Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2013
We have current students at CES and are happy here. We have come to realize that no school is going to be perfect, and over the course of 9 years (per student) some teachers will stand out, and others will have less impact. There have been some instances of dissatisfaction over the years - perhaps a social situation not dealt with completly smoothly or an unexciting teacher along the way - but overall our daughters are thriving. The faculty and staff are strong and caring; some of them exemplary. The new Head of School starting the 2012-2013 academic year is very strong so far. She is the former Lower Form Dean from Stuart Hall, our brother school, so knows the community well. Already she is making changes to update the academic curriculum, support teacher development, and bring in new staff in other advisory roles to support changing needs of the student body. A variety of extracurriculars is offered and the student body on average is higly involved. The religious component is not overbearing - 50% of the families are non-Catholic - but lends a spiritual element to the school that reminds us that academics are not everything. SHB offers balance to the all-girl environment.

Posted May 14, 2012
I graduated from Convent last year, and I have loved it so much. I look back on my nine years spent at Convent as the fondest years of my life (well, I'm only fifteen, so I was there for the majority of my life I guess!) My class was wonderful, and my best friends. As the girls at this school get older, there's a lot more drama, bullying, etc. This can be expected for an all-girls school I guess. My grade was fine in the end, all best friends (36 of us) despite the ups and downs. It taught me how to have a thick skin, and how to not judge others. I've learned patience from Convent and how to keep a level head. The 'five goals' stick with me today and I love the Convent values. The academics are outstanding, and prepare girls completely for high school. I've even been a bit ahead of my high school classes! Despite it's Catholic nature, people of all religions and views are accepted. This school is an absolute treasure. I can't imagine my life without having attended. It truly is a wonderful place. I can still look back and say with confidence "Convent is my home", and it will be for you too. A nurturing and loving community with faculty who truly want the best for the students.

Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School 3

Posted May 03, 2011
I would say that the lessons are average and similar to what you might find at a parochial or public school. What you do get at Convent are all the bells and whistles (good art program, music, language, cute class productions, etc.). The setting is beautiful and the teachers are good. Would I say they have excellent teachers? Some, definitely. However watch out because one of the kindergarten teachers will scare the love of learning out of your child. Does it have strong leadership? Not sure. Challenging academics? Sure, but again if your child struggles at all then expect to pay for a tutor (I'm guessing at least 1/8-1/4 of my daughter's class has tutors at $75-$100 an hour). Or if your child requires a little more challenge they may not be able to provide it at Convent. Not really loving our experience so far at this school.

Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2011
Convent does not differentiate its teaching. They must teach to the book. There is no out of the box thinking here. There is no progressive education here. Ask the school how it differentiates. Ask them about their math and science programs. They have assignments from a text and that's it. If you have a daughter who is a creative and articulate girl, this is not the school for you. Their theme this year is be kind. Shouldn't we always be kind?

Posted February 25, 2011
This is a wonderful school for any family desiring the finest education for their daughter. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are caring, and the administration very much aware of the needs of both the parents and the students. My daughter loves her school, her teachers and her classmates. The parents and alumni are very involved in the school. indeed, once your daughter enters the School (or Convent, for short), your family joins an entire group of families that have been, or are currently part, of the Schools of the Sacred Heart all over the United States and all over the world.

Posted July 24, 2009
This is a great environment for girls to bond, and the faculty are first class. Ms. Bisgani is an amazing teacher! She is warm, encouraging, and creates a harmonious environment for the girls to learn and succeed! She is the most astute, engaged educator either of our girls have had thus far. She completely rebuilt our daughters self-esteem and self-confidence for education. We can't say enough about what she did for our daughter.

Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted April 06, 2008
Convent of the Sacred Heart is a very loving and welcoming community. My children have recieved and excellent education. The teachers are very involved and build great relationships with the students.

Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2004
- a former student

Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2004
- a former student

Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School
2222 Broadway Street, San Francisco, CA  94115
Last modified Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Convent Of The Sacred Heart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.