Posted August 20, 2013
My daughter goes to Stratford school for a few year, and both of us couldn't be happier with the school. It gives a log of challenges in academics but all (most) kids don't have any difficulties follow the program. New topics are explained in "kids-friendly" manner so students can get it faster and remember for longer. They are definitely at least 1 year ahead of other students their age in public schools. They promote great discipline, sometimes maybe too much but I see big difference by looking on those kids that were difficult to calm down for even few minutes. Very clean and open classes, kids and their parents are great to deal with. I would HIGHLY recommend this school.

Stratford School - San Francisco 2

Posted May 17, 2013
My child was entrolled in Camp Socrates and Kindergarten. The school is lacking strong leadership(horrible principal) and has very poor communication. It appears to be a very immature staff of teachers which maybe ok for preschool but horrible for grade school. The office staff seem very fake and probably talk about you as you walk out of the door. We left the program feeling as if the program let down our child and family. It also has a heafty price tag and no delivery! Not recommended!

Stratford School - San Francisco 3

Posted July 09, 2012
My daughter is enrolled in the Kindergarten Camp Socrates. She s thriving academically, but some basics are missing. They do not encourage basic hygiene - I wish they would encourage hand-washing before and after lunch and washing around the mouth after. They also added a new teacher after two-weeks without notifying the parents. The office staff has this sort of fake-pleasant attitude, but you feel like their rolling their eyes at you as soon as you leave as if you are always in their way. I also feel one teacher knows little about young children. She often looks frustrated and as if she can t wait until the end of the day and there seems to be no continuation between what was encouraged in pre-school (hygiene, expectations for lunch and snack). There also seems to be a lack of acknowledgement that some kids are experiencing Kindergarten for the first time, and may not know the expectations of recess and limited time for lunch! I hope the regular Kindergarten experience is better because my daughter really likes going to school and often comes home singing the songs she has learned.

Stratford School - San Francisco 3

Posted June 19, 2012
When we first came to Stratford, we had a positive experience. The pre-K program was wonderful for my child. We were not going to even look at the school for elementary school (the feel of the whole place was too 'corporate' for our tastes), but we found that we liked the principal and the teachers, so decided to stick with it. Then there was a quick announcement of a leadership change over the summer, to our surprise. (They didn't even have a vice principal until the school year began.) I would have to say that at this point, the school is lacking good leadership and we ultimately have had a very disappointing experience. We have left the school feeling as if they really failed my child and our family. Some of the teachers are quite good. The program is academically strong, but there are some really odd things going on---can you imagine a group of kindergarten kids eating lunch in silence (while a group of not very nice adults 'police' the room)? There is an outdoor space that isn't very large and no green space at all. Overall, it reminded me of Catholic School without the religion and the community.

Posted March 09, 2012
My 4 years son loves Stratford very much and looks forward to going to school each morning. He wakes up like an alarm clock, dresses himself, and rushes me out the door because he wants to be the first one to be ins class. He comes home very happy each day. My husband and I couldn't be happier. We love Stratford very much too. The principal, teachers, and staffs are all very involved, caring, and motivating. Stratford is all around an excellent school. If I can give it more than 5 stars I would.

Posted October 25, 2011
My daughter loves Stratford and just can't get enough of it. I think there's a healthy balance of academics and play. I would recommend it to any parent looking for a solid school that your child can grow with.

Posted October 23, 2011
My son started Kindergarten at Stratford School last year and what a difference from his preschool! We loved the school. Leadership is strong and they participate in all activites that they ask their teachers to do. Teachers are kind, caring and hard-working. Students are being challenged academically because they are a year advanced, but the designs of their curriculum are excellent, very smart, meaningful and fun. Classroom is very structured and teachers really know their students' strengths and weaknesses. I believe that they provide extremely solid fundation for these students' future learning.

Posted March 31, 2011
My son attened pre-K and K at Stratford. We can't say enough abuot the teachers, principal and staff. They are warm, loving, yet firm and strict when necessary. The academics are rigorous, as the curriculum is 1-2 years above grade level. My son loves his school and his has learned so much in his two years there. I highly recommend the school. Your children will get a great eduction at Stratford.

Posted December 12, 2010
We have two children (older boy, younger girl) enrolled here. We used to have them enrolled in a multi-location private pre-K place that began in Marin, but have found this school to be much better suited for us: a) more academic program (not a "go forth and be happy" program); b) a small and entrepreneurial team of teachers and staff led by a dedicated and experienced principal; c) a good community of working parents who are involved, without a sense of stuffy-keep-up-with-the-Joneses feel. Our children have absolutely flourished at this school, especially my boy who was shy and had not related well with his teachers and peers. We are enthusiastic supporters of this school.

Posted May 28, 2010
My son is in Grade 1 at Stratford school and has been there since they opened. This school is a hidden gem in the city. We could not be happier with the care and attention he gets from every member of the team. The school has very high academic standard and the curriculum is engaging and challenging at the same time they have a wonderful balance of arts and music. We looked at many other schools, both private and public and the academic excellence, culture, diversity and guiding principles at Stratford made it our number one choice. There is no other educational institute in San Francisco that I would trust my child to after experiencing what Stratford has to offer.

Stratford School - San Francisco
301 De Montfort Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94112
Last modified Stratford School - San Francisco is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Stratford School - San Francisco Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.