Posted December 25, 2012
It has only been 4 month since my daughter started kindergarten and I am already in love with the school. The atmosphere is just amazing. Kids learn both English and Russian and can read both languages in less than 2 months as they start K class. While the school is highly academic, the kids do a lot of projects and learn through the play. It is just a great balance that is so hard to find. The classes are small - only 10-12 kids, so kids feel really special. The school is just everything I was looking for my daughter.

Posted December 06, 2012
You cannot beat the value that this excellent school provides! It is very affordable, yet the classes remain small. Your child will get individual attention from the teachers. If there are any concerns at all, you will be the first to hear. The principal knows each and every one of the children and their quirks. I always get the feeling that everyone is interested in my children's success. The principal Eleonora Nayberg is highly enegertic and enthusiastic and stays on top of recent developments in education and implements all the latest trends to the advantage of our children. The after-school program offers homework help, chess, art, dance, LEGO and robotics classes, and other fantastics activies. Significantly, parents have similar values, prioritizing challenging academics. Don't be fooled by the small space because big things go on inside these walls.

Posted January 11, 2012
I am extremely picky when it comes to education. But, as a new parent, I just have positive things about the school: the classes have a small number of students, teachers are very enthusiastic, and authorities know what they are doing. I changed jobs shortly after moving to the area and have chosen almost an hour commute each way rather than moving my child. Keep up the good work!!!

Posted June 29, 2011
I used to go to this school, and I really loved it there. Wrote a poem about it too: Accepted I knew it was where I belonged, I felt so welcome there. Everything else was so unfamiliar, So different from where I came from. But there, I was just like everyone else, The same, but different, Different, but the same. The three years spent at that school Meant a world to me. The people there, Ms. Nelsen, My first ever English teacher, Who never gave up on me, And Olga Ianovna, The kind, caring kindergarten teacher Who made me feel warm and welcome When I felt like an outsider, And many, many more people, Who helped me be ready for the real world. That real world is a long while away, But when I get there, I ll know there are people out there who care. For everyone at RAIS school/summer camp :]

Posted June 24, 2010
The school is set apart from other San Francisco schools by its level of academic rigor and breadth of elective classes. The teachers are dedicated and energetic and the children are truly inquisitive, friendly and exceptionally well behaved.

Russian American International School 0

Posted January 08, 2010
Great school in sunset district As a parents, We were looking for a school that would give our children all needed skills for a successful transition into kindergarten than first grade and the social skills necessary to deal with life itself. We found that in the Russian-American International School. What a wonderful place to be a child! The school is extremely clean and beautiful with a large play areas. The classrooms are spacious and kid-friendly. The curriculum meets the needs of the children at their level. My daughters knows how to write, count, and read simple sentences in Russian and English which is very impressive. The creative projects kids create are amazing. Principal of the school arrange many special activities such as math, Spanish, Chinese, art, chess, dance, singing and fieldtrips as well. Kids participate in wonderful concerts for New Years, Mother's day and Father's day. Kids provided with daily healthy and nutritional meals. The warmth and understanding of the caring teachers and staff make this school a model for all others. Russian-American International School's teachers are devoted, loving heart that communicates to the children the importance of not only what they do but also who they are. This wonderful school has developed a program that nurtures the child's self esteem and development. Once you have visited the Russian American International School you will realize that you don't have to look further. The best for your child is right here.

Russian American International School 0

Posted August 11, 2009
Not only does Russian American offer a great program during the academic year, the school continues as a summer camp during the summer break. The kids are closely supervised by regular teachers and attend a variety of fieldtrips (library, museums, theatres, etc) on a weekly basis. The summer camp at Russian American is safe, fun and is an excellent choice for parents who want a nurturing environment for their children.

Posted August 11, 2009
My son has been going to this school since kindergarten and is going to start 2nd grade this fall. I am more that satisfied with this school. I am very impressed as to how much my son has learned since starting there. As far as I know it is the only full time Russian school in California. I have not heard of any similar schools in the rest of the states either. They combine both English and Russian school programs and even though the curriculum is intense, the dedication of the teachers and the individualized attention the students get makes it so worth while! The atmosphere of this school promotes healthy, friendly, study-oriented environment. The teachers are very responsive to any of our questions and concerns, and the child's individuality is always kept in mind while developing a course of action to any problem or concern. We love all our teachers- Ms. Olga, Ms. Hurley and Ms. Waters, and can't wait to see them this fall!

Posted August 04, 2009
My both sons love the school. Teachers are amazing. They do many field trips to explore the world. I am very pleased...

Posted August 01, 2009
Wonderful teachers, many field trips, good after school programs. We love this school and so do our kids.

Contact Information

3301 Balboa Street
San Francisco, CA 94121

Russian American International School
3301 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA  94121
Last modified Russian American International School is a private school that serves grades K-5
Russian American International School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.