Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus 2

Posted December 24, 2012
At Silver, the teachers are genuinely encouraging, with the exception of a few, one of whom clipped her toenails and slept during class. At Cambridge, they try their best, but sometimes, even the best isn't enough. It's their system that makes Cornerstone below average compared to other schools, especially public schools. Cornerstone shelters its students to the point of being a "helicopter school." It teaches everything in a technical manner; math, science, writing were like any other math, science writing class at other schools. As a former student and family member of four former students, we can say that Cornerstone did not prepare us mentally for real life. Social issues are not addressed, and the teachers avoid these like the plague: racism, sexism, politics, other religions, and current events. Religions other than Christianity are brushed aside as if they don't exist or matter. Not to say that the teachers personally do not care, but that's the impression they're giving off. Not once in my ten years at both sites was racism or politics seriously addressed, especially during the 2008 elections. This school ignores the outside world and exists in its own little bubble.

Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus 5

Posted June 07, 2012
This is a Christian School. It DOES what it suppose to do - Let God be the first place!!! There is nothing wrong with it. Nobody force kids to believe the truth (they just guide them), and I wish they do force them, because it is the truth. Sooner or later, they/you will find out what is the truth of life. It is for your kids' benefit. My kid has been there for three years now, all the teachers from 3rd grade to 5th grade are excellent so far. They care, and they teach well! To be honest, they are sometimes better (care more) than the kids parents. We used to go to public school, the difference is huge! My kid is obedient to parents, study hard, respectful, and very kind. Most importantly he gets to know God from the teaching environment. There is nothing more I would expect from this school. I know most of the parents think the same way as I do, but they don t write reviews. If they do, the school will get 4.9999999 stars. I wrote because I was looking for school s phone number on the website, and just saw these unfair and nasty reviews. It truly surprised me. I decided to share the truth.

Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus 4

Posted May 20, 2012
Cornerstone is a good school academically. They have a good religious system. Teachers are trying to make class as good as possible. Many hands on activities and visual pictures or kids who need it. They have many programs you can join such as volleyball basketball track and field yearbook debate volunteer and such. They have great care and confidence in what they are teaching. Great meals and guidence for the students.

Posted February 07, 2012
Many of Cornerstone's good teachers are gone. I think that Cornerstone forces many students to believe in the religion. Cornerstone has many strict rules for the children to follow. Cornerstone's teachers today do not teach as well as those before. Many teachers are irresponsible and sometimes do not know what they are doing. We parents expect better teaching out of this school.

Posted September 01, 2011
i stuied in this school. i seriously dont think the teacher in there can teach. i think ms.all** has some mentally problem. seriously, she doesnt want us to graduate.

Posted August 19, 2011
NOT WORTHING PAYING SO MUCH BECAUSE THE SCHOOL IS OLD AND NOT GOOD. IT'S COSTING TOO MUCH.!

Posted August 18, 2011
It has a bad academic system and rules, most of the teachers are no good. The those discipline officers always make some funny rules with no reason at all. I was a student of Cornerstone Academy, and I had learnt nothing from this school, after one of the ESL teacher was gone.

Posted August 18, 2011
I am a graduated student from cornerstone high school, it is not a school at all, most of the teachers don't know how to teach. Yes, they have plans, but can't finish the plan. One of the English teacher said how hard, how good the class will be, but the whole year can't even finish a book. It is ridiculous. But the most ridiculous thing is the only chemistry teacher who keep talking with no sense and some of his "funny jokes". And rushing the book before the final.

Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus 3

Posted September 21, 2010
Too much time spent on prayer and bible study. English teachers speak english as a second language.( not very well).

Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus 5

Posted September 29, 2009
Best years of my life were in Cornerstone. The teachers there are awesome and really care about your education, as well as your future life and what you're going to do with it. The curriculum is rigorous, but the teachers care enough to make sure you understand everything. Lunches are great, also. I'm now in the first year of high school, and everything is incredibly easy, though I'm in all honors classes, because my teachers have pushed me hard enough to make it so.

Contact Information

501 Cambridge Street
San Francisco, CA 94134

Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus
501 Cambridge Street, San Francisco, CA  94134
Last modified Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus is a private school that serves grades 6-12
Cornerstone Academy?Cambridge Campus Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.