportunities. This school prepares students for college and life. They are currently working to providing more electives, but unbelievably, this is not a short fall, because students are provided with internships and electives that are challenging, creative and innovative. My student traveled to South America and Central America working on viable projects! My daughters are inspired by the young staff and encouraged by peers. One daughter came to CAT as a shy introvert; now she can deliver a speech to hundreds without preparation, and has dozens of loyal friends who have positive dreams and goals. The students are respectful, community conscious, happy individuals. City Arts & Tech (a small school) may not be for every child but my children have found nothing comparable.

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted October 09, 2008
City Arts and Tech. was the best exeperiance for 1 yr. After that it was a down hill slide that my me fall into a stressful, depressed, lack of hope in my life and future career. I felt like i was never good enough or never would amount to anything. i also felt that no one was listen to me and my ideas meant nothing. iturpirses me to see this school get such a good rating since the many youth dropped out or went to independence high. i feel that some of the teachers feel superior to the students makes a clam to be an istitution of equality. transfering out of C.A.T. was of big relife although i fear for the future of my peers who still atend this school. if theres anything i got from CAT it was good friends but i got them from sharing the same struggle CAT

City Arts And Tech High School
325 La Grande Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94112
Last modified City Arts And Tech High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
City Arts And Tech High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.